Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Club BJ is leaving - Waaaaa... Waaaaa.... Waaaa....... SHUT THE F UP PLEASE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club BJ is leaving - Waaaaa... Waaaaa.... Waaaa....... SHUT THE F UP PLEASE!!!

I have reached my limit on all the woe is me comments regarding BJ sucking up to a better conference. Some of the people on here act like BJ was carrying this conference or something...... Make no mistake, the Valley sucked with a BJ and it will suck without a BJ. WE have been carrying this conference with respect to tradition, fanbase, revenue, and profit. The best year this conference has had in the last 20 was when Wichita State was carrying the banner in 2006. Since 2009, Wichita State's average RPI has been 38; BJ's - 68. Of course the Valley needs quality programs that can win a few games to remain respectable, but BJ's departure will in no way alter our future. In fact, I am of the opinion that BJ's trendline is solidly down. Had Chewbacca not spawned the corn-fed phenom known as SoW, BJ would have been a mid-level Valley team this year. Chewbacca is no Diana. BJ is just another NIU with a few more sprinkles. Want to know an interesting fact? NIU's average RPI over the last 4 years has been... wait for it... 69. That's right, if NIU decides to bail on the MVC I better see just as many tears because they will affect us exactly the same - which is very little.

Keep packing the Roundhouse.

Marshall will keep reloading the roster.

WSU will keep filling coach's wallet.

And the Shox will keep listing in the top 25.

In the meantime...

STOP

THE

F***ING

CRYING

AND

ACT

YOU

HAVE

A

PAIR...

WE ARE WICHITA STATE!

Oh, and if we stay in this shitty conference, prepare to see domination like never before because we are only getting better next year. BJ on the other hand.. against even stiffer competition.. lololololol They are fooked! They will be the Evansville of the Pope's basketball league. I sure hope the suburban horse strategy works for them on the east coast... hahaha.

T

...:cool:

I foresee a run at perfection with or without CU in the Valley in the next 4 years for WSU.

We are trending sharply upward.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I have to agree with Cold. CU been good, they have been bad. But if you look at what they have achieved in the last 10 years, WSU has achieved just as much if not more. And even if they stayed in the MVC - if Doogie goes pro, they will be hurting.

Comment

Honestly, this year without DmD, they would easily have been a third place team at best. What's the wookie to do when Douglass is gone?

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti View Post
            Honestly, this year without DmD, they would easily have been a third place team at best. What's the wookie to do when Douglass is gone?
            Try to get better recruits, or try to Evansville the C7.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

They played awfully damn well with SoW on the bench Sunday. I don't think they would have won the conference by any means, but they wouldn't simply suck without him. I could see them still finishing 2nd if he weren't there.

They have some nice players. Nobody else is a star like SoW, but they have plenty of pieces around him to be fine. Hell, we don't have a "star" player and do it with a bunch of pieces. We're two different styles of team, but they'd still be able to shoot pretty damn well. And it's not like SoW is a defensive presence so that wouldn't be affected at all.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

i'm petty sure we'll get by just fine.

eff creighton.

Comment

Our success isn't dependent on Creighton, but the MVC's might be. Why should Wichita State care if the Scott Trade Center gets sold out during Arch Madness, or if the Valley gets other teams to the NCAA? We don't, but obviously the MVC does. We can schedule to make up for Creighton's absence, but we can't bring 5,000 more fans to Saint Louis or make Evansville or Missouri State into NCAA quality teams.

Comment

Don't sweat it. Only worry about what you can control.
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

What I don't get is what does Creighton bring to the table next year(assuming DM goes pro)? Recent history they've had a strong RPI and were important to helping the strength of the MVC along w/ WSU. However, w/out GE, Gibbs and DM I don't see them competing for the championship and maybe being a middle of the pack team.

Chatman is a nice guard and will be better his Junior year.

Wragge lit us up from the 3 point line Sunday, but that's all he does. Of the 181 fga this year, only 11 were inside the 2 pt line. Basically, he's a very 1 dimensional player and w/out DM teams can game plan and start preparing for him.

