No announcement yet.

Shockervision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio is working with the game now - but the video is really sad.

Comment

It sucks, and the administration has never really shown any real interest in making it better.

Comment

Anyone know the number to the complaint line. This may have been the worst nite of Shockervision ever. I'm not usually one to complain about anything - but it was horrible tonite

Comment

Call or email AD Sexton and rip his azz good!
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            Call or email AD Sexton and rip his azz good!
            Bingo. Everybody who commented on this thread needs to send the AD an email. I guarantee you if that happened, someone would take notice (well, I'd assume). Hell, I don't have SV but I'll gladly send an email as well.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              I think it's as good of quality as their equipment is capable of. If that's the case, they need to upgrade, bad. Please do that before spending money on ribbon boards. PLEASE!
              Is ribbon board actually an option? How would that be done in a basically single tier stadium?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
                  Is ribbon board actually an option? How would that be done in a basically single tier stadium?
                  The plan I heard is to put one section above each entrance, I guess replacing those static, back-lit ad signs.

Comment

The plan I heard is to put one section above each entrance, I guess replacing those static, back-lit ad signs.
                    Yeah, that is the "plan" as I understand it. It won't be a full ribbon that goes around the whole arena.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I have an email ready to send. Who should get it besides AD Sexton?

Comment

I have an email ready to send. Who should get it besides AD Sexton?
                        I'd recommend a Cc: to Becky Endicott & Darron Boatright

Comment

I sent the following note. I'll see what, if any response I get.

First, I just want to say how grateful I am that ShockerVision is available for those of us who can only get to a few games a year or live out of town. And it's great getting to hear Mike Kennedy's voice synced up to the video and not have to watch arena video board graphics while the game is going on. Thank you for the work the department has done thus far.

That said, I think it's time to upgrade the video quality to at least meet the current standard of live, streaming video feeds among college athletics. Having watched numerous games on ESPN3, Three Rivers CC (when Ehimen Orukpe was there) and the women's game at Arkansas State last night, I felt somewhat embarassed and dissatisfied with the video quality of WSU's feed. It's clearly a couple of years behind the curve.

I liken this issue to how Coach Marshall views recruiting. He said, "recruiting is like shaving . . . miss one day and you look like a bum". When it comes to the quality of our video feed, Wichita State is looking like a bum.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Comment

Can you imagine the frustration from parents? If I paid for this service and was trying to watch my son or daughter play, Iā€™d be as mad as a wet hen.

Comment

My diplomatic yet constructive email was sent this morning. We'll see what kind of response it gets. I even went so far to make a donation pledge if they would have HD streaming by the start of the 2013 season.

Comment

I sent an email to AD Sexton immediately after the game and got a response within 10 minutes. See repsonse below. I then repsonded that i appreciated him looking into it, and asked what is the best way for me to monitor the issue, no repsonse yet. The repsonse came at 9:44 pm.

Thank you for your support and your note. I am going to follow up with my staff on this issue to be sure we are working to meet or exceed your expectations.

Thanks again!

On Nov 15, 2012, at 9:31 PM,
                                Hello Mr. Sexton,

I am writing to find out if there is something that can be done about the quality of the video stream that we receive via shockervision.tv. The quality is, in my humble opinion, barely watchable, and appears to be behind other schools. As an example, I clicked over to the women Shockers vs. Arkansas St. game, and the video quality was SIGNIFICANTLY better. I think WSU has a lot to offer, and this inadequate service, that we do pay for, appears to not be in line with the high quality image that WSU has in academics, athletics, the arts, etc. I would appreciate it if the university could find a way to provide a higher quality video stream.

Thank you for all that you do in the stewardship of our athletic department,

Sincerely,

Comment

Working...
                                X