No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. LaSalle- Sweet Sixteen Showdown Discussion and Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kevin Harlan and Len Elmore will be calling the game, with Reggie Miller as the analyst.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
      How do they keep getting it done? Is it just hot shooting?

Is it kstate and ole miss going to sleep or what?

I'm a little nervous because we still have to play really well from here on out, but la salle has me baffled
      This is not the take anything away from La Salle, because they have played smart and hit shots, but both KSU and Ole Miss would have won if they have been even mediocre at the freethrow line. KSU was 9 of 17 (53%) and Ole Miss was 10 of 21 (48%).

In addition, Ole Miss didn't take full advantage of the size disparity because Henderson was too busy jacking up 20+ shots from the outside. KSU took a half of basketball to figure out how to break down La Salle (it shouldn't have taken them that long, but it did). They started pounding the ball inside in the second half and outscored La Salle that half 35-19, but they had dug too deep a hole early (although even that should not have been too much if they just hit fts).
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
        This is not the take anything away from La Salle, because they have played smart and hit shots, but both KSU and Ole Miss would have won if they have been even mediocre at the freethrow line. KSU was 9 of 17 (53%) and Ole Miss was 10 of 21 (48%).

In addition, Ole Miss didn't take full advantage of the size disparity because Henderson was too busy jacking up 20+ shots from the outside. KSU took a half of basketball to figure out how to break down La Salle (it shouldn't have taken them that long, but it did). They started pounding the ball inside in the second half and outscored La Salle that half 35-19, but they had dug too deep a hole early (although even that should not have been too much if they just hit fts).
        Agreed, WSU needs to look to pound the ball inside. I think the excitement from beating Gonzaga makes people forget that WSU was 14-28 from 3 and made their last 7 attempts. That is going to be very hard to replicate vs any team and can't be something to rely on. If the shox can get a good post game going and shoot their normal percentage from the outside, I think they will be to much for LaSalle.

Comment

Shockers open up as 3 point favorites in Vegas, moved immediately to -3.5

Comment

So a guard, will be guarding Carl Hall in the post?

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
              So a guard, will be guarding Carl Hall in the post?
              Depends on the lineups. If Hall and EO are in together, then yes (or at least a SF). If we see more Hall and Early together, Hall will get the 1 post player. Of course, we may see our fair share of zone, but hopefully we can A) get the ball to the post anyway and B) offensive rebound out of the zone.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I think we're a better team than La Salle.

I also think we're a better team than Evansville and SIU. And we lost to both of them.

So ... if we play our game and treat them with respect as a legitimate Sweet 16 team, I think we win by 10. If we look at the #13 seed and start looking ahead to the Elite 8, might as well call La Salle George Mason.
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Saw some funny comments from La Salle fans ...

I am not impressed with Zags or Shockers... Both have slow white guys who can shoot the 3-ball but that is what we defend the best.
                  Man, did we become Creighton overnight? I hope the La Salle coaches think we've got slow white guys who shoot the 3-ball and game-plan accordingly.

I'm fairly sure Jake White is included in that "slow white guys" comment. Please game-plan around him shooting 3's.
                  Originally posted by BleacherReport
                  Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

LaSalle leaves for LA later today, flying straight from Kansas City without first returning home to Philadelphia.

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                      Saw some funny comments from La Salle fans ...

Man, did we become Creighton overnight? I hope the La Salle coaches think we've got slow white guys who shoot the 3-ball and game-plan accordingly.

I'm fairly sure Jake White is included in that "slow white guys" comment. Please game-plan around him shooting 3's.
                      Maybe somebody grabbed the slow-mo remote from Buffalo Wild Wings?

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                        LaSalle leaves for LA later today, flying straight from Kansas City without first returning home to Philadelphia.
                        If you saw the video of what their 20 or so fans were doing in the streets, you wouldn't want to go back to Philly either.

But this is about Wichita State.

Go Shocks!

Comment

La salle is a determined team, but the Shox will d it up.

This game sets up perfectly for cleanthony. He should have a size advantage to do just about anything he wants.

He's the guy in this game, me thinks.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                            So EO probably won't log a minute in this one, right?
                            I think he wins the tip and plays about 5 other minutes.
                            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

I would have MUCH rather faced an average Ole Miss team. La Salle is extremely dangerous and playing very well. That said, I think our magical run will continue and we'll see our Shox win by 5. Book it.

Comment

Good luck Shox and go win another one or two...............or three or four. Go 'til the fat lady sings!

Comment

Working...
                                X