No announcement yet.

MVC Post Season Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Tekele isnt the best stopper in the league, I'm a f#@#$ng Creighton fan!!!

ARGARGargargARG!

Get pissed and punch these fools in da mouf this weekend Tekele!!!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

F the Valley. Let's just win the whole thing next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
        Personally, there isn't a guard in the MVC I would take for defense over Cotton. And on the same note, I don't think I would take Carmichael or Cyclops over Orukpe for defense, though both are more complete players. Heck, Hall is one of the best defensive bigs in the leagues.

To not have any of those players on the All-Defensive team is silly. At least put Cotton, who is the only 6'2", 200lb guard in the country that is regularly assigned to guard 6'8" guys of McDermott's caliber. Unfortunately, people must have looked solely at steals per game when they made that list instead of overall defensive ability. Oh well, we get Cotton for two more years to prove them wrong.
        I hope that the people that voted for Carmichael and Echenique over Orupke did so purely because of playing time. It's harder to have the same kind of impact when you don't even play 20 minutes a game. Seeing that they also forgot to include Cotton makes me think that they just don't know how to properly evaluate defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          If Tekele isnt the best stopper in the league, I'm a f#@#$ng Creighton fan!!!

ARGARGargargARG!

Get pissed and punch these fools in da mouf this weekend Tekele!!!
          No court room in the Milky Way could convict Kung Wu of being a Creighton fan and Cotton did indeed get hosed.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by garylee View Post
            First let me quickly apologize if I offended anyone, my intent is not to bash any player,coach, the team
            or fan. Explaining an intangible isn't easy. Cle IS a very talented offensive player and has been a
            great asset/addition to the team. Having said that, like a coach, I tend to grade out players by game
            and for the season. I would give Cle a B+ for shooting ability, a C for rebounding, a C for defense, an
            F for assists, and a D for BBIQ and that just doesn't add up to a complete player for me and I think
            explains why he doesn't start. Now, I really really hope that next season he blossoms into a more
            complete player because if he does he has what it takes to carry us to an even higher level.
            I think a lot of it has to do with bringing up Early's assist numbers in multiple threads. That's the only problem with his game on offense. He does everything else well. He's just as good as Hall from 2, shoots a decent percent from 3, gets to the line and shoots well from there too. Real coaches know that there is a difference in ability in offensive and defensive rebounding and that being next to a very good rebounder can make someone look worse. Cle' does just fine on the offensive glass and playing next to Ehimen makes his defensive rebounding numbers look worse than they really are. He doesn't start anymore but that's a little overrated. Early is one of the most complete players on the team. He's already shown he has what it takes to carry us. That's probably why his minutes haven't gone down even though he doesn't start anymore*.

*I'm aware that his minutes have actually gone down a little bit but that's purely because of foul trouble. He still gets around 30 minutes if he's not fouling.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
              No court room in the Milky Way could convict Kung Wu of being a Creighton fan and Cotton did indeed get hosed.
              That he did. A lot of admiration for that young man. Not many can guard a player a half a foot taller than he is and do it well. He will be a nemesis in the Valley for two more years.

Comment

If you combine the 3 defensive categories (rebounds, blocks, and steals), the 5 players picked for the all-defensive team all had higher combined totals than what Tekele had. So from a statistical point of view, it was about right. I say about right, because Dyricus Simms-Edwards, the defensive player of the year, had a lot less combined totals than what Jackie Carmichael had. ESPN didn't break out the offensive or defensive rebounds, so that would have given Carmichael an advantage.

If anyone wants to get the actual defensive rebound averages, that would give a better indication of how each did.

Comment

Congrats to our fine young Shocker award recipients and also to those who got a big middle finger to the face.

I think Marshall is COY but with how douchy and hell-bent this conference is, don't be surprised to see it go to Mark Phelps either.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Go to statsheet and compare Malcolm with Anthony James.

Other than points per game, field goal percentage, and defensive rebounds per game (and those are actually not that far off), it's essentially all Malcolm.

