Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me
    shock-it-to-me wrote:
    Seriously Sub? You must not have watched TV, listened to the radio, or read a paper in the last week, then, because this was probably the most hyped KU/KSU game ever. It got way more coverage than the Super Bowl locally. But I know, it's so 'cool' to 'not care' about K-State and KU.

Do you honestly care about everything that is hyped by the media?
    You missed my point entirely. Sub said he didn't even know they were playing. Gimme a break. You'd have to live in a cave to not know they were playing. A lot of you come on here and try and sound so smug with your "i don't care about KSU and KU basketball" schtick. It's college basketball, and its in my home state, why shouldn't I be interested in it as a sports fan. So we should just have our heads up our arses and not pay any attention to any other game going on anywhere in the world unless it is WSU playing? What fun is that?
    Seriously shut up

Comment

I seriously didn't realize they played last night. I knew the game was coming up in the near future but didn't care enough to go out of my way to read or listen to anything that mentioned it. I simply don't read most things that involve either of those two schools. I did read the article on Darnell Jackson the other day that was good.

And I pay attention to other teams and games that intrigue me. This wasn't one of them
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
        I think KSU earned some props tonight. Good job. I'm still not a Frank (Martin) fan, however. Just being frank. :D
        Agreed. When B&W depart for the NBA riches we'll find out real quick what kind of coach he his. Until the happens no one knows anything about the guy.

Comment

because both those schools have their head up asses because they think they are the only schools that matter in the state of Kansas. They treat us like their red headed step child

Ah-ha! See, the truth comes out. Its not that you "don't care", its that you dislike them so much, that you want everyone to think you don't care in an attempt to minimize them. It's perfectly fine to have teams you love and teams you hate. No problems with that at all.

OK, so you are a college basketball fan, two teams are playing, one storied team, who's undefeated, against a rival with 2 of the top freshman in the country. It doesn't matter to me if it's KU/KSU, Mich/Mich St, UCLA/USC, or whoever, that's a great storyline and a fun game to watch.

Comment

shock-it-to-me wrote:
            Seriously Sub? You must not have watched TV, listened to the radio, or read a paper in the last week, then, because this was probably the most hyped KU/KSU game ever. It got way more coverage than the Super Bowl locally. But I know, it's so 'cool' to 'not care' about K-State and KU.

You missed my point entirely. Sub said he didn't even know they were playing. Gimme a break. You'd have to live in a cave to not know they were playing. A lot of you come on here and try and sound so smug with your "i don't care about KSU and KU basketball" schtick. It's college basketball, and its in my home state, why shouldn't I be interested in it as a sports fan. So we should just have our heads up our arses and not pay any attention to any other game going on anywhere in the world unless it is WSU playing? What fun is that?
            I'm with you all the way, dude. I'm certainly not a fan of either, but I do like college basketball, and when KSU beats #2 KU, at Bramlage (which had never been done before) then I not only notice, but watch intently.

Comment

Apparently, Dalonte Hill had a little too much fun after the big win...

Too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                because both those schools have their head up asses because they think they are the only schools that matter in the state of Kansas. They treat us like their red headed step child
                Well, when we have fans like you representin'...
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Ah-ha! See, the truth comes out. Its not that you "don't care", its that you dislike them so much, that you want everyone to think you don't care in an attempt to minimize them. It's perfectly fine to have teams you love and teams you hate. No problems with that at all.

OK, so you are a college basketball fan, two teams are playing, one storied team, who's undefeated, against a rival with 2 of the top freshman in the country. It doesn't matter to me if it's KU/KSU, Mich/Mich St, UCLA/USC, or whoever, that's a great storyline and a fun game to watch.
                  I also agree. I don't care for either team. But I like watching a good college basketball game. Wait, who am I kidding?.. I like watching any college basketball, anytime, all the time. This was a very good one to watch and was intriguing.

Newshock, ripemup, fastbow.. quick.. hurry up and get on.. and say I'm less of a WSU fan for watching K-State and KU last night.. Come on!! Hurry!
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'd watch a WAC game at midnight on ESPNU. It's a sickness...

Comment

I would too.. which makes me bring up this question.. what ever happened to those 10:00pm games ESPN would do during the season that usually involved Gonzaga/WCC teams and WAC teams? All they have is the 6 and 8pm games now.. :-x
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

there was one last week with Gonzaga and Frisco

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                          I would too.. which makes me bring up this question.. what ever happened to those 10:00pm games ESPN would do during the season that usually involved Gonzaga/WCC teams and WAC teams? All they have is the 6 and 8pm games now.. :-x
                          not really.

But if your down to watch San Fran vs Pepperdine then so be it

Comment

Nevermind.. I must've just missed 'em.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Regardless of who won, or who you were cheering for. That crowd energy was insane. All the talk radio here in KC was just gushing about how load and intense that crowd was. Keegan, Petro, and the bunch who are huge KU homers and claim to have been to every home KU game for years said that their field house has never been that load and that crazy. Its got to be pretty cool to be in that kind of environment cheering on your favorite team.
                              I had Martin explain to me three times what he got arrested for because it sounds an awful lot like what I do here every day.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                                shock-it-to-me wrote:

What do you want these schools to do? Hold a parade every year for WSU? Seriously let your ego go, jesus.. KU does not benefit from playing WSU. If KU wins they were supposed to win, if they don't then they are "choke" artists. One of my WSU friends was talking **** all day after KU lost to KSU and he has no affiliation with either school. I don't get it. Any loss KU makes is completely criticized....do people expect them to go 40-0 and win the title every year?? The people who hate KU have higher expectations then KU fans do....its insane. People hated on the Shockers until they went to the S16 and idiots still tried to say they "got lucky in the tourney". Give credit where credit is do. KSU is good and so is KU and believe it or not the Big 12 is a good conference this year (compared to the last few years).

Comment

Working...
                                X