MVC conference games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Jackie Carmichael goes for 21 points and 12 rebounds and ILS still can't beat Missouri State. No doubt MSU deserves some credit for turning their season around after an absolutely horrible non-con performance but ILS is baffling to me. Makes you wonder if they have a problem in the locker room with this team.
    Bryant Allen is not well liked in their dressing room. At least that is the scuttlebutt circulating around Bloomington/Normal. But yeah I agree, they aren't right. There whole game is predicated on 1 on 1 streetball. They'd be right at home playing at Rucker Park. They'd all lose badly except for Carmichael but that is who they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Your team is playing and you log into Shockernet to post? Last thing I could ever imagine doing is logging onto a Misery Bare forum to let them know how good the Shox are during a game against somebody else. But then again, I'm no @LuskingforGuttin
      I was permanently expelled from the main Bears board because of philosophical differences with the head honcho guy. I like the conversation much better over here to be entirely honest with you. I also think I offer a unique insight and heck you have several CU fans that post here so why not?

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
        B-E-A-R-S!
        Though I must admit ... I'm impressed to see you have been studying.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Your team is playing and you log into Shockernet to post? Last thing I could ever imagine doing is logging onto a Misery Bare forum to let them know how good the Shox are during a game against somebody else. But then again, I'm no @LuskingforGuttin
          Classic.

You know where his mind is at I guess.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I was permanently expelled from the main Bears board because of philosophical differences with the head honcho guy. I like the conversation much better over here to be entirely honest with you. I also think I offer a unique insight and heck you have several CU fans that post here so why not?
            I give ya hell, but our board is better with you on it. At least you take your razzin' like a man.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

B-E-A-R-S! Man each and every day we are looking more and more like the team I thought we would be from the get go. We still are only 5-11 but at 3-1 in the conference we are a far cry from the "worst Valley team ever" thingy that was going around. I don't reckon we will be playing on Thursday in St. Louis and I doubt whoever we get is going to want to face us come Friday!
              Too bad you didn't stay in the pic em contest on shockernet. You would be dominating.
              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• In happier news, realtimerpi has ISUb at 21. I am in shock from this and don't see how a team at 8-5 can have it, but they do. So at least we'll have one more top 100 opponent or maybe even top 50 (no way do I see them staying top 25 but I would be glad if they do as long as it is not at our expense).
                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Saturday will be interesting - Redbirds and Drake will meet and someone will be forced to win a game and Creighton travels to MSU to face the new Bear team.

Comment

• Listening to the coach's show, Dan seems like a good guy (no surprise there) but at least for the moment, he's lost this team.

He didn't mention names, but they, again right now, have some serious problems on the team. I suspect he'll get it turned around, but the big prizes are now gone for the Redbirds.

Wonder if Dana regrets his move right about now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ixiah View Post
                      Saturday will be interesting - Redbirds and Drake will meet and someone will be forced to win a game and Creighton travels to MSU to face the new Bear team.

Well the CU-MSU game isn't going to be that interesting. Jackie had a huge game, they just refused to pass him the ball enough. The Bluejays will have NO such compunctions. They will feed Doug and Greg the ball time and time and time again and it will be a blowout, mark my words.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Wonder if Dana regrets his move right about now?
                        ZING.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• This conference has been extremely weird thus far. ISU red losing to SWOMO, seriously? Should we be all that surprised? 8 of their 9 wins have come against teams with .500 or below records. The @Dayton win is their top resume' win of the year.

Hopefully, they will be emotionally fed up and have given up their at large hopes when they come to our place and just go through the motions. But something tells me that they will get up to try and knock out a top 25 team and use us as a crux as their jumping off point of turning around the rest of their season.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Well the CU-MSU game isn't going to be that interesting. Jackie had a huge game, they just refused to pass him the ball enough. The Bluejays will have NO such compunctions. They will feed Doug and Greg the ball time and time and time again and it will be a blowout, mark my words.
                            I wouldn't go so far as to guarantee a Bears win. But they won't blow the new look Bears team out. The way we are sharing the basketball is a sight to see and epitomizes the true poetry of basketball. Creighton has more length and size and what not and we don't have a McD. True dat. But Echenique is pretty soft and Gibbs although he is a pretty dirty basketball player, he folds like a cheap tent when you get physical right back at him. Kirk and the boys will get into him and frustrate him. Creighton just doesn't impress me outside of one player especially on the road. I watched Illinois State hang tough with them and we just worked them tonight. Coaching is a wash between CU and MSU I think. And nobody is going to want to play at JQH the way we are starting to finally jell. I betcha the line starts out something ridiculous like CU -12 or 13 then once the smart West Coast Vegas bettors start betting then it will move down to -8 or 9. If it goes that low I'd probably double down if I wasn't a recovering gambler or whatever.

Comment

I wouldn't go so far as to guarantee a Bears win. But they won't blow the new look Bears team out. The way we are sharing the basketball is a sight to see and epitomizes the true poetry of basketball. Creighton has more length and size and what not and we don't have a McD. True dat. But Echenique is pretty soft and Gibbs although he is a pretty dirty basketball player, he folds like a cheap tent when you get physical right back at him. Kirk and the boys will get into him and frustrate him. Creighton just doesn't impress me outside of one player especially on the road. I watched Illinois State hang tough with them and we just worked them tonight. Coaching is a wash between CU and MSU I think. And nobody is going to want to play at JQH the way we are starting to finally jell. I betcha the line starts out something ridiculous like CU -12 or 13 then once the smart West Coast Vegas bettors start betting then it will move down to -8 or 9. If it goes that low I'd probably double down if I wasn't a recovering gambler or whatever.
                              Quoted for future reference. Make sure you come back Friday night to answer to this one.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                                Hopefully, they will be emotionally fed up and have given up their at large hopes when they come to our place and just go through the motions. But something tells me that they will get up to try and knock out a top 25 team and use us as a crux as their jumping off point of turning around the rest of their season.
                                This is where you and I part ways, KC. You seem to always expect the worst, and hope for something unusual that's needed to be successful. You never think big....

I hope the Redbirds come in here locked and loaded. I WANT their best! If we're not good enough to beat their best, then hats off to them. Don't you enjoy the challenge? Why do you fear the challenge? Isn't that why they compete?

As a fan, I want the guys to win just as much as anyone, but I'd rather lose against the best than win against less...maybe it's just me.

Comment

Working...
                                X