James --> (!) 12.63 points per game to Malcolm's 9.8 points per game
                    James --> 15.8 points per 40 to Malcolm's 14.2
                    James --> 42.4 field goal percentage to Malcolm's 40.7
                    James --> 13.4 defensive rebound percentage to Malcolm's 11.8

Malcolm --> (!) Free throw percentage 75.5 to James' 74.0
                    Malcolm --> (!) 3pt field goals percentage 36.8 to James' 33.3
                    Malcolm --> Effective field goal percentage 50 to James' 47
                    Malcolm --> True shooting percentage 52.3 to James' 50.3
                    Malcolm --> Offensive rebound percentage 2.6 to James' 0.7
                    Malcolm --> (!!) Assists per game 4 to James' 2.1
                    Malcolm --> (!!) Assist/Turnover Ratio 1.7 to James' 0.8
                    Malcolm --> Assist percentage 29.4 to James' 16
                    Malcolm --> (!) Steals per game 1.9 to James' 0.899
                    Malcolm --> Steal percentage 4.2 to James' 1.7
                    Malcolm --> Turnovers per game 2.36 to James' 2.52

Which guy do you want on your team? They are nearly equal on offense but Malcolm dominates on the defensive and ball handling stats.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

nvm kumbaya

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        Go to statsheet and compare Malcolm with Anthony James.

Other than points per game, field goal percentage, and defensive rebounds per game (and those are actually not that far off), it's essentially all Malcolm.

James --> (!) 12.63 points per game to Malcolm's 9.8 points per game
                        James --> 15.8 points per 40 to Malcolm's 14.2
                        James --> 42.4 field goal percentage to Malcolm's 40.7
                        James --> 13.4 defensive rebound percentage to Malcolm's 11.8

Malcolm --> (!) Free throw percentage 75.5 to James' 74.0
                        Malcolm --> (!) 3pt field goals percentage 36.8 to James' 33.3
                        Malcolm --> Effective field goal percentage 50 to James' 47
                        Malcolm --> True shooting percentage 52.3 to James' 50.3
                        Malcolm --> Offensive rebound percentage 2.6 to James' 0.7
                        Malcolm --> (!!) Assists per game 4 to James' 2.1
                        Malcolm --> (!!) Assist/Turnover Ratio 1.7 to James' 0.8
                        Malcolm --> Assist percentage 29.4 to James' 16
                        Malcolm --> (!) Steals per game 1.9 to James' 0.899
                        Malcolm --> Steal percentage 4.2 to James' 1.7
                        Malcolm --> Turnovers per game 2.36 to James' 2.52

Which guy do you want on your team? They are nearly equal on offense but Malcolm dominates on the defensive and ball handling stats.
                        Yes, more Anthony James hate. His Offensive Rating 91.7 is 6th lowest in the Valley for all players who played over 40% of their teams minutes. The five players below him are all Freshman. His PER (player efficiency rating) is the lowest out of UNI's starters. He shoots a lot of low percentage 2 point shots and doesn't get to the line. Every advanced stat hates him. Every non-advanced stat except points per game hates him. I think he's a spy sent to sabotage UNI. And they picked him 2nd team All-Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          Congrats to our fine young Shocker award recipients and also to those who got a big middle finger to the face.

I think Marshall is COY but with how douchy and hell-bent this conference is, don't be surprised to see it go to Mark Phelps either.
                          I wonder if the C7 / sCUm impending defection will have an negative affect on Wookie votes.

Comment

No Cotton...wow!

Excluding Cotton from the All-defensive team is a crime.

But how did they exclude FVV from the All Freshman team?

Marshall is a good find for MSU and the Euro import for UE has certainly filled a void for them, but hasn't anyone paid attention to what FVV has done over the course of the year?

Seriously?

And yes BOOB, I am moving towards a Hatch-like admiration for FVV.

That is all.
                            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Tweet from Paul Suellentrop:

WSU coach Gregg Marshall says lack of Shocker on All-Defensive Team gives a coach too much credit. Cotton is his pick as WSU's best defender
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

But how did they exclude FVV from the All Freshman team?
                                There was more room to shine for those making the all freshman team because of their teams not having as much talent. I believe coach Marshall recently said he's had only 1 freshman all conference player in all his years of coaching. That translates to, he has winning teams.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X