No announcement yet.

Your #20 Wichita State Shockers Vs Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and another beautiful assist from vanvleet at the 4:13 mark of the second half. just beautiful..

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
      If they had a stat for that I think all of the Shockers who have been interviewed during the post game show would be right up there.
      So true. I also loved hearing the comment from 3G tonight about how much these young men truly like each other. Team chemistry. Perhaps something Coach Marshall and staff do not get enoug credit for but is an intangible criticial to sustained success IMHO.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        So true. I also loved hearing the comment from 3G tonight about how much these young men truly like each other. Team chemistry. Perhaps something Coach Marshall and staff do not get enoug credit for but is an intangible criticial to sustained success IMHO.
        Agreed. This roster gets along better than any that I can ever remember. The enthusiasm when the bench guys make a play is off the charts.

I really, really love this team. Sky is the limit.

Comment

After that 06-07 season, the team chemistry is something we can all admire.

Comment

• So loving the moment.

What a complete dismantling of a decent and definitely improved Bradley team.

When this team passes like it did tonight, and is unselfish, look out. This is what can happen. Offense was finally due for a beatdown and it happened. And they do it in a week where nearly every ranked team bit the bullet.

Jake White acted like he reads Shockernet...

Love this coach and team. Crowd was A+. The team deserves it Shocker fans.

Onward and upward.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
              Too conservative.
              Because we're so likely to get the benefit of the doubt in the polls? You realize that at 19-2 we've spent a combined three weeks ranked this season, right?

If we're ranked worse than #16, I'll be angry. That means a team will have to jump us (of which Miami certainly could, but absolutely should not ... very likely the dominating win over Duke gets them a massive over-rating in the polls, though), or one of the four teams in front of us that should absolutely fall behind us didn't: VCU (2 losses this week), Creighton (second straight loss), UNLV (scored 34 points or so against unranked team in loss), or Minnesota (two losses this week, four straight). Also Cincinnati in the Coach's Poll, who lost this week.

Now I'd also argue that we could jump NC State (should), Kansas State (should), Butler (probably won't), Louisville (probably won't), and Michigan State if they lose to Indiana tomorrow night (maybe), but I'm not expecting pollsters to give us much of a break now, based on the fact that they haven't this entire season. I don't think there is any reason to believe we could be ranked higher than any other team.

Optimistic ranking would be #12. Conservative #16.
              Last edited by Rlh04d; January 26, 2013, 11:57 PM.
              Originally posted by BleacherReport
              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Here is the recepe of beating Indiana State this coming Tuesday. We win and #20 ranking continues to improve=20 home wins in a row=20 wins this Season=4 Seasons in a row with Coach Marshall coaching to win 20=Shocker Coaching History= SN is 20 times happier=20 more posts by fsf=happy days are here to stay.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Another great stat for Jake is that he had more offensive rebounds (6 rebounds) in 17 minutes of play than the entire Bradley team (5 rebounds) had in 200 minutes of play.

Comment

Don't forget to give Jake his bonus for his outstanding POG post-game interview with Kennedy.
                    Wait a minute.. Jake got the player of the game??? I didn't hear the post game interviews. I'm happy for him and all but as was pointed out in the other thread, he did all his damage well after the game was over. How about MA with 8 assists, 4 steals, 10 pts, and 5 rebounds all in 23 minutes (when the game was contested)? Malcolm didn't play the last 9 minutes because it was all over except for the fat lady. The score was 58-32 when MA left the game.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                      Because we're so likely to get the benefit of the doubt in the polls? You realize we that at 19-2 we've spent a combined three weeks ranked this season, right?

If we're ranked worse than #16, I'll be angry. That means a team will have to jump us (of which Miami certainly could, but absolutely should not ... very likely the dominating win over Duke gets them a massive over-rating in the polls, though), or one of the four teams in front of us that should absolutely fall behind us didn't: VCU (2 losses this week), Creighton (second straight loss), UNLV (scored 34 points or so against unranked team in loss), or Minnesota (two losses this week, four straight).

