No announcement yet.

Your #20 Wichita State Shockers Vs Braves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 39 pts for team that averages 60+, that is tremendous.

Comment

• Highlights---1. 8 assists by Armstead 2. We out rebound them by 23 and hold them to 39. WOW!!! 3. EO was so high on the shot block rejection that fsf even got a nose bleed. tsk tsk tsk 4. Like I said all summer, Wiggy can score and shoot the rock. Not bad at all with the D. tonight either. 5. Jake was an inspration tonight 6. FVV is really coming along and improving at this level. 7. D-Will helped us finish nicely at the end of the 1st half.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• 38 bench points tonight.

Our bench wouldn't make a great team - Hall, Lufile, White, Wiggins, and FVV wouldn't make a great team, but I bet they'd still be an upper-half Valley team.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Great to see Van Vleet and White break out. We are going to need them for the post season play and for many years to come. Most enjoyable half I've seen in a while. Nice to sit back and relax and just enjoy the show without having to be concerned about whether we are going to win or not.

Comment

• Coach Marshall commented on something earlier about the value of our recruits. Yes indeed, our new players were awesome tonight and even Chadrack took the ball to the hole for the easy layup. FVV really caught my eyeballs and is a solid pupil. Tsk tsk tsk. Wiggy is instant offense and did so in the confines of his role without forcing things.

Comment

• On the play-by-play on ESPN it shows a Wichita State Defensive Rebound at the 2:14 mark. I'm thinking that was Jake White's rebound.

I'll have to check the replay when it's available.

Comment

• What is the name of the song they play each game. Tonight it seemed like it was at the 6 minute mark of the 2nd half. I dig that song.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                  after the first bradley game, coach marshall devises a defensive scheme for the rematch. point by point.

if marshall keeps this up, he'll be a solid second for mvc coach of the year (behind mcdermott, of course).
                  No doubt.

We could only hope that Marshall evolves to be half of the coach that McDermott is. Good for him to have a goal to reach with his career, at any rate.

One day. One day.
                  Originally posted by BleacherReport
                  Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                    Win by 30. Win by 1. Just win.
                    34 suffice?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• If you would have told me that Carl was going to have a well below average game and Cleanthony an average game, at best before the game I would have been quite concerned.

Shows you what little I know. Shocks could not have played any better, and I'm not sure any harder than they did in the second half.

Nick was superman in the second half and Jake wasn't too far behind. Loved the effort, the focus and the play from the end of the bench during the last 5 minutes of the game.

I don't know if Bradley quit or not, but I think they were simply overwhelmed.

Great final 22 minutes Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        If you would have told me that Carl was going to have a well below average game and Cleanthony an average game, at best before the game I would have been quite concerned.
                        20 minutes was also well below average for both.
                        Originally posted by BleacherReport
                        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• How many FT's did EO shoot? I thought he was 1-4, but the box score has him at 1-2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                            No doubt.

We could only hope that Marshall evolves to be half of the coach that McDermott is. Good for him to have a goal to reach with his career, at any rate.

One day. One day.
                            sad to say, there are some mcdermott fans here, like he's the best coach in the mvc or something- i guess because creighton won it in st lou last year.

do i really have to post this on a bradley game thread? again?:
                            marshall> mcdermott

woah, nellie. there was going to be no replay of the first shocker-braves game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                              We look like Forest Gump disassembling and reassembling his M14.
                              Funny!

Comment

• The Shocks looked better than a #20 team for about 28 minutes tonight. Much better. When we have those flurries from our D. and it becomes instant Offense, watch out because we are scary good. Only allowing 39 points, 44-21 surpass on the bounds which is rock star status, and making shots makes us tough to beat.

Comment

Working...
                                X