Artino is tall, but doesn't present near the defensive presence as GE. In fact, who is going to protect the paint for Creighton next year?

Unless Chatman blows up and Wragge becomes DM reincarnated, I just don't see Creighton being that solid of a top 50 (or maybe even top 100) RPI team next year. I'm not saying they will have a losing record, but they definitively aren't going to be the media darlings as they were this year w/ McDermott in the line-up.

Even if McDermott is back, I still don't think they will be as good as some will think. The loss of GE will be huge. He's the only guy that knew how to play defense every night.

Not to mention, I saw the other day on either CBS.com or SI.com (sorry I don't have a link) talking about teams that missed out on recruiting opportunities. Creighton was one of the highlighted teams. It was basically saying that even w/ all the media attention they've been getting, they haven't been able to land a higher profile recruit than your usual "mid-major".

Maybe I'm doing to Creighton what people have done to us the last couple years when it came to all the starters we lost each year, but I just don't see Creighton being in the same shape as WSU. Ultimately, in the near future, I don't see Creighton being as big of a loss as some might expect and maybe adding a Belmont or some other school might turn out to be a better trade.

Now, for Creighton, being in a "higher" profile league, it could help recruiting in the long run. That's assuming they aren't getting waxed by the Marquettes, Georgetowns, etc... of the new league.

Comment

I'm calling my shot now: they will fire McDermott within the next four years and will be fighting for NIT berths most seasons with somebody like Dale Layer as their head coach. The CU people will pine for the good old days in St. Louis. Sundeckers, etc. They will be back in our conference someday.

Comment

With or without SoW, CU will be a little down next year with the loss of GE and Gibbs.

However, don't sleep on Johnson or Dingman being better with another year and Manigat is still there. Artino has come a long way the last month or so and I think will be a nice player. They won't be the same team, but they could still be Top 50 and definitely Top 100.

Not sure who they have coming in next year, but I'd bet there's some pretty solid recruits.

In the C7 group they'll be no worse than middle of the road. But they'll also be richer for being in the league. They aren't G'Town or Marquette, but I think they have as much potential as anyone else. Not saying they're guaranteed to be better than the rest, but they can be competitive. And who knows what happens to recruiting with the hype of the new conference.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Here's my projected timeline for Creighton, assuming Captain Hook stays.

2014 - A solid, upper-division finish in the Big Sheesh. Attendance stays consistent with the quality opponents coming to Omaha. Right side of bubble and gets an NCAA bid.
                            2015 - Mid-pack finish, still consistent attendance but probably starting to fall off by the end of the season. NIT.
                            2016 - Mid-to-lower finish, attendance down a couple thousand to 13-14k. NIT.
                            2017 - Established 6th-10th place team in the now 12-team conference. Attendance down to 11k-12k. CBI.
                            2018 - Drawing even attendance with WSU. McDermott on the hot seat. No post-season.
                            2019 - They done, he gone, crickets chirping in the half-full Library. Longing for their days in the MVC. WSU having gone to the NCAA's at least 6 of the last 8 seasons.

Comment

On the one hand, the panic button being pressed is illogical. Wichita State has the resources to follow the same path to success as Gonzaga (i.e. big fish, small pond) and in case you hadn't noticed, that path is doing ok for itself. Subtract Creighton from the MVC and this year the MVC and WCC have the same number of top 100 RPI teams and the WCC hasn't always had BYU during the years of Gonzaga's success.

On the other hand, having one less conference member capable of regularly making the NCAA tournament means less revenue coming into the league. It means potentially fewer television games, since WSU and CU were the top media draws for the Valley. WSU has enough internal resources to not be hit by that loss of revenue the way others would, but it isn't a good thing.

End of the day, WSU has to do two things: 1. Schedule up. Anyone. Anytime. Anywhere. 2. Dominate the conference. CU being gone just makes it easier to win the conference, and even with CU gone, the Valley has enough solid teams that we should never be in danger of missing out on an at-large if we take care of business in the regular season.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                              X