No announcement yet.

WSU versus UNI Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has danger written all over it. They drive and flop, and if they zone it could be a deadly combination. Last year WSU won big at home and barely squeaked out a win at UNI. UNI is bad on the road, terrible on neutral court but is good at home. Sagrin says it is basically 50-50 game.

Comment

I would be shocked if Wiggins started. Hall is a possibility.

Shox 71

Cats 64
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

This all depends on which team shows up. Same team as Tuesday and WSU loses by 10 or more.

The team that we all know they are capable of being shows up, WSU wins by 5.

I have a bad feeling about this game.

Comment

UNI is going to get smizashed this game. Making our trip to Cedar Falls and I can't wait to laugh in everyone's faces as we win by 30.

Shockers 79
          Purple and pee yellow 49

Comment

Feed the Beast, minimize the threes to great looks. and as Al Davis always said Just Win Baby!
            "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

Shocks by 7 but with end of game fouls we win by 12.

Go Shocks!!!!
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

If we play with our usual energy and urgency, we win. If we actually have the flu going thru the locker room as some have speculated, we lose.

Comment

Every year we have a five or six game stretch in Jan/Feb where we hit the doldrums and play like crap. The key is being able to battle through and win those close games when we're not at our best. I am hopeful we can bounce back since we match up very, very well with UNI.

WSU 66
                  UNI 62

Comment

Just saw on the Panther board that they have $5 tickets for 3 of their remaining home games. Wow, and you wonder why that athletic program doesn't have any money.. Not to mention how desperate they must be to get people to watch their basketball.

High school basketball games are more expensive to attend than UNI basketball games. That's telling.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      Just saw on the Panther board that they have $5 tickets for 3 of their remaining home games. Wow, and you wonder why that athletic program doesn't have any money.. Not to mention how desperate they must be to get people to watch their basketball.

High school basketball games are more expensive to attend than UNI basketball games. That's telling.
                      I saw too that Indiana State has $5 tickets for the game vs. Creighton. Teams pulling out all the stops to beat the top teams.

Comment

I can live with the 3's (maybe not 28 of 'em) if they come in the flow of the offense and preferable on an inside out after penetrating the perimeter either with a pass or on the dribble or perhaps on a pick and pop with Cle.

I am not wild about the way we slo-mo the ball up-court and stand around before we decide to start the offense. I would like to see us get into our set and motion as soon as possible and make the other team work as hard as we can every possession. If you get a great look with 25 seconds left on the shot clock, then great take it. If not, keep moving, grinding and challenging the defense.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                          Somehow either Wiggins or Hall will end up on the starting line-up.
                          Wiggins is not going to be a starter. Marshall was so pissed that he was not willing to get any floor burns to grab that loose ball against ISUB. Marshall doesn't reward selfishness.

And the way Carl Hall has played - he is not exactly tearing it up. Don't know whether he's having problem with his thumb or not but he didn't make a very good case the last few games.

Comment

i'm thinking that wichita state has their first back to back losses in valley play in three years or so.

uni by 4-7

'hope i'm wrong, but the shockers looked very starched vs insu.. i could tell after one shot from hall that he was going to be a non-factor vs insu etc.

Comment

Comparative Stats from StatSheet.com - Northern Iowa

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Shockers will win this game by four. Shocker nation will be happy once again.

Comment

Working...
                                X