No announcement yet.

***OFFICIAL*** Howard Bame Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He said Mal was cleared to play but wasn't planning on playing since he had been ill. Said that MA didn't think that Howard (or WCU) was worth the effort and that he thought it better to rest up for the real games. Coach wants 5-8 players that want to play every game.
    Last edited by wufan; November 17, 2012, 07:05 PM.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• It was also noted that he sat on the bench with a box of Kleenex under his chair. Not sure if Mal brought them or Coach gave them to him to send a message.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Basically he said that Malcolm didn't feel like playin. Somethin about Malcolm had asked the team doctor or trainer or whatever to tell Coach he was sick. The answer was......"I can't tell Coach that, you don't have a fever." For 10 years, driving home, we listen to Kennedy's after-the-game report, never heard of anything like this. Coach kept them in the locker room for maybe 30 min. Never even let DW do his player of the game interview.

Comment

• Cleared to play and feeling like playing are two different things. He gave it a go...didn't feel right. It shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

• Wow.

Comment

• box

Comment

• People are reading WAYYYY to much into this Armstead thing. I guarantee he is not "deep in the doghouse." Did coach challenge his senior point guard? Yes. Deep in doghouse? No. Malcolm will respond and be fine. He has a great head on his shoulders and is a competitor.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                  People are reading WAYYYY to much into this Armstead thing. I guarantee he is not "deep in the doghouse." Did coach challenge his senior point guard? Yes. Deep in doghouse? No. Malcolm will respond and be fine. He has a great head on his shoulders and is a competitor.
                  I heard what I heard, and coach called Armstead a p*****.

Comment

• Marshall was unhappy with his team, and particularly his team leader. He has issued a challenge. The team will respond.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      3-point shooting
                      Baker, Wessel, and Wiggins - 6/13
                      Everybody else - 1/9
                      Maybe that should be clue for others to quit jacking up so much outside crap. Yeah, they zoned us, but we could have actually attacked it more.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum View Post
                        Whatever you do, don't go to MVCFans and suggest that MEAC/SWAC teams shouldn't be allowed to be division 1. Reverened Wright.... errr AceDad has a complete meltdown. Unbeleivable what a supposed moderator gets away with on that forum.
                        That's pathetic. He's still on that shtick? Another reason why that place sucked - moderators with little to no clue about anything.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          It was also noted that he sat on the bench with a box of Kleenex under his chair. Not sure if Mal brought them or Coach gave them to him to send a message.
                          If true, that's a hell of a message.

I dunno if it should be funny but I kinda got a chuckle out of it. Let's hope MA responds well with Marshall's teaching lessons.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Very blah game. The end of the first half was nice and probably the difference in the game. Second half sucked. No flow, no passion, really no basketball. Just butt ugly.

D-Will was the lone bright spot. I wish he could consistently bring that effort every game.

We have yet to win the second half of a game. Dunno if that's concerning or meaningless at this point. I guess the important thing is we're 4-0 and heading to Mexico. Need a sweep there.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum View Post
                              Whatever you do, don't go to MVCFans.
                              Fixed.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Fixed.
                                Was that you or Kai on the videoboard today?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X