No announcement yet.

WSU @ UNI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lot's of valid points on here. Here are some of mine, the guy who never made 1 thin dime coaching but has oodles of free-lance opinions. tsk, tsk, tsk

1.Cle-- we need him to NOT get in foul trouble. If we have to mix in a twist of more zone play, then do it. He has been our top performer in Valley play so let's be creative in getting him touches and more touches and his foul trouble prevents just that.

2. Starters? 1.Armstead 2. D-Will or Cotton 3.Early 4. Hall, 5. EO. Where has our rebounding edge disappeared to? We only beat UNI by 1 bound? Really? Maybe this lineup will help.

3. Need Offense? Go with Armstead, D-Will, Wiggins, Early, and Hall. By the way, we have to start from the inside with Hall and Cle whether or foes want us to our not. Once that is established, maybe we can draw more fouls and then kick it out for some 3's. They shot 16 throws yesterday to our 5? Not good enough. As mentioned on here, we have to move the ball faster, reverse the ball more, and get that stinkin rock inside the seams to our bigs at better spots. That did happen with Hall yesterday better but Cle needs as many touches. Valley teams can't stop these 2 unless we allow them to outwork or out-execute us in this crucial area.

4. Teams are lulling us to sleep with Eddie Fogler deliberate offense until we break down and they get easy or wide open shots. Since our Offense is sputtering, we can't change this pattern because teams refuse to unless we get a nice lead.

5. MA--32 minutes, 3 assists,, 1 steal, 4 turnovers, 7 points. D-Will--33 minutes, 1 assist, 1 turnover, 1-steal, 5 points. Cotton 26 minutes, 6-rb, 2 turnovers, 0 points. Wiggins--16 minutes, 0 asssists and rb. 1 turnover and 8 points. FVV-14 minutes, 1 assist, 0 points. We are struggling lately in areas here where we were strong before. Yes, missing Baker and Wessel hurts like the dickens at times like this. However, the players we do have can and will produce better than these stats from now on and the funk is officially now debunked and over and done with. In the meanwhile, I hope we play Wiggins more and keep bringing FVV in more and more. Right?

6 and 7? I will spare you because I am a man of few words? Never. THE 6th point is to work diligently on our zone offense because everybody understands that zones work on us right now. The 7th point is shooting practice and more shooting practice. We need to take better shots and make more of them. We know now what is working and not working and what are roles are. Thus it becomes a matter of the right people taking the right shots and the right time. There, I feel betta now.
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; February 3, 2013, 04:15 PM.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• After the loss to Evansville, I said something like I overestimated the ceiling of this team. I backed off a little after looking at the where we really were in the season, but after a rebound win, an two really ugly losses, I realize I wasn't so off. The guards on this team were not starting at the beginning of the year for a reason. We now see why. Turnovers and very inconsistent offense. When they hit and take care of the ball, the Shocks are a force. When they don't...it's scary. Every game will be the Forrest Gump box of Chocolates. Go Shox.
      Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

• Originally posted by rialaigh View Post
        This is my thought. Jake has taken 24 three's on the season, that is less than 2 per game. He has only hit 2, but part of that is just sample size. I am sure he shoots better then 8% if he shoots a couple hundred three's. One of these games he will go 5-5 and triple his percentage then we will all be talking about how he shoots three's just as well as FVV or whoever. I am fine with anyone on the team taking two 3's any given game. I am not fine with jacking up 10 stupid shots, I would rather Jake shoot a three wide open then Dwill throw up off balance shot after off balance shot
        I opt for neither.

Comment

• Checked in on PantherNation..

No mention of at-large talk (yet), but a good amount of them think they have finally turned the corner and are going to rip off 7 of their last 8 games to finish 2nd in the Valley.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
            4) If Jake White shoots another 3 at crunch time, I will need a new 55" HD 1080P big screen.

His shot confidence is toast right now and until he gets it corrected between the ears, just rebound & set some screens.
            Well said, Ref, but be glad you aren't Dofo -- if you were, people would be melting down all over you for insulting poor delicate Jake (who, by the way, is probably quite capable of shaking off such observations, and considerably more so than some of our overheated thread police are).

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
              Hack is better than hypocritical obsessive troll. If everyone on this site was as bad as you, I would not have joined or stayed. Luckily, you are an exception to an otherwise great community.
              Look up the Ignore setting, CBB. You'll wonder what you did without it. I haven't had to read a post from Fever or Cold, and a few other selected trolls, for a year or two now, and my Shockernet experience is much improved as a result.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                Look up the Ignore setting, CBB. You'll wonder what you did without it. I haven't had to read a post from Fever or Cold, and a few other selected trolls, for a year or two now, and my Shockernet experience is much improved as a result.
                You read me and Cold all the time on here when you're not logged in. Like probably right now. You talk more about the ignore feature and namedrop me and Cold more often than you did when you weren't "ignoring" us. You're not very good at your shtick.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                  Had a game and missed this debacle live, thank Gawd.

