WSU Baseball vs ECU: ​

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to get tougher to find parking spot for basketball games at WSU..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    I agree, it's nice to see some new big steps going forward. One thought just came to mind though, if football WERE a long term priority AT ALL for Wichita State, wouldn't preserving the lot closest to the stadium be useful? Again, it seems to me that you can have both increased student housing and additional parking, with just a little bit of diligence.
    Yes, but wouldn't a parking garage (maybe 2) solve part of the problem? Good points @KungWu
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      Yes, but wouldn't a parking garage (maybe 2) solve part of the problem? Good points @KungWu
      Dunno. Maybe. Depends on the net loss an/or gain of stalls and rules around who gets to use it I guess.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I agree, it's nice to see some new big steps going forward. One thought just came to mind though, if football WERE a long term priority AT ALL for Wichita State, wouldn't preserving the lot closest to the stadium be useful? Again, it seems to me that you can have both increased student housing and additional parking, with just a little bit of diligence.
        Depends if they want to eventually build a new football stadium and will use the golf course for that.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          Depends if they want to eventually build a new football stadium and will use the golf course for that.
          True. Or not worry about it and let some future administration figure that out. :)

Comment

True. Or not worry about it and let some future administration figure that out. :)
            It not like that has never happened in other scenarios throughout history...."What the hell were they thinking when they built this here?"

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
              I disagree that the parking lot south of the football stadium is the ideal place for them. For one, it will look silly to have dorms right on top of our football stadium (even if we don't use it)
              Hmmm! Kind of makes you wonder were the new Cessna Parking Garage will be located doesn't it.

Comment

Maybe they just want to make it easy for the students to walk to the football games.:smile-new:

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                  I think my odds are more like this... .00000175, but who's counting.

T

...:cool:
                  okay, lets round up - 0%

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                    I agree with the need for new dorms. I disagree that the parking lot south of the football stadium is the ideal place for them. For one, it will look silly to have dorms right on top of our football stadium (even if we don't use it). For another, that parking lot is the largest one that is close to buildings, and is one of the most vital parking lots on campus.

Finally, it seems disingenuous to tell the students they are the priority, but then make the golf course a higher priority than student parking.
                    Until the 1980's, LSU's Tiger Stadium had dorms built INTO the stadium. It was a very popular dorm.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                      Until the 1980's, LSU's Tiger Stadium had dorms built INTO the stadium. It was a very popular dorm.
                      My guess is vibrating beds were free of charge on game day!

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                        Maybe they just want to make it easy for the students to walk to the football games.:smile-new:
                        Actually this made me wonder ... would they sell beer at football games if we had football in, say, 2020?

Comment

Working...
                        X