WSU versus UNI Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU versus UNI Predictions and Pregame Discussions

“Here’s the deal.” We laid an enormous pile of poo last night. Please continue @forevershockerfan:, we need your wisdom, insight and poetry.

My game prediction… I don’t care, just win!

Fyi…

"WHITE OUT WICHITA: All fans are encouraged to wear white to the game in an effort to "White Out Wichita." Let's pack the McLeod Center for this ESPN2 nationally broadcast game. Please note the time change, tip - off is now scheduled for 3 p.m. in the McLeod Center. The first 1,000 UNI students with a valid UNI ID will receive a FREE white out t-shirt."
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Predictions:

UNI plays zone
    We play pissed
    Starting line-up change for us
    Either Wiggins or Early goes off

Final Score:

Us: 76
    Them: 56

Comment

In the beat down we endured last night, virtually no one played well, especially Hall. He has to be pissed. There can't be anybody on the team who isn't pissed. While we patiently wait for sweet revenge on the 19th, we need someone to pummel--oh look, there's UNI...

Fresh Panther Meat -- 52

Shox -- 75
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Well, while I don't feel THAT confident of a 20 point win, I do think ESU wins by 10...let's say 67-57.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
          Predictions:

UNI plays zone
          We play pissed
          Starting line-up change for us
          Either Wiggins or Early goes off

Final Score:

Us: 76
          Them: 56
          What do you think the starting line up will be?
          In the fast lane

Comment

We win a close one 67-63.
            In the fast lane

Comment

No prediction from me as usual. Primarily because I personally consider my predictions to be close to the bottom end of little to no value.

However, just think about how unhappy, upset, irritated, pissed-off, etc. etc. that you are about the way we played vs Indiana State (and Indiana State deserves a lot of credit for playing well).

Now consider if you had put the same amount of blood, sweat and tears into building the 19-2 record the Shocks took into the Indiana State game as the Shocker players and coaches have. Multiply your feelings as a fan by about 10 and you probably have a sense of how the team is feeling today.

I don't know what the outcome of the UNI game will be but I will be very surprised if we don't see a very focused and determined Shocker team on the floor Saturday in Cedar Falls. If I'm concerned about anything is that the guys may be too wound up come Saturday.

Good Luck, Guys and Go Shocks! :wsu_posters:

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                What do you think the starting line up will be?
                Somehow either Wiggins or Hall will end up on the starting line-up. One of Williams, Cotton, or Orukpe will have to off the bench.

Comment

Here's the deal. WstateU, now that was a great prediction on yourn part. I like it, I like it alot. Yipes, Stripes, Beechnut Gum baybay. Speaking of gums, mine were chattering with rapid fire succession last nite like a blind squirrel that found a tasty acorn. I was so irratated at times, I could eat fried chicken. I kept looking for that knock-out flurry we have enjoyed this Season several times but there was no eggs for our beer to be found. Even so, 19-3 and missing 3 starters at times still makes the Shocks above and beyond the expected curve. No, we are not in 4th place. Now that is now yesterdays news. This sport is a "what have you done lately" scenerio for our beloved Shocks who want to win the Valley and Dance in March.

N. Iowa is like a whimsical wounded panther trapped in a corner. Why? They keep losing several close games by a whisker and want some social redeeming justice to save face. However, we need to compound their losing mode because they got very lucky here at 21st and Hillside with the lucky shot at the buzzer many moons ago and I reckon there is more reckoning and pain for us to administer in their behalf. Thus, we shant tarry, pout, or dawdle but rather JUST WIN!!!!!!! That will be a grand dish of groovy gravy for us all to partake of versus the super-sized ladle of crow we partook of last night, fsf included. It left a bad taste in our mouth and our Shocks are more disappointed than even we are.

Resilient Shocks---70

Perilous Panthers--63
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Somehow either Wiggins or Hall will end up on the starting line-up. One of Williams, Cotton, or Orukpe will have to off the bench.
                    I was thinking the same. With Tekele, DWill, and Mal under .300 from beyond the arc combined, plus EO being a limited threat, that leaves Early to carry the load and IN St knew it. I think Carl (for sure), Cle, Nick (possibly), Tekele, and Mal may start. I like the idea of bringing DWill off the bench better than Nick. Unless someone is hot, quicker rotations off the bench. Work your tail off out on the floor, catch your breath, get ready to come back in.

Edit: Wouldn't hesitate to bring FVV in quickly if Mal's "wearing the wrong hat".

Comment

I wanna see the Shocks go balls deep on these cock sockets.

T

...:cool:

Comment

I don't think there will be a lineup change, but if there was, it would be Hall for Orukpe.

Comment

66 to 65 Shocks!
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

How long has it been since the Shocks lost back-to-back Valley games?

Need to right the ship against the Pasties. Assuming we get a decent whistle, there's no reason to believe we won't come out PISSED at the world and lay a hurting on the Floppers. Win this game and the Indiana State game pretty much gets forgotten. Lose this one, and all hell may break loose..
                            Last edited by ShockerFever; January 30, 2013, 11:38 PM.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Our boys better play as pissed as I am.

Shockers - 67
                              Floppers - 61

Comment

Working...
                              X