After watching, several things stood out.

1) CH needs to recognize DT's quicker and kick the ball back out for a reversal.

In his defense, not one of his teammates cut down the lane to help.

Watch the tape and you will note that when he received the ball, all 4 teammates basically stand around and wait for him to 'make a move'.

That's bad basketball #101

2) The ball rotation around the perimeter sucks, period.

Too much dribbling and not enough pass & cut. It's not that complicated people.

That's bad basketball #102

3) Everybody loves Nick Wiggins cause he can shoot.

But until he learns to drive to the basket, he will continue to see 'in his face' defense.

It's basic basketball. Not a game of H-o-r-s-e.

4) If Jake White shoots another 3 at crunch time, I will need a new 55" HD 1080P big screen.

His shot confidence is toast right now and until he gets it corrected between the ears, just rebound & set some screens.

That is all - for now.
                  You mean massage the ball, in and out, side to side, like these tough little monkeys? That's when we knew how to attack a zone.

Dec 2nd, 2006 at the Carrier Dome on the campus of Syracuse University, the WSU Shockers beat the Orangemen 64 to 61, but not before ESPNU color commentator ...

Comment

• Well that was the crappiest road game I have ever been to. Got back last night after having stayed the night in Cedar Falls. The crowd was friendly to us for the most part. Got a few stares and what not but that was to be expected. What I did not expect was for us to lose. We just shot horribly and there was nothing that Marshall or anybody could've done about it other than develop better shooting. UNI did what they do best, play anti-basketball and ruin the game enough so that teams they're playing lose interest and get frustrated and lose.

Comment

• I really think the key to turning this funk around is fewer fouls and turnovers. This game and the Evansville game really emphasize that point.
                      Maybe mixing in more zone is the answer. It really helped when we got down by 10.
                      "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
                      which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
                        You guys might not believe in this team still but I do. I think you have a 50/50 chance of going into Creighton and winning but you need to start winning games again. Your going to make the NCAA touranment unless you have a complete collapse down the stretch and I don't see it. It is hard to win on the road! You have a great road record too. This team will be fine maybe you will be an 8 seed and Kansas a 1 seed in the same region. Let us hope!
                        I figured I would go back in time and give this thread a bump from back in Feb of 2013 when you guys were in a losing streak and many were giving up on this team at that time. Remember last year you beat my Ohio State team and man that was rough but I was happy for you guys I followed you all year and even though you didn't have a great regular season last year I knew I had seen something special in this team and you proved it making to the final 4 and nearly winning it all (should have beat Louisville had them on the ropes in the 2nd half)

Now I know I am a Kentucky fan and I may have got on your nerves a few times now in what I have said the past few weeks because we had to play you but just want to remind you I have always been on your side it goes even farther back to 2011 when I felt you should been in the NCAA's when you won the NIT tournament but I think this thread here proved I was with you all the way last year even when some of your own fans had doubts.

Can't wait for next year and as long as my teams are not playing you guys I am always rooting for you. I jumped on your band wagon long before anyone in the Nation knew what Wichita State was all about.
                        2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
                        2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
                        2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
                        2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
                        The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
                          I figured I would go back in time and give this thread a bump from back in Feb of 2013 when you guys were in a losing streak and many were giving up on this team at that time. Remember last year you beat my Ohio State team and man that was rough but I was happy for you guys I followed you all year and even though you didn't have a great regular season last year I knew I had seen something special in this team and you proved it making to the final 4 and nearly winning it all (should have beat Louisville had them on the ropes in the 2nd half)

Now I know I am a Kentucky fan and I may have got on your nerves a few times now in what I have said the past few weeks because we had to play you but just want to remind you I have always been on your side it goes even farther back to 2011 when I felt you should been in the NCAA's when you won the NIT tournament but I think this thread here proved I was with you all the way last year even when some of your own fans had doubts.

Can't wait for next year and as long as my teams are not playing you guys I am always rooting for you. I jumped on your band wagon long before anyone in the Nation knew what Wichita State was all about.
                          So, Henry, when are you going to add us to your avatar? :)
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Here. I took the liberty of adding wu for you
                            Attached Files
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• This thread also contains another one of SN's over-arching themes: Lack of TO calling by Coach Marshall. Page 2-5 basically all about that. Funny.
                              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Working...
                              X