No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs. LaSalle- Sweet Sixteen Showdown Discussion and Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There will be no Valley officials in this game and we have Ron freaking Baker back, so this will NOT be like SIU or Evansville.

Comment

Doesn't a big shot-blocking center hovering around the basketball actually help calm down guards that try to penetrate?

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
        Doesn't a big shot-blocking center hovering around the basketball actually help calm down guards that try to penetrate?
        If we had a big shot blocking center that could consistently read what was happening in front of him, yes. But we don't. What I hope will happen is seeing more time from Wiggy and Jake. With the need for a smaller lineup, these two could make a huge positive impact.

Comment

Preditctions for this weekend:

After reviewing LaSalle's season, a couple things stand out.
          1. They are a good team. They are long and athletic and create turnovers.
          2. They rebound pooly. So poorly on fact that if they are not creating steals, they will struggle to score.
          3. They do not play good team defense. They clo the passing lanes, but dribble penetration is available and the key to beating them. Get to the line or score.

So i think our strengths definitely exploit their weaknesses. Shox win going away 78-65.

Next up will be Arizona. I know, they have to play Ohio State. I think the Buckeyes are a better matchup, but think Arizona is clicking at the right time. Problem is they wont have time to prepare for us. It will be a war. And they wont be prepared to go to war with the Shockers!!

Shox punch ticket to Atlanta with 59-54 win over the Wildcats.

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
            Saw some funny comments from La Salle fans ...

Man, did we become Creighton overnight? I hope the La Salle coaches think we've got slow white guys who shoot the 3-ball and game-plan accordingly.

I'm fairly sure Jake White is included in that "slow white guys" comment. Please game-plan around him shooting 3's.
            That may be the worst one sentence scouting report in the history of basketball.

Comment

I am curious as to how they beat VCU at their place. That got my attention.

Maybe some of our VCU friends can give us a scout.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                Preditctions for this weekend:

After reviewing LaSalle's season, a couple things stand out.
                1. They are a good team. They are long and athletic and create turnovers.
                2. They rebound pooly. So poorly on fact that if they are not creating steals, they will struggle to score.
                3. They do not play good team defense. They clo the passing lanes, but dribble penetration is available and the key to beating them. Get to the line or score.

So i think our strengths definitely exploit their weaknesses. Shox win going away 78-65.

Next up will be Arizona. I know, they have to play Ohio State. I think the Buckeyes are a better matchup, but think Arizona is clicking at the right time. Problem is they wont have time to prepare for us. It will be a war. And they wont be prepared to go to war with the Shockers!!

Shox punch ticket to Atlanta with 59-54 win over the Wildcats.
                So this might be the Armstead slashing show?
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Armstead, Williams, VanVleet, and Wiggins.

Comment

This time of year, we all know the mystical part of basketball, the ability to put the ball in the hole, is a big factor in any team's success. In the first half against KSU, the Explorers were, well, just like the Shockers at the end of the Gonzaga game. They put themselves up in a big way. In the second half, they were more typical, and KSU made a comeback. What is interesting, is for the first time in this tournament, a LaSalle opponent has more than a couple of days to put in a game plan for this very talented, guard oriented offense. DWill will be called upon to play defense in this game. I worry about turnovers, and he needs to spend all week working on entry passes to CH and Cle. REU, TEU, GEHS!
                    Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                      Kevin Harlan and Len Elmore will be calling the game, with Reggie Miller as the analyst.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...r-the-sweet-16
                      No! I demand Gottlieb! Don't change anything!

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                        Yes and his soothing voice will help calm them down too

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                          I am curious as to how they beat VCU at their place. That got my attention.

Maybe some of our VCU friends can give us a scout.
                          @DistrictBaller:

Comment

as I stated earlier which is clearly a no brainer at this point hahah.

Guard play will be crucial...

Lucky for us we match up pretty well size wise and we have two PG's that can slash if they want to. A third Demetric does it alot but alot of the times its just wild. Im going to go out on a limb and say that will be a strength in this game. We also have 3 guards that shoot the 3 very well in Baker, Mal & Wiggins.

I think Cle becomes the neutralizer again in this game. He's as big as their biggest player, can slash, shoot the j & create his own shot. BUT most importantly he is quick enough to guard their guards no matter where they might be.

Prediction? Dont listen to anything I said above.. This is going to be one hell of game!

Comment

They won't be able to handle our slow white guys that shoot threes whom our entire team revolves around

We lack size and athleticism and can't defend well. We lack a tough rebounding forward. We lack good quick handsy guards. All we really have is jake white and his three ball

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                                LaSalle leaves for LA later today, flying straight from Kansas City without first returning home to Philadelphia.
                                No need to go back to class or anything

Comment

Working...
                                X