Coaches Show 12/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by n8 View Post
    Why me? All I said was that we shouldn't have a conniption when someone says mid-major.
    Because that is the exact basis, I believe, for which the caller called. It could have been the opposite end of the spectrum as well. It very well could have been Cold..

We know the person reads this site but I can't believe they don't have the same amount of balls to come forward and out themselves here just as they had the balls to call in to the show and reference Shockernet as a "cesspool".
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

After reading the following quote from the Volleyball forum, maybe it is SpanglerFan who is the culprit?

I am largely avoiding posting on SN right now and I am considering leaving the board but I don't want to make any rash decisions. A few points, however.
      •How can anyone not mention replacing Kim Wadsworth? She was a walk-on (if I recall correctly) but would have started for almost any other Valley team and really performed when she got her chance.
      •In a MBB thread, somebody "called out" n8. He doesn't say/do silly things (e.g. "cesspool"). He attends Arch Madness every year and almost all MBB home games. (PS He is smarter than you.)
      •Yes, there is a plan for "dorm construction".
      •The libero position is a big question mark for 2013 and I would understand if a true frosh started as libero. Remember Kelly Broussard starting as a true frosh?
      •As for replacing players, Kelly Broussard and Melissa Granville were huge losses. Did you look at Lamb's comments on defense? How was our defense ranked nationally this year? Last year?
      •None of you would survive as a D1 coach. Chris Lamb and Gregg Marshall "have their acts together."
      •Yes, you are delusional but who isn't?
      •Yes, your mom loves you. I'm kind of fond of you too. Royal is OK in my book.
      Now back to lurking. (There goes 10 minutes of my life.)
      "I discovered surfing, which I absolutely fell in love with. That feels good and kind of keeps your body aligned, so does the salt water." - Anthony Kiedis

"I'm not worried. Are you worried? You shouldn't be. Sleep well tonight. "

Comment

That wouldn't surprise me..
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
          Fred- what a downer
          I just pulled up the coaches show because I missed it and I'm listening for the first time right now. Fred was terribly negative and almost insulting to the coach and players. I give Marshall some credit for not getting angry with that call. What in the world.

Comment

Unless Coach is married to it, and trust me he isn't, the call in part of the coach's show needs to come to an end.

I have to be in the top 1% of Shocker fans when it comes to passion, and I turn down or off the show when Ron or Dennis call in....It's too flipping painful to listen to them over and over with the same crap.

Questions and comments need to be submitted electronically, filtered, then passed to Mike to present to Coach.

Pretty simple if you ask me.

And if anyone is listening, I will gladly volunteer my services to gather the information and present to the next rung up the ladder.

The show will improve 10 fold the first week.

Thanks for listening, I'll hang up and listen off the air.

Comment

I'm with WuDrWu on this one, in the world of twitter and email, a call in radio show is just too ancient of a format.

Having filtered questions does two things:

1) It gives Kennedy editorial authority over what gets asked.
              2) If the questions that week are poor or sparse, it gives him more time to ask about relevant stuff and not waste coach's time.
              Last edited by n8; December 13, 2012, 02:15 PM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Unless Coach is married to it, and trust me he isn't, the call in part of the coach's show needs to come to an end.

I have to be in the top 1% of Shocker fans when it comes to passion, and I turn down or off the show when Ron or Dennis call in....It's too flipping painful to listen to them over and over with the same crap.

Questions and comments need to be submitted electronically, filtered, then passed to Mike to present to Coach.

Pretty simple if you ask me.

And if anyone is listening, I will gladly volunteer my services to gather the information and present to the next rung up the ladder.

The show will improve 10 fold the first week.

Thanks for listening, I'll hang up and listen off the air.
                If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
                  Well played @Rixtoy1:... you 'one-upped' me there. :)
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                  X