WSU versus Tulsa Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU versus Tulsa Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. This old Series brings back vivid memories. Being Black Friday makes this a great day to remember some various black and yellow memoirs. Tom Kosich gets the 'tip in' that was 'heard around the basketball world.' David Kyles gets hot the first half at Intrust Arena and lights up the scoreboard like a Christmas tree. Danny Manning comes to 21st and Hillside many moons ago with his "Miracles to be" but KU loses and Danny only scores 12, but later, around the following Season, wins the National Championship versus Billy Tubbs and Company. Tulsa was smart in hiring Mr. Manning but this is our yad. The games are always tough between Tulsa and WSU no matter who is picked to win. The old saying goes something like this--"you sow the Golden Hurricane and you will reap the Black and Yellow Whirlwind. " Can u dig it? Grrooovy Graaavy.

3G and his 12 'hair on fire' defenders--73

Danny and his golden hurricane----- 59
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Shox - 84

Canes - 70
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

WU - 78
      TU - 62

Comment

Some time in the next three games our offense is gonna put it all together for an entire contest. I don't think it's this one though.

WSU 73,
        Tulsa 56

Comment

WSU - 74
          Tulsa - 62
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Historically, this has always been a tough game.

Shocks 76
            Canes 71

Comment

Prediction:

Even though it's Wednesday, if this place isn't PACKED, and I mean my trousers after yesterday's dinner packed, expect an obscenity laced tirade from yours truly after the game.

What else does this team need to do?

Comment

I think this is likely to be a tough win. It was likely to be a tough game from the day it was scheduled. An inexperienced team can have a letdown (overconfidence) after a big win. If the Shox play the wy they did against WCC or Howard, they lose this game.

I'll go with 68-64 Shox in a game every bit that close throughout the whole game.

That could be way too pessimistic. I checked Tulsa's roster. Their bigs go 6'8" Fr, 6'7" RS Fr, 6'7" Fr, 6'7" So (18 points, 15 rebounds, 6 blocks in 22 games last year - that's his season totals), 6'7" Fr, 6'7" Sr (1st year at Tulsa, trfr from Northeastern, where he averaged 4.6 points and 3.2 boards for his career).

Manning is supposed to be an outstanding big man coach, but that's not a lot of material to work with.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  I checked Tulsa's roster. Their bigs go 6'8" Fr, 6'7" RS Fr, 6'7" Fr, 6'7" So (18 points, 15 rebounds, 6 blocks in 22 games last year - that's his season totals), 6'7" Fr, 6'7" Sr (1st year at Tulsa, trfr from Northeastern, where he averaged 4.6 points and 3.2 boards for his career).

Manning is supposed to be an outstanding big man coach, but that's not a lot of material to work with.
                  Wow, nice feedback. Yeah, they are super young.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

82 to 74 Da Shoxs
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

For Tulsa's schedule, go here: http://www.tulsahurricane.com/sports/m-baskbl/sched/tuls-m-baskbl-sched.html

Tulsa plays three Valley teams this year as follows: Shockers, Blue Birds, Bars.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

WSU 100
                        Tulsa 40
                        :D
                        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316 View Post
                          WSU 100
                          Tulsa 40
                          :D
                          Ehimen goes for 28 points, 25 boards, 13 blocks, 5 steals and 3 assists with no turnovers!
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            Ehimen goes for 28 points, 25 boards, 13 blocks, 5 steals and 3 assists with no turnovers!
                            For the season? :D
                            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              I'd be more comfortable predicting 28 boards, 25 blocks, 13 points, 5 steal and 3 assists. But that's just me.

In reality though, no way someone on the WSU scorer's table ever credits a Shocker with more than 4 blocks.

Comment

Working...
                              X