WSU @ UNI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
    It was a joke @CBB_Fan. Lighten up a bit buddy.
    Alright, I will. This is a sore point because ShockerFever has dedicated himself to this very subject. It gets old.

Comment

• New starting five should be....

Orpuke
      Hall
      Wiggins
      Early
      Armstead

If you guys recall Florida was dominate during there national championship runs going big. Couldn't zone them because Corey Brewer shot over people. With Wiggins shooting 50% from three we need him on the court. Early and Wiggins on the wing and Orupke and Hall down low this team would be unstoppable. We would give up a little on the defense end but would be far better off on the offensive end.

Comment

• Originally posted by mulligan View Post
        New starting five should be....

Orpuke
        Hall
        Wiggins
        Early
        Armstead

If you guys recall Florida was dominate during there national championship runs going big. Couldn't zone them because Corey Brewer shot over people. With Wiggins shooting 50% from three we need him on the court. Early and Wiggins on the wing and Orupke and Hall down low this team would be unstoppable. We would give up a little on the defense end but would be far better off on the offensive end.
        I buy that along with a couple of more plays to free up Wiggins.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Orpuke
          Hall
          Wiggins
          Early
          Armstead
          I love Tekele but at this point he is a huge liability on the offensive end. If we aren't generating offense through our set plays I would like to see Wiggins and Early create off the dribble more. Armstead is too experienced to leave out of the starting lineup but he needs to not try and do so much. Count me in as someone who would like to see this lineup.
          Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• At the beginning of the season I thought this would be our starting five by around this time.
            In the fast lane

Comment

• "www.whatthecrikeyf**kjusthappened/Iampissed.html/wegotcourtrushed.edu"

"Keep Away" is a fine aerobic school yard game, however, it should not be the basis of a Div 1 offense. When the ball comes to you with the open look .... shoot the ball, don't say "oh, I don't think I'm ready to shoot just yet, I'll wait til the ball comes back to me the next time". You have to have confidence and make them pay for slacking off on you. What ever happened to "Give me the damn ball, I'll shoot it!!"

Originally posted by HenryMuto View Post
              I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?
              Judge: "Did you say 'yoots'?", Vinny: "Yeah, two yoots.", Judge: "What is a 'yoot'?", Vinny: "Oh, excure me, your honor. Two youuuuthssss."
              Joe Pesci quotes go with just about anything. Even a bad loss
              Last edited by I_Vector_Wu; February 3, 2013, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Orpuke
                Hall
                Wiggins
                Early
                Armstead

I like the idea on offense but on defense my question (real not rhetorical) is who is going to guard the opponent's best two three-point shooters?
                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• How about only 8 assists.... When we don't pass and share the ball well, we don't play well. Selfishness is not a good look for this team.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• 19-0 run for Missouri State
                    17-3 for Indiana State
                    10-0 run.

All when we had the lead and an opportunity to stretch it out. That perplexes me. That also concerns me. Very much unlike previous Gregg Marshall teams.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                      Another tough loss and @CBB_Fan is out of his hole faster than Punxsutawney Phil. Good news is that Spring is coming early and we can put this week behind us. I agree that we have a few issues that need addressed, but we are too good not to rebound after this. Coach Marshall and his crew will step it up and the players will step it up too. I'm expecting big things from here on out.
                      The guy is a complete hack. I'd rather have trueshock back.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        The guy is a complete hack. I'd rather have trueshock back.
                        Hack is better than hypocritical obsessive troll. If everyone on this site was as bad as you, I would not have joined or stayed. Luckily, you are an exception to an otherwise great community.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                          Hack is better than hypocritical obsessive troll. If everyone on this site was as bad as you, I would not have joined or stayed. Luckily, you are an exception to an otherwise great community.
                          Hypocritical? About what? Care to explain?

You're too predictable. You're a one-trick pony. You need to re-evaluate your level of thinking for a college basketball team because you aren't even on this planet with the explanations and assertions you make. Thankfully, you aren't the head coach, or anything resembling the like.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Well, I've had some time to think about this one. Wasn't able to watch most of it, which turns out to be fortunate.

The guard play is killing us. Our guards shouldn't be taking twice as many shots when they only make one-quarter of them. Our strength is either Wiggins on the perimeter or our inside guys. I realize teams pack it in now, but there are ways to continue to attack the zone without guys throwing up crazy junk at the last second of the shot clock.

I thought Coach gave Jake White the redlight on 3's. I guess not? Once again, wasted possessions.

MA should be benched for a while until he figures out his role on this team. He likes to think he's the quick, good guy. He's quick alright, but what difference does it make when you play out of control? Just so typical that we don't even get a chance to tie do to an unbelievably moronic turnover.

The defense has been softer than it normally has been. Teams are getting very clean looks to the hoop without a hand in their face. That is a bit concerning.

NIU just played their Super Bowl. It's amazing how many teams "white out" or "maroon out" for us. We are the constant target in this league. We just increased NIU's revenue by tenfold with their Super Bowl. It's amazing how much money we bring in for other Valley schools. The big question will be if NIU is back on the at-large bubble after tonight...

19-4, 2nd in the Valley into February. I'll take it at this point. Now, things need to get figured out fast. No turd dropping to SIU. We must lay the hammer in that one. I would think we'd want to after the near disaster we had here a few weeks ago to them. I've accepted the fact that we've hit a mid-season lull. I'm much happier it's happening February 2nd, instead of March 2nd, like last year. Unlike some fans' beliefs, a college basketball team is not gonna go 28-2 in a season. Not with today's parity. We need to win all of our games we're favored in and steal maybe an unexpected one on the road (at Indiana State or Creighton) and we'll be fine. This stuff happens all the time. It hasn't happened to Wichita State in a while (2 Valley L's in a row) so maybe that's why a lot of people are acting extra stupid tonight. They haven't it in a while. What an animal you have created, Mr. Marshall. You now aren't expected to lose 2 games in a row or you're NIT caliber. LOL.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Missed most of the game with family activities, thank goodness. I would not have enjoyed the second half, judging from the ESPN play by play.

From what little I saw in the first half, I thought the ESPN announcers were very complimentary, obviously regarding WSU as the featured team. It offered a perspective on some of the complaints we've seen on here in the past about WSU getting short shrift in TV games -- today, at least while I was watching, the Shocks were not especially impressive, but the announcers still spent more time talking about them than UNI. Apparently when you're the ranked team, you get the announcers' attention, so maybe we can expect more positive treatment as long as the Shocks maintain their current level of performance year after year.

Unfortunately, the Shocks probably put an end for a while to that "ranked team" stuff today. How many more long scoring droughts does this team have in them? That's one every half for four halves in a row now, plus the big drought spanning halftime at MoSt. Apparently the Bradley game wasn't the recovery I was hoping it might be. I remember being fascinated when Marshall first came to town by his practice of scripting plays to start the game; maybe it's time for him to call a play every time the Shocks are in the half court for a while, at least until they recapture their offensive mojo, such as it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                                I like the idea on offense but on defense my question (real not rhetorical) is who is going to guard the opponent's best two three-point shooters?
                                Press, then fall back into a zone.
                                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                                -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                                X