MVC conference games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to guarantee a Bears win. But they won't blow the new look Bears team out. The way we are sharing the basketball is a sight to see and epitomizes the true poetry of basketball. Creighton has more length and size and what not and we don't have a McD. True dat. But Echenique is pretty soft and Gibbs although he is a pretty dirty basketball player, he folds like a cheap tent when you get physical right back at him. Kirk and the boys will get into him and frustrate him. Creighton just doesn't impress me outside of one player especially on the road. I watched Illinois State hang tough with them and we just worked them tonight. Coaching is a wash between CU and MSU I think. And nobody is going to want to play at JQH the way we are starting to finally jell. I betcha the line starts out something ridiculous like CU -12 or 13 then once the smart West Coast Vegas bettors start betting then it will move down to -8 or 9. If it goes that low I'd probably double down if I wasn't a recovering gambler or whatever.
    Seriously, for your own good, put down the bottle. Why you do this to yourself is beyond rational thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Seriously, for your own good, put down the bottle. Why you do this to yourself is beyond rational thought.
      He's from Missouri. It's what they do.

Comment

I wouldn't go so far as to guarantee a Bears win. But they won't blow the new look Bears team out. The way we are sharing the basketball is a sight to see and epitomizes the true poetry of basketball. Creighton has more length and size and what not and we don't have a McD. True dat. But Echenique is pretty soft and Gibbs although he is a pretty dirty basketball player, he folds like a cheap tent when you get physical right back at him. Kirk and the boys will get into him and frustrate him. Creighton just doesn't impress me outside of one player especially on the road. I watched Illinois State hang tough with them and we just worked them tonight. Coaching is a wash between CU and MSU I think. And nobody is going to want to play at JQH the way we are starting to finally jell. I betcha the line starts out something ridiculous like CU -12 or 13 then once the smart West Coast Vegas bettors start betting then it will move down to -8 or 9. If it goes that low I'd probably double down if I wasn't a recovering gambler or whatever.
        Sharing the ball, really? Downing is carrying you guys. Through the first 11 games, when you couldn't beat anyone but non D-I programs, Downing was averaging 10+ per game. Now, over the last 5, he's almost at 20 ppg. Scheer's resurgence over the last 4 games has been the other big plus. He was averaging around 3 ppg, but the last 4 games 10 ppg. Marshall's scoring is erratic and Kirk's has gone down.

Since you're comparing games of how well Ill St hung with CU, how about UNI also beating the Redbirds at their house by more than CU yet we beat UNI, 3 starters down, by 25. What's that suppose to tell ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Jackie Carmichael goes for 21 points and 12 rebounds and ILS still can't beat Missouri State. No doubt MSU deserves some credit for turning their season around after an absolutely horrible non-con performance but ILS is baffling to me. Makes you wonder if they have a problem in the locker room with this team.
          There has got to be something wrong with their team chemistry. This Ill St team is reminding me of the Shocker team during Turgeon's last season. The Shocker team that went into Vegas ranked #8 in the country and a lock on a ncaa bid that ended up with no post season at all.

I am not saying Illinois St was ever at that Shocker team's level just the tanking part.

It appears to me something happened during the Christmas break. Before the break, the redbirds win at Dayton and totally crush Austin Peay at home. After the Christmas break, the redbirds are 0-4.
          Last edited by shox1989; January 8, 2013, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• I wonder why Wilkens isn't playing? I realize he isn't the best player of all time, but he's not bad, and he's a tough matchup for almost every Valley team. I don't think he's injured....what happened there?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              I wonder why Wilkens isn't playing? I realize he isn't the best player of all time, but he's not bad, and he's a tough matchup for almost every Valley team. I don't think he's injured....what happened there?
              Wilkens' production was down, and from what I've picked up he looks lost in Muller's system. I believe he's only playing about 4-6 mintues a game now. They are using a 6-3 guy at SF and Ekey at PF. Ekey is no PF IMO and of course Wilkins isn't either. It sounds like Muller sat Tyler Brown some last night because his head wasn't right which I believe means he wasn't playing team ball. Perhaps that's a problem in Muller's mind with Wilkens. Listening to Muller's after game comments I believe he isn't pleased with the efforts of a few team members although happy with most of them. The Redbirds were not doing very good last year until the last few games. It's looking like they were overrated this year due to a late run last year and then add in the adjustment to a new coach and system. They are certainly in a mid season slump and I'm thinking it might end up similar to our last year with MT when in my mind he lost the team. Of course Gino Ford had a hard first year but doing well this year at Bradley.
              Last edited by tropicalshox; January 9, 2013, 01:46 AM.
              In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Side note: Nathan Scheer has the biggest forehead in America.
                That's called a five head.
                Livin the dream

Comment

B-E-A-R-S! Man each and every day we are looking more and more like the team I thought we would be from the get go. We still are only 5-11 but at 3-1 in the conference we are a far cry from the "worst Valley team ever" thingy that was going around. I don't reckon we will be playing on Thursday in St. Louis and I doubt whoever we get is going to want to face us come Friday!
                  Dude, you're counting W's over Philander Smith and Malone University. Seriously?
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Why did Tyler Brown only get 2 shots? Was he hurt?
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• I think that Illinois State is heading for an implosion. They may finish behind MSU and Evansville at this rate. It was mentioned previously about team problems like the shocks had a few years ago. This sounds very similar and I wonder if they are having the same issues? Women are evil sometimes. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                        Why did Tyler Brown only get 2 shots? Was he hurt?
                        I listened to much of the game like Trop did. Brown seemingly took a shot to the eye but in the post game Coach Mueller said that didn't really make a difference but that he (Coach) was going with guys that were doing things the right way. I wouldn't say he threw Brown under the bus....but he might of casually tripped him while looking the other way.

They have some bad things going on in Normal right now. Hard to believe it's going to get worse, but it might just have to for them to be able to turn it around. While I believe Trop is right when he says that perhaps their run to the finals of Arch Madness and a couple of NIT wins were way overvalued during the offseason, I still think they have entirely too much talent to be where they are today.

If you had ISU v Drake in game 5 where the loser would occupy last place all by their lonesome at 0-5, I hope you gamble heavily for a living.

At this point the Redbirds would have to finish 10-4 to contend for the 4-5 game in St Louis. Doable, but with 3 games remaining just against CU and WSU, that's going to be a tall order.

Comment

• sometimes?

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                            I think that Illinois State is heading for an implosion. They may finish behind MSU and Evansville at this rate. It was mentioned previously about team problems like the shocks had a few years ago. This sounds very similar and I wonder if they are having the same issues? Women are evil sometimes. :)
                            sometimes?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              sometimes?
                              I figured that would come up. :) They are evil almost all of the time. Probably 99.5% of the time or higher.

Comment

You have to be joking with everything you just said in this post. Creighton will work you like a rented street walker.

And I'm pretty sure Grant Gibbs is tougher than a tent...

Wow, what a couple wins will do for confidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X