This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
    You people outside of the student section may pack the house.
    but its cause u spent good money on those seats.
    Not to cheer.
    You come to watch your stock portfolio unfold.
    Typically me and people in the student section

get upset about how people outside it only cheer when we dunk.
    Tonight,
    Not even dunking over a guy could get a stock broker out of his seat.

Sit down...
    Watch JERRY MCGUIRE.
    and show some heart.

THis team doesnt need you guys to stand when they dunk. AND FANS DIDNT EVEN DO THAT TONIGHT...

This team needs. fans to cheer when we are down and out.

But enjoy your stock portfolio.
    cause when fans act like they did tonight.
    Thats really all it is.

Utterly Dissapointed in the "shocker faithful"

and its pretty bad when even our coach has to wave for the fans to get up.
    I mean don't get me wrong I agree with you to a certain extent, but ranting about it isn't going to do a thing. The fact is, to alot of Wichita's older citizens, Shocker games are seen as more of a social event.

Comment

Originally posted by GarH
      My hat is off to all the loyal Shocker fans. 90 to 95% shows great fan support for a team that is struggling as bad as the Shockers are.
      Ditto

Comment

Makes you wonder how many of those people leaving are the same one who wrote the checks that built the building. I dunno, but it's a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by rockthechuck
          Not to cheer.

Tonight,

Sit down...
          Watch JERRY MCGUIRE.
          and show some heart.

THis team doesnt need you guys to stand when they dunk. AND FANS DIDNT EVEN DO THAT TONIGHT...

Thats really all it is.

I mean don't get me wrong I agree with you to a certain extent, but ranting about it isn't going to do a thing. The fact is, to alot of Wichita's older citizens, Shocker games are seen as more of a social event.
          I agree with that point. Many of them even put on "best dress" so they can "impress" everyone. It's kind of funny but whatever makes em happy I guess.

Comment

You folks critical of WSU fans really need to attend games in other venues. A lot of other games in other venues.

Also, take a gander at some attendance numbers in box scores.

Comment

The people that left early do brother me, but at least the showed up for the first 38 minutes of the game. It just irritates me that people buy tickets and dont show up.
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Not to cheer.

Tonight,

Sit down...
                Watch JERRY MCGUIRE.
                and show some heart.

Thats really all it is.

All this coming from the "perfect fan"
                Now, Now, we all know that Rip is the "perfect fan". After all, according to him, he has the personal endorsement of one of our players (ah, the caped crusader), and again according to him, he is always having a conversation with HCGM (who of course tells him all the inside scoop). Given how busy Rip is with all this, one can only wonder how he ever finds time to attend class (he must schedule his classes around practice so he has the time to give Coach the benefit of all his experience).

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                  The people that left early do brother me, but at least the showed up for the first 38 minutes of the game. It just irritates me that people buy tickets and dont show up.

Its mostly corporate seats that go empty. That really makes me mad because they are always really good seats that could go to someone who will actually use them.

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
                    Kansas sucks that time of year. IT'S COLD! A GA seat in that weather? No fun.
                    I guess you never shared a blanket with Shirley Schmidt and Coach Massie in Februrary when snot is freeezing. It's an experience....

Comment

Just remember these statements 20-30 years from now after you have worked 10-12 hours, picked up and fed the kids, dropped one off at practice. These fans are still alot more involved than many across the nation. I don't think it is fair to expect them to match the student section, which by the way had a ton of empty seats last night.
                      By the way, there were still a number of people on the tunnel end who gave the team a very nice ovation as they headed to the locker room after the game, very classy!!

Comment

Not to cheer.

Tonight,

Sit down...
                        Watch JERRY MCGUIRE.
                        and show some heart.

Thats really all it is.

Attention: RipEmUpShox and anyone else criticizing the “stock portfolio” supporters

I realize this season has been a mental drain on many of us. And for this reason, I’m willing to give you a “mulligan” for some of your comments in this thread and previous threads about the “stock portfolio” crowd. Without divulging too much information, I’ll just say that your comments are totally off-base and disrespectful to us… and this has finally “struck a nerve” with me. I am one of the “stock portfolio” supporters that you are criticizing. Unfortunately, the past couple of weeks my “stock portfolio” has performed much like the shockers and my attitude probably hasn’t been the best… believe me; it would have been very easy for me to stay home last night. My family has been a corporate supporter for over 20 years. We have given a considerable amount of time and money to WSU athletics… both during the good times and the bad. We sit in a sparkling “new” and refurbished arena because many of “us” invested in the WSU program when it was at its worst.

