Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to get tougher to find parking spot for basketball games at WSU..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to get tougher to find parking spot for basketball games at WSU..

Looks like the parking lot South of Koch Arena is going to go away and a new dorm will be built there. http://www.kwch.com/news/kwch-new-wi...,1252029.story .. Interesting enough, while attending classes at WSU a Sociology teacher of mine explained to our class that at one point the university was considering demoing Cessna Stadium and making it a parking lot, so obviously that idea has been scrapped. This is not going to help the current parking problem at WSU at all though and should make it even more interesting to find a parking spot if you are trying to attend a shocker basketball game. I still say the golf course should be turned into a parking lot.

Wichita State as been spoiled by the ample parking it has on campus. I have visited many Metro universities and had to park MILES away and take buses, taxi's, or walk.

This is not as huge of a deal as people make it out to be.

Comment

Also going to be a parking garage...

http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...g-out-for-bids.

Comment

I'm not parking my car across the street on Hillside.. lol.. And I'm not walking a mile down Hillside at night either.

Comment

I never had an issue walking from the baseball field, but that was many many years ago.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Dude. Parking garage.

Comment

People consider parking at WSU to be bad, but it's definitely worse at other places. Even college towns like Manhattan have some of the worst parking problems ever. Like you get a ticket for parking just about anywhere for longer than 30 minutes or if you don't have a permit. If the parking garage is added, it won't be that bad. Granted, that garage will probably be used solely by the students who will be living at the new dorm anyway. I will be fine because I will always park at Phi Delt anyway ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                Wichita State as been spoiled by the ample parking it has on campus. I have visited many Metro universities and had to park MILES away and take buses, taxi's, or walk.

This is not as huge of a deal as people make it out to be.
                Wichitans, in general, sometimes don't understand how good they have it. There was a similar "crisis" when IBA was going up.

Good for the university.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

There's never been a parking problem at WSU. Instead, there's been a lazy people problem.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

While not so much fun on a bitterly cold night, most of the time it is just fine to park over south of the engineering complex and enjoy the walk across campus. I usually try and get there early enough to park at the University Methodist lot myself, though that may not be available on Wednesday evening if they are having activities at the church.

When I was a grad student at the University of South Florida back in the mid 90s, with about 35,000 students enrolled (nowadays nearly 50,000), now THAT was some tough parking. I was lucky that my academic building was a bit off the beaten path and that I usually got there by 8:30 every morning. Plus the fee for the parking tag was about $50 a semester to have a "hunting license". It can get packed up in the closer lots at WSU on game nights and on mornings during class, but most of the time there are spots to be found if you're willing to hoof it a bit.
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                      I'm not parking my car across the street on Hillside.. lol.. And I'm not walking a mile down Hillside at night either.
                      I've parked acrossed Hillside on Stadium St for well over 10 years and never had a problem. In fact, just the opposite, the neighbors often come out to say hi before and after games.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                        I've parked acrossed Hillside on Stadium St for well over 10 years and never had a problem. In fact, just the opposite, the neighbors often come out to say hi before and after games.
                        I have never had a problem parking across Hillside except for one time...

I parked in an open spot in front of a home. I noticed in my rearview mirror that a "local" was sitting in a truck behind me watching me intently. I got out of my car and walked up to his truck and asked him if there was a problem with me parking there. He looked straight at me and said, "it's awwnnn you". I said, "excuse me?" He repeated, "it's awwnnn you." I stared at him for a moment, then looked back at my car, then looked back at him.

I decided to park somewhere else.

T

...:cool:

Comment

I think this is great news. We can't have football or get into a major conference without a boost in on campus student population. I wonder if and when we do bring football back and have to renovate or tear down and build a new football stadium, do you think they are taking that into consideration when planning this "phase"?

Comment

Football is not coming back
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                              Football is not coming back
                              I agree and it also why Wichita State is a perpetual member of the Missouri Valley Conference.
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X