Ron Baker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
    For a guy to be playing this well against this level of competition as a freshman, I think we can go there.
    I think many would agree with you.

Comment

Kid is just a STUD!!!! Nails!!!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Many of you have passed through another town in Kansas called Claflin. Don't blink or you might miss it. I love the sign as you enter the town that says something like this: "Welcome to Claflin, KS., Home of WNBA Rookie of the Year, Jackie Stiles."

Pretty cool and how often could something like this happen? Credit Coach Jans for finding such a solid player at another small town Kansas location. Baker is a prototype Shocker player that pays his dues, plays his team-role without complaining, and makes us a better team.

Ron Baker was on no top recruiting list but is now playing a key role in the Elite 8 for our beloved Shockers while other high profile teams and highly known players watch him from home tonight. The game of basketball is a team sport. Successful teams must locate players that blend into their System and find team chemistry that gives you an edge over your competition. Teams also have to perform at their best and reach the crest of their peaking in March if they want to keep right on Dancing.

In conclusion, Ron Baker sit out last Season and paid his own way right along with Mr. Armstud. Mr. Baker missed 21 games this Season. We really missed him but still found our way to the Dance. Tonight, these two guards will take the hardwood with the masses in the MILKY WAY looking on. I am so very grateful to have each and every Shocker represent our fine Program tonight which will include these 2 guards that made a huge sacrifice to make this dream possible.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

What is even better than having Ron Baker on our team next year?

Ron Baker and his 6'5" carbon copy - Evan Wessell
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

VanVleet, Baker and Wessel makes for one SALTY So. class.

The Fr class appears solid, but only time will tell.

I have a feeling Marshall will now begin recruiting "at this level" for the year after next. And "this level" is one of the top 8 programs in the nation.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

"Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

Did you read the other headlines? I assume at least those are fake.

Comment

really funny aren't they
                  "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

My buddy and his two kids ran into Ron at walmart the other day. He was blown away with how nice he was, said Ron talked to both kids and asked them how their springbreak was. My buddy said he didn't know who Ron was but his kids did and they were freaking out! Ron was going to give them an autograph but non of the walmart employes around had a pen lol. This just says so much about the program and the kids coach Marshall brings in! Big shout out Sam and Noel two of the newest shocker fans in town!!
                    I smell Bluejay puntang and the only good Bluejay puntang is dead Bluejay puntang

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                      Baker will be MVC PoY at least once before he graduates....
                      Unlikely. That would require the MVC to make a competent assessment of the value and ability of members of our team rather than just hand awards to every team based on meaningless personal stats (the entire Defensive team, for instance).

I missed a lot of the early games because of my work schedule, so even though I'd heard about how great of a player he was, I didn't really buy into the hype. That's over. Baker is the best all-around player on a team full of amazing all-around players, and he's a freshman. Just incredible. It's going to be a fun two years ahead of us as I try to decide if he, FVV, or Cotton is my favorite player on the team. And I haven't even seen Wessel play much, and three of those will still have a senior year once Cotton is gone ...
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Baker's resurgence has been much better than his opening season. He struggled a bit with his shot when the season started but man has he been great since coming back.

Comment

Lets have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Baker's resurgence has been much better than his opening season. He struggled a bit with his shot when the season started but man has he been great since coming back.
                            I wonder how much of his shooting woes were because of the foot...
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              I wonder how much of his shooting woes were because of the foot...
                              I think it was and is too early to make determinations, due to the small sample size. Regardless of shooting prowess, the guy is obviously a Grade-A baller.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                                VanVleet, Baker and Wessel makes for one SALTY So. class.
                                Cotton as a junior next year….and Wiggins will be a senior. If Bowles can back up the point, we are going to have one of the best back courts in basketball.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X