WSU versus UNI Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    I've heard the term Ole used numerous times in describing Doug McDermott's defensive skills.
    He has endorsed Oil of Olay! Is that an NCAA infraction?
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      He has endorsed Oil of Olay! Is that an NCAA infraction?
      He has to cover up his face turning red somehow when his dad is chewing his ass in front of the whole country on ESPN.

Comment

Jake Koch makes the potential game winning shot with .5 seconds left. However the basket is called off by the refs after Jake White blatantly, and ironically, flops and gets a charge called on Jake Koch. Jake Koch proceeds to leave the floor distraught and proceeds to cry in his mommies lap.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Yeah, a win is a win and all that. But I'm not going to be comfortable until we get back on track with both our offense and defense. We need to show we have the capability of consistently beating a zone, getting open and making 2 pointers, and making a respectable percentage of our FTs. Otherwise, we likely will once again be one-and-done provided we make the NCAA tournament, which we should unless the Indiana State performance repeats itself.

Shocks win by 10.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
            Yeah, a win is a win and all that. But I'm not going to be comfortable until we get back on track with both our offense and defense. We need to show we have the capability of consistently beating a zone, getting open and making 2 pointers, and making a respectable percentage of our FTs. Otherwise, we likely will once again be one-and-done provided we make the NCAA tournament, which we should unless the Indiana State performance repeats itself.
            Sometimes, I think HCGM is not very good at adjusting when an opposing team throws a curveball mid-game. A better statement would be that we usually do not adjust very well until halftime. I think a lot of that stems from HCGM's strong distaste for using timeouts- it is often up to the players to make the adjustments, and sometimes they just don't figure it out until they are shown what to do by the coach. HCGM always makes the necessary changes at the break and we come out with a better strategy in the second half (even against Indiana State, our attack was much better for the first 13 minutes of the second half...we just couldn't throw it in the ocean. See also, VCU last March).

What our coach excels at, as much or moreso than any coach in college basketball, is getting his team ready for the next game after a particular strategy takes us down. No gimmick has worked in consecutive games over the last three seasons or so (I am not counting the consecutive losses to Alabama and Temple because those teams beat us utilizing totally different schemes). HCGM is one of the best in the country at analyzing a problem after a game, strategizing ways to overcome it, and implementing the plan of attack in practice.

I am 100% confident we'll be ready for any zones we see tomorrow. This is where our guy earns his seven figure salary.

Comment

Fun fact: WSU has not lost consecutive MVC games since January 2009 (immediately before the first Creighton Blackout game). I don't think that changes tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
                Fun fact: WSU has not lost consecutive MVC games since January 2009 (immediately before the first Creighton Blackout game). I don't think that changes tomorrow.
                Hope your right
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I honestly would be alot more worried about this game had we won Tuesday night, but the guys are gonna be pissed and focused. I think we win by 7-10 points.
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I am hoping for a line up shake up. Nothing against Tekele but it's time to go big. Tekele can still get his minutes off the bench. Throw a curve at UNI, re-engage Mr. Hall and start the game with a little more O.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Frost Bite U - 68

Wichita State Shockers - 75

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                        I am hoping for a line up shake up. Nothing against Tekele but it's time to go big. Tekele can still get his minutes off the bench. Throw a curve at UNI, re-engage Mr. Hall and start the game with a little more O.
                        I was thinking more along the lines of less D Will until he learns that the court exists inside the 3 point line. Or at least that there are guys who are in that area that are wide open.

Comment

Plays basketball like Italy plays soccer--59
                          Plays basketball like Germany plays soccer--67
                          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Dude, better look that up. You can find it at www.olemiss.edu. You ever here the term "slang". Pretty popular in the south.
                            No, I guess not, is "slang" over "here" or over "there"? Now, someone might "hear" of slang, but then again, that is a horse of another color.
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I have purged Tuesday evenings events from my mind. Time to move forward. Positives and Negatives: UNI has lost their last 2 games (on the road). They are 9-2 at home. We hammered them a month ago at the Roundhouse. We are only a 2 point favorite. They have lost some close contests this year. Hmmmm. There is "wanting to win" and then there is "being able to win", I believe UNI is close to folding their tent for the season. IF we can keep their 3 ball shooters off balance I think we can win pulling away. I like how we match up with the Panthers.

Shox 72
                              Kurt Warner 61
                              Last edited by I_Vector_Wu; February 2, 2013, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Last year the team hit their stride after Jacobson had the brilliant idea of leaving Kyles and Smith completely wide open and letting them find their shot. I'm hoping for something equally as excellent to get this team going.

Comment

Working...
                                X