Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-Con is Over, New Valley Predictions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    If Gregg wins the Valley again this season, returning to the NCAA, he should get National Coach of the Year. At this point, anything above 4 and he should be considered.
    On the golf course, do they call you "sandbagger"? ;)

You guys have better talent and athleticism than most teams in the conference even with your injuries. I don't see anyway that you aren't top 4 and would be absolutely shocked (no pun intended) if you aren't top 3.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
      http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

6 seed, projected mvc champs... Gotta love Jerry palm right now.
      Kinda funny that douche had only 1 bid from the Valley a few months ago.

Not a real big Palm fan. He's usually not very accurate and plays switcheroo a lot.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Truth be told, I give away money on the golf course because I refuse to "take" strokes. One reason why I don't play for money much anymore.

While I will agree about the athleticism of the remaining 9 over everyone but CU and ISU, I am not so sure about the talent. A lot of factors go into "talent" and experience and BBIQ are two important ones. I also believe WSU is the deepest team in the league. I'll take our 13, 12, 11, 10 & 9 guys over anyone in the league and feel pretty comfortable about going 16-2 or better. Problem is our 9-13 guys are going to play 1-5 guys for the most part and that gap is pretty thin, if at all.

My comment was a general one. To be where WSU is today, after losing what they lost the last 2 seasons, is impressive if not remarkable. Tack on losing our best player, and 2 other starters (along with the other injuries they are dealing with) and what I think is the prevailing thought that WSU would be picked 3rd instead of 4th if it was redone today.

I don't think it's sandbagging if we're picked 4th and losing 3 starters (Carl isn't coming back before ISU and even if he makes it back he'll be at best 75%, Ron will be lucky to make it back to 100% before the end of the year and Wessel is likely done for the year) and I think finishing above that prognostication is hopeful at best. I'd GLADLY take 13-5 right now if that were a possibility. One more injury and I don't know what we'd do. Healthy, I LOVE our chances to repeat, but one team can only take so much.

Comment

Ill give it a shot

1.Blowjays
          2.Shox
          3. Ill St
          4. UNI
          5. In St
          6. Evansville
          7. Bradley
          8. Drake
          9. SIU
          10. Swo Mo
          Last edited by newshock1234; December 28, 2012, 04:12 PM.
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

SWOMO needs to get the boot from the conference. They shouldn't be aloud to play in St. Louis this year.

My list would probably be:
            1. Creighton
            2. WSU
            3. ISU Red
            4. ISU Blue
            5. UNI
            6. Bradley
            7. Evansville
            8. SIU
            9. Drake

332. SWOMO (final RPI standing)

Comment

Missouri State will have a better RPI at the end of the season because every team they play will help them improve it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                Missouri State will have a better RPI at the end of the season because every team they play will help them improve it.
                True, but they will also drag everyone down with them. It will come out in a wash and their rank will be TERRIBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  Checked some message boards Doc. UNI fans still think they have a shot at an at-large, lol.
                  Against my better judgement I hopped over to delusionalpanthers.com to check out what they have to say. It's unreal. Whatever I guess, their handful of brain dead fans just are never going to get it.

Their A game doesn't beat our A game. It doesn't beat ISUR or CU either. They have to hope we play shitty. Could they beat us? Sure, it's possible but it's not probable. Again, this isn't 09-10. They have a well coached nice team, period.

Honestly, I couldn't care less what happens to UNI unless they go to the Summit league. I hope we play hard and get the Valley season off on the right foot.

Comment

Working...
                  X