***OFFICIAL*** Howard Bame Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
    He's busy hard pumping up BCS schools.. his constant mantra.
    Ummmmm....

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      ????
      !!!

I wish I had a dollar for every time Trop downgraded Wichita State vis a vis BCS and all that bullsh*t. He's the worst about it around here, in the media (after Lutz, of course).

Comment

!!!

I wish I had a dollar for every time Trop downgraded Wichita State vis a vis BCS and all that bullsh*t. He's the worst about it around here, in the media (after Lutz, of course).
        I always thought he was pretty fair. Can you give me specifics? Not saying you're wrong just haven't seen it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          I always thought he was pretty fair. Can you give me specifics? Not saying you're wrong just haven't seen it.
          What? You really have to ask? Maurice Evans escaped from Wichita State, his exact words, is about the last thing I read from him (a month or so ago). His whole thing, in nearly every article, is that Shockers are mid-major.

Hey, Paul, young fella.. it's D-1 basketball. You're lucky to be covering Wichita State.

Comment

• Sully's a pretty great beat writer. What a bizarre attack.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
              Sully's a pretty great beat writer. What a bizarre attack.
              He's terrible.

Yeah, he puts in the hours, but he is bcs-centric like espn.

Comment

He's terrible.

You better throw out specific examples before you spout something like that. Never have I read anything from Sully that was less than fair, and never have I heard anyone say anything like this in all the years he's been covering us. I think he does a fantastic job.

Comment

• The I'm to good to compete against these loser so I should just get the night off so I can face opponents more worthy of my talents is never going to fly with Marshall. Armstead just got a prime seat in the doghouse and maybe the time sitting the pine he needs to recover from the sniffles.

I haven't noted the local beat writer being such a pro-BCS tool. I just don't see it. Now Lulz is another matter,

Comment

He's terrible.

Totally off base. Sully's good. As to your example about Mo Evans (which I didn't read), there was some internal strife at WSU, specifically between Evans and Smithson. I'm sure if someone was telling the story from Evan's perspective then "escaped" was an appropriate word.

Sully is not a BCSer, as least not in his writing.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

He's terrible.

Shockernet has some odd gripes, but I can usually understand the perspective. This is completely out of left field. Maybe you have a bias that should be examined?

Comment

• Shox typically struggle with the zone. Our losses in recent years are when they settle for too many 3's & miss. But... this team really seems to be playing down. They've gad a busy week, get a decent lead & look like they want to go home. The real problem is being disinterested when they could learn to close.
                        Phi Alpha

Comment

Working...
                        X