Now I'd also argue that we should definitely jump NC State and maybe a few others, but I'm not expecting pollsters to give us much of a break now, based on the fact that they haven't this entire season.

Optimistic ranking would be #12. Conservative #16.
                      Well aware of all the facts you cite to, including the ones you got wrong (UNLV = / = New Mexico). You're just not giving credence to how poorly the teams in front of us played this week.

Teams that may leapfrog us:

#25 Miami (won vs. #1 Duke 90-63, vs. FSU 1/27 6 PM)

Teams that we will jump:

#19 VCU (lost @ Richmond, lost vs. LaSalle)
                      #18 NCSU (lost @ Wake Forest, won vs. UNC)
                      #17 Creighton (lost @ Drake, vs. SIU 1/27)
                      #15 New Mexico (won vs. Colorado State, lost @ SDSU)
                      #12 Minnesota (lost @ Northwestern, lost @ Wisconsin)
                      #11 Kansas State (lost vs. #3 Kansas, lost @ Iowa State)

That puts us at #15 if Miami jumps ahead of us, #14 if they don't. However, there are more teams that we may or may not move ahead of:

#5 Louisville (lost @ Villanova, lost @ Georgetown)
                      #9 Butler (lost @ LaSalle, won vs. Temple)
                      #13 Michigan State (won @ Wisconsin, @ #7 Indiana 1/27 1 PM)

Looks like worst case scenario is that we will be #15 on Monday. If we are worse than that, I will concede that a conspiracy exists.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                        Wait a minute.. Jake got the player of the game??? I didn't hear the post game interviews. I'm happy for him and all but as was pointed out in the other thread, he did all his damage well after the game was over. How about MA with 8 assists, 4 steals, 10 pts, and 5 rebounds all in 23 minutes (when the game was contested)? Malcolm didn't play the last 9 minutes because it was all over except for the fat lady. The score was 58-32 when MA left the game.

T

Malcom did get MVP with Channel 22 and White got MVP on KNSS. Malcom had around 10 points with 8 assists. FreshVV came in and added 5 more assists which resulted in a 1-2 punch from our pg position.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

T

I agree. Jake was good. However, this game goes to Armstead and wiggins first. Jake might have an argument for player of the cleanup crew because he dominated during a time when people get loose or unmotivated. There really is something to be said for that, much like diving for loose balls. Jake is another one of those guys that you chalk up to the " how good is this team if a player as solid as jake white is that far down on the rotation"

He would play significant minutes anywhere else in the valley. I'm sure he would gladly take championships instead.

I will add this. He rebounds like hall sometimes. He will be a force as an upperclassmen. Just not a super athletic one.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                            Malcom did get MVP with Channel 22 and White got MVP on KNSS. Malcom had around 10 points with 8 assists. FreshVV came in and added 5 more assists which resulted in a 1-2 punch from our pg position.
                            FreshVV! Glad you like it too. :)

Comment

T

Through the pirated Shockervision feed, I heard Mike call for Jake for POG during the commercial break with the mic still hot, simply for the fact that he didn't know how many more chances Jake had for POG the rest of the year. I think he was spreading the love, something you need to hone in on a little more..
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                                So loving the moment.

What a complete dismantling of a decent and definitely improved Bradley team.

When this team passes like it did tonight, and is unselfish, look out. This is what can happen. Offense was finally due for a beatdown and it happened. And they do it in a week where nearly every ranked team bit the bullet.

Jake White acted like he reads Shockernet...

Love this coach and team. Crowd was A+. The team deserves it Shocker fans.

Onward and upward.
                                What a GREAT post!!! Yes indeed ShockerFever....yes indeed!!!
                                FINAL FOURS:
                                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                                #3 - Dec. 2017
                                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                                #2 ~ March 2014
                                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                                X