• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We win. They don't.

Comment

WU WheatShocks - 72
      TU Skelly Oil Slick- 58

After this, going to need Baker, Cotton, Wessel, and Cle from three. Cause it looks like it's going to get a lot tougher.
      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

It has become abundantly clear to me that I suck at predictions, as I haven't even been close once this season. So against my better judgement, here's another whiff:

WTF, Hurricanes in OK?? -- 58
        Appropriately named team -- 65
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Paul Suellentrop‏@PaulSuellentrop Ehimen Orukpe in a walking boot on his right ankle today. He said he wasn't sure about playing Wednesday. Seems unlikely to me.
          This just in per Sully tweet. Let's make sure EO gets fully recovered. My guess is Carl will move to the 5 to start the game and Cle will start at the 4 and jump center. Jake and CJ need to be ready to aborb some additional minutes.

Comment

Pretty young Tulsa team:

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Here are this year's stats - schedule so far not great:

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

I see Steve Woodberry moved over from Missouri State to join Manning's staff.

Shocks sure can't afford to stub their toe in this game and I don't think they will even sans EO.

Looking for Ron Baker to regain his form at least to some degree and I hope Nick Wiggins can continue to get good minutes and continue to grow.

Hopefully, the Shocks will bring a high level of intensity on defense. Something this young Tulsa team probably has not experienced much to date.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 26, 2012, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Shockers 78
              Tulsa 52

Comment

Tulsa pre-game prep ....

Various clips from 1985 Wichita State vs. Tulsa regular season game at Levitt Arena and various clips from the 1987 Wichita State vs. Tulsa MVC title game fr...

Comment

I believe Ehimen will start. After all, I'm sure I read somewhere in the EO thread that he killed a lion with his bare hands at the age of 10.

However, if he doesn't, won't it be nice to be able to replace him with a guy that had 25 and 9 the last game.

My prediction is that Danny leaves our arena in the same fashion as he did in 1987, as a loser.

75-57
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

This is a great opportunty to get Lufile some minutes - if he can avoid fouling out. Lufile needs all the minutes he can get right now.

White has played a few minutes at center this year. There's another guy who could use some court time. We'll be fine without EO. Tulsa's big guys aren't among the stronger post players we've faced this year. Air Force is another team without a strong post presence. If we're going to have a big guy go down for a few games, this is the best time it could happen.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Losing by 16 at home against SFA isn't much of a credential, and their schedule is pretty amazing so far: who ARE a couple of those teams TU has played? Still, this is no time for overconfidence -- any win is a good win, although some are much better than others. Let's hope this is one of the better ones.

Comment

On paper this Tulsa team looks very similar to this year's Missouri State team. Not great size. Not a lot of experience but some young talent. Makes them very unpredictable.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          On paper this Tulsa team looks very similar to this year's Missouri State team. Not great size. Not a lot of experience but some young talent. Makes them very unpredictable.
                          So a mid range D-2 school?

Comment

Would like to put this one away early. Can't let there young guys gain confidence.

sHoX 70
                            Tulsa 50

Comment

I hope EO can play at least a few minutes so he doesn't have almost two weeks between appearances, but I am looking forward to getting the first extended look at Lufile.
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

By the way, I asked Chadrack how he pronounces his last name, and 3G says it correctly, but most announcers have not. It is "loo - FEEL" and not "loof- aisle"
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X