Final Four run pays off for WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockkansas View Post
    As a Life Member of the WSU Alumni Association, both the lack of response and the actual responses to this thread sadden me.
    Want a refund?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
      May I request a ruling from the moderators?
      Remove the shock part of the name and put the jayhawk fan label on...like with DJA and Lusking :)

Comment

I 100% agree! Finding the right top 250 recruit is better than finding the wrong top 50 recruit. Get a guy that fits the system and works hard. The rest will work itself out. Finding a 7 footer that isn't a project ain't gonna happen outside of the bluebloods. Finding the right 6-8 post isn't that hard.

Scheduling up in the non-con and getting our foot in the door with the RIGHT top 100…that's what the final four should do!
        I think some of you are taking the point out of context. Yes, Marshall has done a great job getting good players that fit his his system and the recruiting trends are pointing up. That said, the more visibility the program has, the better he will be able to compete for even better athletes. I don't think anyone is saying just bring in 4 and 5 star guys, but there are a lot of those high profile guys that also would fit into the system, and those are the guys we should be seeing in future recruiting classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
          I think some of you are taking the point out of context. Yes, Marshall has done a great job getting good players that fit his his system and the recruiting trends are pointing up. That said, the more visibility the program has, the better he will be able to compete for even better athletes. I don't think anyone is saying just bring in 4 and 5 star guys, but there are a lot of those high profile guys that also would fit into the system, and those are the guys we should be seeing in future recruiting classes.
          After watching our guys play angry and not satisfied I'm not sure there really are to many high profile guys that are better.
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

As a Life Member of the WSU Alumni Association
            You're so full of ****.

I realize there's a lot of purple envy going around, but you're doing a poor job of not showing it.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Finding a 7 footer that isn't a project ain't gonna happen outside of the bluebloods.
              I think our blood may be turning blue sooner than most think

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
                I think our blood may be turning blue sooner than most think
                What do you consider a "blueblue", @moshock:? Not being crital, just askin'. For me, that's only a handful of schools: Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, Indiana, Kansas, UCLA (although they've only won 1 championship in nearly 40 years). Louisville is probably next in line. UConn's success has all been too recent for me. I look at bluebloods as those programs have a long history of success and/or a place in basketball history.

Comment

As a Life Member of the WSU Alumni Association, both the lack of response and the actual responses to this thread sadden me. It seems most "Shockernetters" do not look at athletics as a "window into the university." No, they think athletics are bigger than the university. "We don't care if recruits can spell "WSU", as long as they can ball!" "Coach Marshall says we don't want football, so we don't want football!" "Graduation rate? Who gives a &@#$? No "one-and-dones" but 30% sounds good to me." and of course, we don't need a seven-footer like Jeff Withey, a smart kid who could actually dominate in the Valley!

How come no one on Shockernet thinks about some high schooler that would not have heard of WSU but for the Final 4 run, and looks into the university? Students won't come to WSU just because they think the basketball team will be good. But a good basketball team will make them look at WSU, and the assets of the university will bring them here. I am truly saddened that Shockers would be happy that this Final 4 run will get us another juco (questionable student) baller, but not excited at all that some kid in Florida (etc.) may learn that WSU is a great place to study aeronautical engineering or entrepreneur studies.
                  A lotta assumptions and mind reading in there, Big Boy. I might add that there is a lot of mangled syntax and logic in there as well.
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    What do you consider a "blueblue", @moshock? Not being crital, just askin'. For me, that's only a handful of schools: Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, Indiana, Kansas, UCLA (although they've only won 1 championship in nearly 40 years). Louisville is probably next in line. UConn's success has all been too recent for me. I look at bluebloods as those programs have a long history of success and/or a place in basketball history.
                    I don't neccesarily have a definition for "blue blood" but IMO, we will be consistently raising the bar as far as recruiting and making runs in the NCAA's. If we could build on the success of the past few years - who know's what could happen.

Comment

As a Life Member of the WSU Alumni Association, both the lack of response and the actual responses to this thread sadden me. It seems most "Shockernetters" do not look at athletics as a "window into the university." No, they think athletics are bigger than the university. "We don't care if recruits can spell "WSU", as long as they can ball!" "Coach Marshall says we don't want football, so we don't want football!" "Graduation rate? Who gives a &@#$? No "one-and-dones" but 30% sounds good to me." and of course, we don't need a seven-footer like Jeff Withey, a smart kid who could actually dominate in the Valley!

How come no one on Shockernet thinks about some high schooler that would not have heard of WSU but for the Final 4 run, and looks into the university? Students won't come to WSU just because they think the basketball team will be good. But a good basketball team will make them look at WSU, and the assets of the university will bring them here. I am truly saddened that Shockers would be happy that this Final 4 run will get us another juco (questionable student) baller, but not excited at all that some kid in Florida (etc.) may learn that WSU is a great place to study aeronautical engineering or entrepreneur studies.
                      Is it really that shocking to come onto a website devoted to talking about a school's athletic teams to see discussion continuously evolve into sports?* That's like going to the Porsche forum and getting upset when the Lindsey Lohan thread turns into discussion about the latest 911 she wrapped around a pole.

*There's probably no way for you to answer that question and come out looking good.
                      Last edited by rjl; May 7, 2013, 10:09 AM.
                      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

As a Life Member of the WSU Alumni Association, both the lack of response and the actual responses to this thread sadden me. It seems most "Shockernetters" do not look at athletics as a "window into the university." No, they think athletics are bigger than the university. "We don't care if recruits can spell "WSU", as long as they can ball!"
                        Care to show me this fact? I think only one persona has stated that they don't care about the quality of the person but only their ability. I also don't think you will get a response from that persona because Cold has been banned.

"Coach Marshall says we don't want football, so we don't want football!"
                        Care to show me the quotes or thread where most shockernetters provided this opinion? Most of the dissent about football at WSU is based upon the financial impact of adding football.

"Graduation rate? Who gives a &@#$? No "one-and-dones" but 30% sounds good to me." and of course, we don't need a seven-footer like Jeff Withey, a smart kid who could actually dominate in the Valley!
                        Again please provide the source of your facts. I couldn't find a 30% graduation rate for men's basketball. I'll give you a source of information.

A couple of interesting facts:

WSU Men's BB graduation rate - 90%
                        KSU Men's BB graduation rate - 58%

Facts suck don't they.

I think if you look hard enough you will see that most shockernetters are quite proud of WSU's engineering and business schools. But as many has pointed out, this is a forum for Men's Basketball.
                        Last edited by jdmee; May 7, 2013, 11:00 AM.

Comment

He's the smartest troll ever!

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
                            Is it really that shocking to come onto a website devoted to talking about a school's athletic teams to see discussion continuously evolve into sports?* That's like going to the Porsche forum and getting upset when the Lindsey Lohan thread turns into discussion about the latest 911 she wrapped around a pole.

*There's probably no way for you to answer that question and come out looking good.
                            wait what? all i read was lindsey lohan and pole.

Comment

Originally posted by lostshocker View Post
                              wait what? all i read was lindsey lohan and pole.
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

JDMEE: I must have got some bad info from USA Today: http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinio...bates/2054833/

Comment

Working...
                                X