Southern Miss game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
    Also don't get close to the floor seats on the corner section, they are absolute crap. Can't see anything.
    I sat in the upper deck for the 1st time ever at IBA. I was 7 rows from the top but right on the mid-court stripe. Not a bad view of the game at all. Really enjoyed the different perspective.

Also, I called the loaf of bread conclusion of the Ode to Wu at halftime. :excitement:

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      I sat in the upper deck for the 1st time ever at IBA. I was 7 rows from the top but right on the mid-court stripe. Not a bad view of the game at all. Really enjoyed the different perspective.

Also, I called the loaf of bread conclusion of the Ode to Wu at halftime. :excitement:
      Yea I moved to seats that were actually cheaper - and better - in the second half, I just couldn't take it any more. Section 112 in the corner. The Upper deck little things that right at the bottom there above the LED ribbon are amazing seats actually. Would highly recommend those in the future, sat in them during pre game till I figured it was time to go to mine and the view was superb.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• I got nothing. Words almost fail me. This is the first game in a long, long time where the Shox played as poorly as one can imagine in the first half and then come out in the second half (being down a lot of key players) and continue to come back on a number of occasions and put away the game. The only thing I will say is that second half adjustments by GM and the team have been the difference.

This win is utterly astonishing given how bad the first half was played. I'm just amazed and confused.

Comment

• Watching Jake on the sideline it sure looked like a back issue. Looked like he even had trouble sitting down.
          EO is a defensive game changer.
          Nick is a scorer, don't think anybody disagrees. We wouldn't have won tonight without him. He still needs to work on the rest of his game to be a complete player.
          DW's late shot clock heroics, what can you say.
          Cleanthony looked like he did in the scrimmage, about two steps ahead of himself. Just make the plays CE, all will be good.
          MA, love ya but I'm glad I'm not you when Gregg gets ahold of you.
          Fred, keep learning.
          Tekele is an ultimate role player. Whatever the team needs.
          CJ, take the ball to the basket big guy. Use your size.
          Lastly, kudos to Gregg for teaching toughness. Also, anybody else notice his press breaking adjustment. Had the guys bust it down the sideline rather than keep it in the middle. Not your normal press break.
          Keep winning guys and Merry Christmas.
          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
            Yea I moved to seats that were actually cheaper - and better - in the second half, I just couldn't take it any more. Section 112 in the corner. The Upper deck little things that right at the bottom there above the LED ribbon are amazing seats actually. Would highly recommend those in the future, sat in them during pre game till I figured it was time to go to mine and the view was superb.
            Yes, those seats are pretty darn good. But they go pretty fast so if you want them you need to buy early.

Comment

• I'm gonna remember this one for a long while. It was special.

MTXE and Merry Xmas.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• That was a fun game. Fugly at times, but fun.

The guys never stopped battling. They were ugly at times but when they started clicking and pushing the ball up the floor, they can be pretty damn good. So many special plays by so many players tonight. The crowd, at times, was stellar, considering the turnout and noise-lowering acoustics of IBA. As Marshall said, the crowd helped out big time in this one. That's what we're gonna have to do at home to help with this team getting wins while half the players are out on IR.

Very fun time and I'm glad those that made it out got their money's worth. Especially loved Marshall in the second half going bananas and getting the crowd going crazy. LOVE IT. We may be down but we're certainly not out. Another team might have cashed in their chips by now. But not this one. 11-1, Top 15 RPI. GO SHOCKS!

Koch better be busting at the seams next Sunday.

MERRY CHRISTMAS SHOCKER NATION!
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Busted out my yellow mohawk wig, screamed until hoarse and watched one heck of a ball game. Way to go Shox and Merry Christmas Shocker Nation!
                  When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

• By the way, if you weren't there you missed Gregg rip off his jacket in the first half. I'm not sure I've ever seen him do that before.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Horrific first half, great 2nd half.

Pretty solid atmosphere at Intrust... still wish they'd get some cell coverage in there. Love that it's so close to Bite Me BBQ though.

Love the absolute heart and balls this team played with... feel bad for what HCGM is going to do to Malcolm for running his mouth. :)

Comment

• What a night. The halftime videos were spectacular. Ron Baker as Kevin McCallister (thanks 'Fever), classic!

The one constant the guys had tonight was they played their balls off all night long. Sometimes they made bad decisions (did we really have 14 first half turnovers??) and we couldn't throw it in the ocean early, but those guys were busting tail on D. Even when it got really ugly, and USM hit a BUNCH of sword in the heart shots, our guys wouldn't quit.

They showed a TON of heart. I mean a ton...maybe 2.

How many minutes did DWill play? Did he come out in the 2nd half? I don't give a rat's ass about his mistakes, ADES was seen chartering a dump truck after the game to assist Demetric with his ball sack on the way home. That was as gutty an effort of 1 kid putting a team on his back and getting them back into the game as I've ever seen.

Lest anyone forgets, Demetric will graduate next spring as the winningest Shocker to ever wear the Black and Yellow.

And he EARNED that distinction tonight. Very well done young man.
                        Last edited by WuDrWu; December 22, 2012, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• I don't think there are enough good things we can say about Marshall's coaching job this season. The second half adjustments changed the game and his passion is unparalleled.
                          Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            I'm gonna remember this one for a long while. It was special.

MTXE and Merry Xmas.
                            Were you down there by Lynn? She wasn't all that thrilled with Zelton's work either.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                              By the way, if you weren't there you missed Gregg rip off his jacket in the first half. I'm not sure I've ever seen him do that before.
                              I think I've seen that a couple times before, but you could tell when he did that tonight that he meant business.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                                By the way, if you weren't there you missed Gregg rip off his jacket in the first half. I'm not sure I've ever seen him do that before.
                                That was fantastic. I don't remember seeing it either. I'm sure the locker room at halftime was fun.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X