WSU @ UNI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
    Hack is better than hypocritical obsessive troll. If everyone on this site was as bad as you, I would not have joined or stayed. Luckily, you are an exception to an otherwise great community.
    he's a toadie. strangely, the moderators haven't seemed to notice that yet. just put him on ignore.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Hypocritical? About what? Care to explain?
      If you want, I'll post about a large number quotes to prove my point. Instead, just understand that you absolutely freak out when I post negative things about the team, even when a large portion of those negative points are mirrored in your own posts.

Example:

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      The guard play is killing us.
      Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
      This is on Armstead, Williams, Cotton, and Van Vleet. Every team is gameplanning around those players, because they do NOTHING for us on the offensive end.
      And you seriously should consider seeing someone for whatever is bothering you. You seem dedicated to trying to antagonize me, going so far as to make me that focus of your signature (ignoring the fact that a fair number of people have gone beyond what I said). You attack me for going crazy after a Shocker loss, but I am not the one that feels a constant need to attack other posters for stating simple beliefs.

Comment

• I really believe we are a better team with EO in the game - defense and rebounding. His minutes have been dwindling.

Comment

• Originally posted by vancedave56 View Post
          I really believe we are a better team with EO in the game - defense and rebounding. His minutes have been dwindling.
          he only got 7 yesterday. But he can't score. But I agree anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
            I like the idea on offense but on defense my question (real not rhetorical) is who is going to guard the opponent's best two three-point shooters?
            A standard Hold Em poker reply is "It depends."
            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• I have tried to post a lot less this year. I also have tried to wait a day after a loss before posting.
              Here are some of my thoughts. first the positive, WSU was picked to finish #4 in the MVC preseason.
              They are in second place.

Now my concerns. Yesterday 4 players played and did not score. Sonnen for UNI was 3-8 for 3 point range, two were wide open looks.
              That should NEVER happen. Jake White, if the coach won't tell you, let me. STOP SHOOTING 3'S.

Malcolm helped win the VCU game with the last shot. He helped lose the game yesterday by dribbling the last play off his foot.

I would like to see the starting 5 of Orupke, Hall, Early, Williams, and Armstead.
              We need to see more Lufile I think. Lufile outscored 4 players yesterday.
              Lufile backs Orupke, White-Hall, Wiggins-Early, Cotton-Williams, and Van Vleet-Armstead.

Those are some of my thouights. The guys might also need to play more full court defense to try and push the tempo.
              They play better when they play faster, I believe.

Comment

• Yes, kind of strange. We need offense; he can't score, but I still think we are better when he is in. We all want to pound it inside, but Carl is being double teamed. Carl is also getting less rebounds - with EO out of the game. Our rebounding margins have also been dwindling. Carl is the focus of other team's defense and also their focus on blocking out. Can we play EO and Carl at the same time like we did at the start of the season? Of course, at that time we had Evan and Ron available also.

If we play EO and CH together, we definitely need a couple of outside threats in the game. Do we have any? Nick, Cleanthony, ...after that I struggle. Malcom at times, Fred might have the potential given an open set shot, DW only when he's hot, Tekele...we can only hope. The guards all seem to have lost confidence in their shots - for a reason I guess.

If we played EO, CH, CE, NW together, we definitely need a guard that can handle the ball. I suppose that would be Malcom. Oh well, enough daydreaming; I have no answers; thank heavens it's not my job. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
                  I have tried to post a lot less this year. I also have tried to wait a day after a loss before posting.
                  Here are some of my thoughts. first the positive, WSU was picked to finish #4 in the MVC preseason.
                  They are in second place.

Now my concerns. Yesterday 4 players played and did not score. Sonnen for UNI was 3-8 for 3 point range, two were wide open looks.
                  That should NEVER happen. Jake White, if the coach won't tell you, let me. STOP SHOOTING 3'S.

Malcolm helped win the VCU game with the last shot. He helped lose the game yesterday by dribbling the last play off his foot.

I would like to see the starting 5 of Orupke, Hall, Early, Williams, and Armstead.
                  We need to see more Lufile I think. Lufile outscored 4 players yesterday.
                  Lufile backs Orupke, White-Hall, Wiggins-Early, Cotton-Williams, and Van Vleet-Armstead.

Those are some of my thouights. The guys might also need to play more full court defense to try and push the tempo.
                  They play better when they play faster, I believe.
                  I could go for this too - if Demetric actually becomes a threat from the outside. Right now we keep penetrating (or ball screening) and kicking out to nobody that can take or make a shot....until we run out of time on the shot clock. Yes, more pressing, trapping, and up tempo would help. We need all the "easy" buckets we can get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                    I love Tekele but at this point he is a huge liability on the offensive end. If we aren't generating offense through our set plays I would like to see Wiggins and Early create off the dribble more. Armstead is too experienced to leave out of the starting lineup but he needs to not try and do so much. Count me in as someone who would like to see this lineup.
                    With EO and Cotton in the line up at the same time it is like going 3 on 5--good defenders but offensive liabilities.

