No announcement yet.

Your #20 Wichita State Shockers Vs Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 contibutors tonight. Malcolm was really solid when the game was still close. Demetrics last minute of the first half was big, big, big and set the tone for the second half. His only four points for the night came in that 60 seconds. Give Nick some space and he'll make you pay. He still has work to do on the rest of his game but we are definetly seeing progress. If the Fred of January 26th is the Fred we see next year, we're in good hands. Jake is giving all he has. It may not be enough for some but giving 100% effort is good enough for me. Last but not least, presenting the EO hook shot. Thing of beauty. So Cle and Carl are reasonably quiet and we win by 34. Hmmmm.
    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
      sad to say, there are some mcdermott fans here, like he's the best coach in the mvc or something- i guess because creighton won it in st lou last year.

do i really have to post this on a bradley game thread? again?:
      marshall> mcdermott

woah, nellie. there was going to be no replay of the first shocker-braves game.
      He swings - and he misses. Didn't recognize the changeup - thought it was a fastball.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
        How many FT's did EO shoot? I thought he was 1-4, but the box score has him at 1-2.
        Should be 1-3. Missed the front end of a 1 and 1 in the first half. Made the first of 2 in the second. Maybe that's where Jake's 10th rebound went.

Comment

• How does this sound? 19-2 overall and 8-1 at the Valley halfway point through the Valley Race? You like?
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Jake White played the type of game he is made for...mixing it up close to the basket getting rebounds and putbacks. He really looked good tonight. This was the most impressive that FVV has been in my opinion. How in the heck can he get called for a foul for slapping a guys hand away that looked like he was being given a testicular exam prior to the slap? Wiggins shoots really well when he is set and I believe he could hit that shot another five feet beyond the line. That was as an impressive a half of basketball as I've seen in a long while. Bradley did not give up but they were most definitely overwhelmed. This bodes well for the rest of the season.

Comment

• How does this sound? Armsread with 8 assists and FVV with 5? Not a bad day at the Office for our 2 quarterbacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                The Shocks looked better than a #20 team for about 28 minutes tonight. Much better. When we have those flurries from our D. and it becomes instant Offense, watch out because we are scary good. Only allowing 39 points, 44-21 surpass on the bounds which is rock star status, and making shots makes us tough to beat.
                after the first game in peoria, and going over the tape with a fine tooth comb, coach must have challenged the shockers in the steals department, is all i can figure out.

bradley is not a bad team, but wichita state really turned up the 'd' in the second half, like they had a chip the size of a bolder on their shoulder. i keep hearing about the rebounds, yet bu just couldn't handle the ball in the face of that nasty 'd'.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  Jake White played the type of game he is made for...mixing it up close to the basket getting rebounds and putbacks. He really looked good tonight. This was the most impressive that FVV has been in my opinion. How in the heck can he get called for a foul for slapping a guys hand away that looked like he was being given a testicular exam prior to the slap? Wiggins shoots really well when he is set and I believe he could hit that shot another five feet beyond the line. That was as an impressive a half of basketball as I've seen in a long while. Bradley did not give up but they were most definitely overwhelmed. This bodes well for the rest of the season.

How about Jake going in between 4 Braves, diving for the ball, and gaining a possesion? Now that was some MTXE baybay!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                    Should be 1-3. Missed the front end of a 1 and 1 in the first half. Made the first of 2 in the second. Maybe that's where Jake's 10th rebound went.
                    Maybe there was a mix up. In the first half they had Jake on the line, then replaced him with EO.

Comment

• After a quick glance over of the Top 25, I'd say a conservative estimate for Monday will have us ranked #16 in both polls.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                        after the first game in peoria, and going over the tape with a fine tooth comb, coach must have challenged the shockers in the steals department, is all i can figure out.

bradley is not a bad team, but wichita state really turned up the 'd' in the second half, like they had a chip the size of a bolder on their shoulder. i keep hearing about the rebounds, but bu just couldn't handle the ball in the face of that nasty 'd'.
                        The Shocks valued the ball tonight against Bradley whom normally gets their fair share of steals.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                          The Shocks valued the ball tonight against Bradley whom normally gets their fair share of steals.
                          true enough.

Comment

• Hark!! What thou is that sweepin noise fsf heareth? Huh? We shant ignore it. Shockers sweep the Braves!!! Shockers sweep the Braves!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                              After a quick glance over of the Top 25, I'd say a conservative estimate for Monday will have us ranked #16 in both polls.
                              Too conservative.

Comment

• I am kinda upset that Gregg didn't wear white tennies for "Coaches Versus Cancer". Doesn't Johnston's sell white tennies? Just kidding.

Comment

Working...
                                X