Concerning last night’s game; I was absolutely astonished by the turnout. How easy it would have been for many of us to sit at home and watch KU and K-State play on national television? I give kudos to the “stock portfolio” crowd and everyone else for braving the extreme cold weather last night and supporting our struggling team. Some of us may not have met your critical expectations last night, but at least we there supporting the team we love. There weren’t many empty seats to be found in our section… in fact, the piles of coats made it quite crowded.

We all need to appreciate what we have and give special thanks to the “stock portfolio” fans and for their continued support of WSU athletics. I would hate to think where this program would be without their support and liquid “stock portfolios”. It’s your purgative to “bitch and moan” about us if it makes you feel any better about yourself. Nearly 10,000 people showed up for last nights game… put me in the “impressed” category. I’m not sure you would find this scenario anywhere in college basketball considering the season we have had to this point. 90% of division 1 programs would love to have this kind of support… that’s what makes Wichita State a special place for college basketball.

Finally, I’m sure many of you were very young during the much discussed 90’s and have little recollection of how bad things actually were. Learn to appreciate what we have today and be careful about criticizing and casting stones. Study hard, graduate with a college degree, follow your lofty dreams and someday you’ll be employed with a local corporate supporter or maybe become one yourself.
                        :posterwsu:
                        SFL is back!

Comment

At a lot of other places, the crowd would be booing the coach and/or team by now. I think everyone realizes just how tough things are right now, and as long as they can keep the fight going and not give up, they'll get all the :clap: and :yahoo: I can give!
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234

Its mostly corporate seats that go empty. That really makes me mad because they are always really good seats that could go to someone who will actually use them.
                            As far as the empty seats, you are correct. As to people leaving early, for some reason if you have a kid (and not necessarily a small one), you feel you have to leave early. Have never quite understood the reasoning. There are some of the older people in the higher sections that try to at least get off the stairs before the hoards descend, usually because they are slower taking those stairs. I hate it when I see able-bodied people (kids or no kids) leave before the end of the game. It really looks tacky (particularly if it is televised). Oh well, human nature. You ain't gonna change it just by wishin it wasn't so.

Comment

Originally posted by SFL
                              Not to cheer.

Tonight,

Sit down...
                              Watch JERRY MCGUIRE.
                              and show some heart.

Thats really all it is.

Attention: RipEmUpShox and anyone else criticizing the “stock portfolio” supporters

I realize this season has been a mental drain on many of us. And for this reason, I’m willing to give you a “mulligan” for some of your comments in this thread and previous threads about the “stock portfolio” crowd. Without divulging too much information, I’ll just say that your comments are totally off-base and disrespectful to us… and this has finally “struck a nerve” with me. I am one of the “stock portfolio” supporters that you are criticizing. Unfortunately, the past couple of weeks my “stock portfolio” has performed much like the shockers and my attitude probably hasn’t been the best… believe me; it would have been very easy for me to stay home last night. My family has been a corporate supporter for over 20 years. We have given a considerable amount of time and money to WSU athletics… both during the good times and the bad. We sit in a sparkling “new” and refurbished arena because many of “us” invested in the WSU program when it was at its worst.

Concerning last night’s game; I was absolutely astonished by the turnout. How easy it would have been for many of us to sit at home and watch KU and K-State play on national television? I give kudos to the “stock portfolio” crowd and everyone else for braving the extreme cold weather last night and supporting our struggling team. Some of us may not have met your critical expectations last night, but at least we there supporting the team we love. There weren’t many empty seats to be found in our section… in fact, the piles of coats made it quite crowded.

We all need to appreciate what we have and give special thanks to the “stock portfolio” fans and for their continued support of WSU athletics. I would hate to think where this program would be without their support and liquid “stock portfolios”. It’s your purgative to “bitch and moan” about us if it makes you feel any better about yourself. Nearly 10,000 people showed up for last nights game… put me in the “impressed” category. I’m not sure you would find this scenario anywhere in college basketball considering the season we have had to this point. 90% of division 1 programs would love to have this kind of support… that’s what makes Wichita State a special place for college basketball.

Finally, I’m sure many of you were very young during the much discussed 90’s and have little recollection of how bad things actually were. Learn to appreciate what we have today and be careful about criticizing and casting stones. Study hard, graduate with a college degree, follow your lofty dreams and someday you’ll be employed with a local corporate supporter or maybe become one yourself.
                              :posterwsu:
                              Couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

FWIW - my seat was empty last night as was the seat next to me. Three people were unable to attend last night because of illness so....we got upgrades on our seating last night moving down 15 rows or so, but it still left 1 empty between us.

And we cheered and had a good time just as always. :goshocks:

I realize this season is going to be a struggle, and that the end result may not be what I want, but they play hard and it's the best game in town.

Comment

Working...
                                X