Comment

• I have less issues with Jake taking one wide open three than I do DWill and Armstead jacking up stupid shots game after game. DWill backed off of that yesterday, even though the one he made I wouldn't call a good shot.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• The thing I didn't like about DWill shooting 3's in the two games prior this one was that in each of those games he shot a 3 and missed, we got the rebound and passed the ball back out to him, and he immediately shot a 3 again and missed. I didn't mind him shooting the first 3, but when the ball was passed back out to him, I think he should have passed it around instead of shooting the 3 again.

Now if it was Wiggins that did this, I wouldn't have minded it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          I have less issues with Jake taking one wide open three than I do DWill and Armstead jacking up stupid shots game after game. DWill backed off of that yesterday, even though the one he made I wouldn't call a good shot.
                          This is my thought. Jake has taken 24 three's on the season, that is less than 2 per game. He has only hit 2, but part of that is just sample size. I am sure he shoots better then 8% if he shoots a couple hundred three's. One of these games he will go 5-5 and triple his percentage then we will all be talking about how he shoots three's just as well as FVV or whoever. I am fine with anyone on the team taking two 3's any given game. I am not fine with jacking up 10 stupid shots, I would rather Jake shoot a three wide open then Dwill throw up off balance shot after off balance shot

Comment

• Wow, just wow...

Had a game and missed this debacle live, thank Gawd.

After watching, several things stood out.

1) CH needs to recognize DT's quicker and kick the ball back out for a reversal.

In his defense, not one of his teammates cut down the lane to help.

Watch the tape and you will note that when he received the ball, all 4 teammates basically stand around and wait for him to 'make a move'.

That's bad basketball #101

2) The ball rotation around the perimeter sucks, period.

Too much dribbling and not enough pass & cut. It's not that complicated people.

That's bad basketball #102

3) Everybody loves Nick Wiggins cause he can shoot.

But until he learns to drive to the basket, he will continue to see 'in his face' defense.

It's basic basketball. Not a game of H-o-r-s-e.

4) If Jake White shoots another 3 at crunch time, I will need a new 55" HD 1080P big screen.

His shot confidence is toast right now and until he gets it corrected between the ears, just rebound & set some screens.

That is all - for now.
                            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by rialaigh View Post
                              This is my thought. Jake has taken 24 three's on the season, that is less than 2 per game. He has only hit 2, but part of that is just sample size. I am sure he shoots better then 8% if he shoots a couple hundred three's. One of these games he will go 5-5 and triple his percentage then we will all be talking about how he shoots three's just as well as FVV or whoever. I am fine with anyone on the team taking two 3's any given game. I am not fine with jacking up 10 stupid shots, I would rather Jake shoot a three wide open then Dwill throw up off balance shot after off balance shot
                              I generally agree that 24 shots isn't enough sample size to decide whether or not someone is a good three point shooter. However, the rotation on the ball was sideways and it missed badly. If you take in last year's attempts then he is 5 of 37 from 3. I'd rather have him play to his strengths. He's a pretty good rebounder and he's good at finding open spaces around the basket to get easy layups. If he's hunting for a 3 point shot then he's not in position to do what he does best.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
                                Had a game and missed this debacle live, thank Gawd.

After watching, several things stood out.

1) CH needs to recognize DT's quicker and kick the ball back out for a reversal.

In his defense, not one of his teammates cut down the lane to help.

Watch the tape and you will note that when he received the ball, all 4 teammates basically stand around and wait for him to 'make a move'.

That's bad basketball #101

2) The ball rotation around the perimeter sucks, period.

Too much dribbling and not enough pass & cut. It's not that complicated people.

That's bad basketball #102

3) Everybody loves Nick Wiggins cause he can shoot.

But until he learns to drive to the basket, he will continue to see 'in his face' defense.

It's basic basketball. Not a game of H-o-r-s-e.

4) If Jake White shoots another 3 at crunch time, I will need a new 55" HD 1080P big screen.

His shot confidence is toast right now and until he gets it corrected between the ears, just rebound & set some screens.

That is all - for now.
                                Agree with points 1, 2 and 4. Except my TV isn't quite that big. Even if Wiggins sees in his face defense it still helps the team out on offense to have him out there. His man guarding him out to the three point line opens up driving lanes for Williams and helps Hall and Early in the post. The team has played better on offense with him out there the last couple of games. The ideal situation is for Tekele to find his shot so Wiggins has to earn a starting spot by hustling and playing hard on defense. Until that happens I'm in favor of getting Wiggins more minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X