Wildkitties vs J Hawks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22
    I didn't even know they played last night. And didn't really care either.
    jhawks & wildkiddies or Romans and Macadonians? :D
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me
      Seriously Sub? You must not have watched TV, listened to the radio, or read a paper in the last week, then, because this was probably the most hyped KU/KSU game ever. It got way more coverage than the Super Bowl locally. But I know, it's so 'cool' to 'not care' about K-State and KU.
      Do you honestly care about everything that is hyped by the media?
      The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

I had a student in class this morning who wore a kstate hat and shirt...I told him that the only reason I wasn't kicking him out of class was because they beat ku last night.
        That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

It actually was a pretty good game last night. It would have been a good game no matter who was playing. To see a team end a streak like that and knock off the #2 team in the country at the same time was impressive. And take into account that one of KSU's starters had just been suspended indefinitely.

If KSU doesn't have two guys on their team right now that are gonna be lottery picks, then I'd be shocked. They definitely played like they were the better team. The KSU fans deserved this. They have been waiting a long, long time.

Comment

I had this to say in the off-topic forum: KU still has the best team in terms of top to bottom talent, but there is no doubt that KSU has some superior individual components. KSU certainly looked like they had the better talent last night, I'll say thay much though. They kicked our tails. I liked our gameplan on Beasley, they just made a lot of tough shots. Bucknell did the same thing and I don't think they were more talented. That was not KU's A game, but I think it was KSU's. I think we'll get them in Lawrence.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

rr there is no way Bill Walker is a lottery pick.

At this point in time hes a late first rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone

and thats being kind
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Well I do speak kind of rash. The NBA drafts only on potential and not on what has been done. That to me is the only reason people like Kwame Brown Joe Smith, and Bargnani.

Walker is really athletic but he hasnt lived up to the hype IMO

Comment

I disagree. He might actually be a thougher match up at the NBA level than Beasley...not saying a better player, just a very big mismatch.

The guy is 6'6", but plays at 6'9". He has a rare combination of strength, coordination, and athleticism that very few 19 year olds possess. He's demonstrating a strong handle and even a consistent jump shot. He has shown the ability to generate and make jumpers off the dribble.

He is a lottery caliber player. This year's draft should be a strong one, so he may not get drafted quite that high, but I bet he plays in an All Star game.

Compare Pierce and Walker at the same point in their college careers. Not sure I could take Pierce over him and he's turned out to be a stud. Compare him to Richard Jefferson or Ron Artest or Caron Butler at the same point.

Comment

Well I do speak kind of rash. The NBA drafts only on potential and not on what has been done. That to me is the only reason people like Kwame Brown Joe Smith, and Bargnani.

Walker is really athletic but he hasnt lived up to the hype IMO

Perhaps you have not been paying attention. The guy is a few months removed from ACL surgery and this IS what should be his real freshman season.

He's averaging 18.2 points a game in the Big 12 and shooting 52% overall and 46% from 3.

What else could the guy do to live up to the hype?

Comment

Originally posted by GarH
                        Kinda suprises me to see KSU handle KU like that. I guess on any given night in college basketball about anything can happen.
                        I would say you're not paying attention to what's happening at KSU, if you think this was just something that "on any given night...can happen"

Like 'em or hate 'em, KSU is a good basketball team. This kind of just legitimizes them a little.

I'd take Beasley on my team any day.

Comment

I'm not saying that Walker will be a lottery pick this year. He might stick around one more year, then be the Big 12 POY, then be a lottery pick. But he is definitely the type of guy that NBA teams take in the top 13 or whatever the lottery is.

Comment

I want to see Bill Walker play without Beasley on the team and then i will determine if he is a lottery pick. Teams are more worried about shutting down Beasley right now then Walker. If Walker kept up these stats or better without a year of Beasley then he is definetly a lottery pick.

BUT WHO CARES????

GO SHOX!!!!!!!!

:posterwsu: :yahoo: :posterwu: :yahoo: :goshocks: :yahoo: :wsu_posters:
                            Shocker Forever!!

Comment

shock-it-to-me wrote:
                              Seriously Sub? You must not have watched TV, listened to the radio, or read a paper in the last week, then, because this was probably the most hyped KU/KSU game ever. It got way more coverage than the Super Bowl locally. But I know, it's so 'cool' to 'not care' about K-State and KU.

You missed my point entirely. Sub said he didn't even know they were playing. Gimme a break. You'd have to live in a cave to not know they were playing. A lot of you come on here and try and sound so smug with your "i don't care about KSU and KU basketball" schtick. It's college basketball, and its in my home state, why shouldn't I be interested in it as a sports fan. So we should just have our heads up our arses and not pay any attention to any other game going on anywhere in the world unless it is WSU playing? What fun is that?

Comment

Originally posted by shock-it-to-me
                                shock-it-to-me wrote:

You missed my point entirely. Sub said he didn't even know they were playing. Gimme a break. You'd have to live in a cave to not know they were playing. A lot of you come on here and try and sound so smug with your "i don't care about KSU and KU basketball" schtick. It's college basketball, and its in my home state, why shouldn't I be interested in it as a sports fan. So we should just have our heads up our arses and not pay any attention to any other game going on anywhere in the world unless it is WSU playing? What fun is that?
                                because both those schools have their head up asses because they think they are the only schools that matter in the state of Kansas. They treat us like their red headed step child
                                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                                X