***OFFICIAL*** Howard Bame Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
    He said Mal was cleared to play but wasn't planning on playing since he had been ill. Said that MA didn't think that Howard (or WCU) was worth the effort and that he thought it better to rest up for the real games. Coach wants 5-8 players that want to play every game.
    Are you sure Mal said those words?

If so, those kind of words do not go down easy with any competitive coach.

An example: "I don't feel like playing today. I have a headache."
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      I heard what I heard, and coach called Armstead a p*****.
      That sounds like p*ssy? Am I correct?
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• I think it is safe to say that Malcolm is in the dog house.

"The players’ attitude perturbed Marshall. He pointed out senior Malcolm Armstead’s decision not to return to the game after five minutes because he was nursing a cold.

“Why he didn’t play permeates the whole setting of the game,” Marshall said. “Howard is struggling. And then, because I told them that, because I told them the truth, Malcolm says, ‘I think I’m going to sit this one out because I want to get ready for the trip.’ So that’s the mindset for the game.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2012/11/17/257...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
          Are you sure Mal said those words?

If so, those kind of words do not go down easy with any competitive coach.

An example: "I don't feel like playing today. I have a headache."
          I'm just paraphrasing what coach said in the post game. I think he was using Mal as the example of what he perceives as an issue with this team. They beat VCU and now they think that they can whoop folks by just going through the motions.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• If you liked turnovers, fouls & freethrows more than FG's, this game was for you. WSU had little motion, little dribble-drive & 3 point shooting. Get ready for Valley play. When WSU loses, they are too dependant on 3's that aren't falling.
            Phi Alpha

Comment

• Where is Suellentrop?
              In the fast lane

Comment

• Probably sunning in cancun

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  We have yet to win the second half of a game.
                  That's what I was saying during the game. Would have really liked to see this team come out of the locker room and play well in the 2nd half. Looks like it's gonna have to start in Cancun. Hopefully Coach can use today as a wake up call heading to Mexico.

Comment

• I can appreciate the fact that Armstead wanted to get well before Cancun. It's very hard for a team to grow when you play a turd like we did today. I'm kind of surprised that HCGM is making such a big deal out of it. When you are playing a horrible team, why question your starting point guard if he feels ill? There was no way we lose this game today, but there is a chance that Armstead could either increase the length or severity of his "cold". Why does it matter against Howard? Had Armstead sat out with a minor illness during an important game, then we have a problem.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                      I can appreciate the fact that Armstead wanted to get well before Cancun. It's very hard for a team to grow when you play a turd like we did today. I'm kind of surprised that HCGM is making such a big deal out of it. When you are playing a horrible team, why question your starting point guard if he feels ill? There was no way we lose this game today, but there is a chance that Armstead could either increase the length or severity of his "cold". Why does it matter against Howard? Had Armstead sat out with a minor illness during an important game, then we have a problem.

T

Perhaps the younger, more impressionable players knew that Mal was okay to play. If you let MA slide then you send the wrong message to the team. That being said, HCGM made this a public spectacle (which is kinda his MO) when he didn't HAVE to. I am interested to see how the team responds. Will be interesting.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                        I can appreciate the fact that Armstead wanted to get well before Cancun. It's very hard for a team to grow when you play a turd like we did today. I'm kind of surprised that HCGM is making such a big deal out of it. When you are playing a horrible team, why question your starting point guard if he feels ill? There was no way we lose this game today, but there is a chance that Armstead could either increase the length or severity of his "cold". Why does it matter against Howard? Had Armstead sat out with a minor illness during an important game, then we have a problem.

T

Armstead is a Senior and considered one of the leaders of this young team. Instead, he pulls a I'm too sick to play excuse. The doctor's cleared him didn't they? I think GM is more upset that the Senior and leader of this team, pulled himself out of the game like he had no care in the world. Be a leader and keep it real with GM. Talk to him about how you feel and ask GM to consider giving you a lighter load or a break. Don't take it upon yourself to make that decision, its GM's. You don't pull that crap in front of impressionable young newcomers to the team. Do you think this is what happened? I'm speculating here.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                            Where is Suellentrop?
                            He's busy hard pumping up BCS schools.. his constant mantra.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                              He's busy hard pumping up BCS schools.. his constant mantra.
                              ????

Comment

• Anyone know where we can find the pre-intro video or what the song is?

Comment

Working...
                                X