#15 Wichita State vs. Indiana State GAME THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
    If indeed the team has a bug hope it's not the one going around down here. This takes a long time to completely recover.
    I've had it for 3 1/2 weeks. Prolly end up going back to the doc.

Comment

• Indy St played great. They needed and wanted to win more than we did. Still many games left. We need to rebound onSaturday against UNI, who will be up for the game after their pounding we gave them in Wichita. Shox better get used to it. We played our easy games already.

Welcome to the spotlight. Lets get it on!
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        We had some bad and negative energy out there tonight and also, I'll be a little surprised if it doesn't come out that some of the kids were sick. We looked really, really tired and gassed all night, especially Carl.
        If I was guessing - maybe to much partying. They looked hungover and a step slow in everything they did. Also there were some guys totally not engaged out there i.e. passes hitting guys in the face because they were in another world.

Comment

• Armstead was lightsout against Creighton! He had an awful game last night. We need him night in and night out. Not just the big games.

Comment

• This team seems to be wishy washy. Or Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde like. We never know what team is going to show up now. This is concerning.

Comment

• We played bad, point blank. But the crowd was downright pathetic from the get go.
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• If I had to watch that pisspoor effort every night, I would give up my tickets

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                  We played bad, point blank. But the crowd was downright pathetic from the get go.
                  bullshit

Comment

• Three point shooting has been and will be our weakness this year. Some games we get lucky and hit a respectable percentage to keep the other team honest. ISU had the right formula to beat us and our 3 point shooting failed us. Going forward, everyone will watch this game as a blueprint on how to beat the shox. I hope Marshall can figure it out because our three best shooters are either injured or riding the pine.

Comment

• Cannot hardly overstate how bad this loss was.

First team to 20........gone

National media calling for KU-WSU game.......gone

Chance to move into top 10..............gone

Alone at the top of the Valley.......gone

Chance to be a 4 seed..........gone

Outrebound every opponent..........gone

all the naysayers have been proven to be right.......so far

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                        We played bad, point blank. But the crowd was downright pathetic from the get go.
                        I disagree. I was there and the crowd was in it in the 2nd half until there was about 2:30 left and it was pretty much a lost cause. The team sucked; crowd had nothing to do with that. And it's a little difficult to go nuts while bricks are being launched from every conceivable angle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          Three point shooting has been and will be our weakness this year. Some games we get lucky and hit a respectable percentage to keep the other team honest. ISU had the right formula to beat us and our 3 point shooting failed us. Going forward, everyone will watch this game as a blueprint on how to beat the shox. I hope Marshall can figure it out because our three best shooters are either injured or riding the pine.
                          3PT shooting is a symptom, not the problem in and of itself. The real problem is our guardplay. We could have Ray Allen standing in the corner, but he would be useless without the ball. In our good games, we have had pretty good guardplay. We work the ball, find our post players, and get open shots without turning the ball over or playing bad defense. In all of our losses, Armstead and Williams have been lackluster (they are more main culprits because they play the most minutes with the ball in their hands).

We need those guys to get their problems straightened out. The reason we cannot beat the zone is because we do not attack it from the perimeter, either by breaking it down with passing or with interior passing and drives. This means that the quality of our shots is way lower than what we get against a man defense. Our interior shots are guarded by three defenders and our outside shots are off-balance contested threes or long twos.

Before last game, we had at least three guys shooting over 40% from the 3PT line in conference play (Armstead at 40%, Early at 45%, and Wiggins at a ridiculous 54%). So we have the tools to be great against a zone. Our problem is utilizing those tools.

Comment

• Not much more to say other than we played horribly and ISUb played pretty damn well.

Credit where credit is due.

Lets just go get em on Saturday!

Comment

• I think Hall touched the ball 8 times, and 6 of those were on rebounds.

I like how DWill was quoted as saying ISUb made them shoot from the outside when DWill has a history of ignoring post players no matter how good their positioning is.

I know they were trying to take away the post play, but you still have to give it to them when they get position. The passing the ball back and forth at the top of the key does nothing. We looked like a bunch of 4th graders out there last night that had never seen a zone defense.

Fred had a nice game. Cotton was OK. Everyone else had major issues. I take that back. Hall did OK. It's not his fault nobody but Fred wanted to pass him the ball.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• When MA looks at the game tape I hope he looks at how a consistently quality point guard handles his team. Odum didn't have a sparkling stat line, but he orchestrates all of what the trees do on offense. He looks unorthodox, but he gets to places Mal doesn't, thus creates quality scoring opportunities. Mal takes more three's off the dribble than any guard we have ever had. If they were coming off ball screens that would be one thing, but they aren't. When we aren't rock solid on defense and rebound, this team struggles due to our guard play. Get it fixed now.

Comment

Working...
                                X