***OFFICIAL*** Howard Bame Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum View Post
    Whatever you do, don't go to MVCFans and suggest that MEAC/SWAC teams shouldn't be allowed to be division 1. Reverened Wright.... errr AceDad has a complete meltdown. Unbeleivable what a supposed moderator gets away with on that forum.
    Yeah he is very annoying
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I saw that he deleted the whole thread.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
        I saw that he deleted the whole thread.
        He didn't delete it; MVC Chris did.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum View Post
          Whatever you do, don't go to MVCFans and suggest that MEAC/SWAC teams shouldn't be allowed to be division 1. Reverened Wright.... errr AceDad has a complete meltdown. Unbeleivable what a supposed moderator gets away with on that forum.
          Also saw that.

When did he become such a race-baiting douchebag? He used to be a pretty good poster on the old ValleyTalk when I still paid attention....like 8 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
            Damn sloppy! Opponents will be zoning us all year. We need to work on hitting the intermediate and three point shot. Lots of time to improve.
            I don't agree with that (lots of time to improve). That's why I said time is of the essence in the prediction thread. If the Shockers expect to win the MVC regular season title, they need to double time their grasp of the offense. Farther, faster. PDQ. The Valley is really experienced across the board this season (CU, IlSU, DU, UNI, even EU), and they WILL pick at Shockers lack of experience (i.e. playing together in game situations) all season long. The VCU game doesn't make me suddenly pick WSU to win the MVC regular season title.

Comment

1. Williams is a jet.

2. FVV is a loooong way from ready.

3. Chadrack is a helluva athlete. He seems to love to dribble.

4. Baker is a lot stronger than you think.

5. White did some good things today, his limitations were also exposed.

6. We will see a lot of zone from here on.

7. Armstead is deep in the doghouse.

8. Wiggins loafed getting back. This is not how you get more minutes from HCGM.

9. Early kinda disappeared. That surprised me.

10. If I am ever in a barfight, I want Cotton, Baker, Hall, and Wessel with me.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                If I am ever in a barfight, I want Cotton, Baker, Hall, and Wessel with me.
                You do seem like a trouble maker, you know!!!

Comment

you wanna make sumthin of it???????????????

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                    I don't agree with that (lots of time to improve). That's why I said time is of the essence in the prediction thread. If the Shockers expect to win the MVC regular season title, they need to double time their grasp of the offense. Farther, faster. PDQ. The Valley is really experienced across the board this season (CU, IlSU, DU, UNI, even EU), and they WILL pick at Shockers lack of experience (i.e. playing together in game situations) all season long. The VCU game doesn't make me suddenly pick WSU to win the MVC regular season title.
                    Yes, we do have time. We have nearly 6 weeks before our fist MVC game. This is still November! I think the general consensus was that we will be better in Jan/Feb than Nov/Dec. I think that is definitely still the case and I have faith that HCGM will get them where they need to be.

Remember, this is their 3rd game in only 5 days. The first game was against a team that I think everyone was "up" for and ready for the game. Followed by two games w/ WCar and Howard. Two teams that don't nearly strike fear in the hearts of the players and I think there was a let down. (Obviously, HCGM isn't happy w/ their latest effort and i think he will immediately rectify that.)

Regarding our play against the zone. Looking at who we've played recently this is the first team who really played any zone. Seeing we only had one day in between games to get ready for Howard, I doubt a lot of time has been spent on our zone offense.

We still have 2 more games to play in the next 4 days. Personally, I think we might be a little flat in those, too. However, I could be wrong w/ HCGM sounding like he's going to light a fire up everyone's a$$.

After Wednesday, we have 7 days until our next game and between 5 and 7 days between each of our next 5 games. HCGM will get plenty of time teach this team the areas we need to improve on. He has a lot of film he'll be able to use from these last few games.

Lastly, we're worried about a game we won by 19 points. I game we lead by 20+ points for most of the second half and we played like crap! I think we will be OK.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

10. If I am ever in a barfight, I want Cotton, Baker, Hall, and Wessel with me.
                      I'm gonna suggest that you add Chadrack to your list. That man is all man.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

you wanna make sumthin of it???????????????
                        Name the place and time...I will have Cotton, Baker, Hall, Wessel and now CL (thanks RDR) there waitin!!!
                        I'll show you buster!!!

Comment

• Regarding bar fights...

Cotton and DWill are on a completely separate planet physically from Wessel and Baker.

Check yourself.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• I would suspect there is some illness making it's way through the Shocker roster right now. Let's slow down on all the dog house projections based on one game. This is the time of year when a Shocker or two is always sick.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• You didn't hear Coach?

Comment

You didn't hear Coach?
                                What did he say?

Comment

Working...
                                X