No announcement yet.

WSU @ UNI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta be able to score. Cotton with another 0-fer just so frustrated. Gotta win out except at CU.

Comment

• We have lost total confidence in our shooting. I am not going to look up percentages, but...

When you are being double teamed on the low block, you need to be able to hit the outside shot. You do at least have to take some, no matter what.
      I know that's not what we all want to hear, but before Carl's return we were taking them, making a few, and winning.
      With Carl back, we are now forcing it inside, which is really what we all wanted; however, Carl is being double teamed every time; in fact, UNI double teamed our posts no matter whom had the ball on the low block. They dared us to even shoot the outside shot.
      The only shooter they really covered tightly was Wiggins. Cover Wiggnins, double team the post - nobody else can score.
      MA, DW, and TC continuously use ball screens and penetrate to kick the ball back out to an open player on the perimeter. That player does the same thing. We do this continuously for 30 secongs and still end up with an off-balance 3 point shot or feed the postman that is being double teamed.

We need our confidence back, we need to be able to shoot (make would be nice) the outside shot with confidence even if the fans don't think it will go in.
      Carl needs to shoot a few 8 footers instead of having to take it to the hole every time.

Evan won't be back this season, and Ron may or may not. We need a couple of "makers" to step up. Nick, Demetric, Malcom, Tekele, even Fred. Fred appears to have a decent shot when left open. We need 2 of these guys to be able to shoot the 3 and make around 35% maybe?

We need our offensive confidence back, and our defensive swagger. More layups of steals always helps with shooting confidence.

It's time to right the ship; we are struggling. Our blazing start was more than anyone expected, and now we are about where we were predicted to be. Now is the time to right the ship and improve from here on out. I'm sure the staff will find solutions to the problems and get them going.

Let's Go Shockers...the fun time of the season is just now approaching!

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
        Actually, we have at least 3 teams to face on the road left that are as good or even better than N. Iowa.
        We have four games left that will all be harder than this game. UNI is not good. Our bracketbuster matchup will be better, Illinois State will be better, and Creighton/Indiana State will be exponentially better. No maybe about it. We lose those games unless we improve. We still can, but we need to improve faster than teams figure us out.

Comment

• I was referring to Valley road games and your 3 teams in the Valley are for sure the ones I was referring to.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            your a funny guy.
            I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?
            2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
            2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
            2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
            2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
            The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• We actually shot better than UNI, believe it or not--40.4% to UNI's 40%. We held UNI to 34.8% on 3s. We made 100% of our freethrows!!

Wanna know how we lost? We only outrebounded them by 3--I don't know what our second chance points were but I bet it was much less than our season average--a trend in recent games. We had 13 turnovers to their 9. They had 12 fouls, we had 20. We had 2 blocks, they had 7. Let me say that again, they had SEVEN blocks. Looks like we got outhustled in this game. I never thought I'd say this about this year's team, but right now we're not playing tough.
              Last edited by Rocky Mountain Shock; February 2, 2013, 06:15 PM.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• This box score shows D. Green playing one minute. I didn't get to see all the game so would someone please tell me we didn't blow his redshirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
                  I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?
                  Idk, do you have a big red nose?

Like I said before "I find it amusing to hear somebody talk about beating CU at CU after we just watch ISUB and UNI beat WSU. Not only will WSU not win in Omaha, but they are not going to be in contention for a title. They are now fighting for their life to just finish 2nd."

Comment

• Another tough loss and @CBB_Fan: is out of his hole faster than Punxsutawney Phil. Good news is that Spring is coming early and we can put this week behind us. I agree that we have a few issues that need addressed, but we are too good not to rebound after this. Coach Marshall and his crew will step it up and the players will step it up too. I'm expecting big things from here on out.
                    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by benishock View Post
                      This box score shows D. Green playing one minute. I didn't get to see all the game so would someone please tell me we didn't blow his redshirt.
                      Green didn't play.
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I think we'll know Tuesday if we should be concerned. Right now I am not.

Comment

• You guys might not believe in this team still but I do. I think you have a 50/50 chance of going into Creighton and winning but you need to start winning games again. Your going to make the NCAA touranment unless you have a complete collapse down the stretch and I don't see it. It is hard to win on the road! You have a great road record too. This team will be fine maybe you will be an 8 seed and Kansas a 1 seed in the same region. Let us hope!
                          2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams)
                          2012 NFFC Online National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams)
                          2014 DFWC National Champion $9,250 (288 teams)
                          2015 RTS Fantasy Championship 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)

2015 NCAA Bracketology (351 pts more than all 136 at the bracket matrix)

Kentucky Wildcats National Champions 2012 1998 1996 1978 1958 1951 1949 1948
                          The Ohio State Buckeyes National Champions 2014 2002 1970 1968 1961 1957 1954 1942

Comment

• Here is a lineup that I would like to see play alot together. This does not even need to be a starting lineup. Cle, Hall, Cotton or D-Will, Wiggins, and Armstead. I concur with the crowd that still believes we will finish strong from here. The funk happens to the best of teams and better now than later when it counts the most.. Consider our funk to now be officially over. This team will find a way to regroup and finish strong.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                              Another tough loss and @CBB_Fan is out of his hole faster than Punxsutawney Phil. Good news is that Spring is coming early and we can put this week behind us. I agree that we have a few issues that need addressed, but we are too good not to rebound after this. Coach Marshall and his crew will step it up and the players will step it up too. I'm expecting big things from here on out.
                              I'll make sure to request permission to post after a loss from you and ShockerFever. Gotta get it in triplicate I guess. Guess what, I'm not the only person upset after a loss. I'll make sure to post my other non-angry posts like:
                              THIS. Because they get ignored.

Seriously, I have nothing to prove to you. I make happy posts too (I predicted a 20 point win for this game); I make angry posts when we lose and play badly. My angry posts get a lot more attention.

Comment

• It was a joke @CBB_Fan:. Lighten up a bit buddy.
                                Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Working...
                                X