As of Mid-May 2024 --- Roster has been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

Pin, is our bigs on the finalized squad tall and skilled enough for you now?
    Better. I wish we another, but he certainly recognized the squad's weakness.

Comment

• Comment

• Traded out Pohto for Meeks, Abidde for Corey Washington, and Germany for Matej. And added a true PG from SEC known for his defense. Plus 2 great high school recruits. You can’t tell me we aren’t already winning.

Comment

• I was overly optimistic last year. I don't think I will be this year by predicting a top-4 finish in the league. I'm thinking there's potential for Mills to be considered for AAC CoY. He's going to have to get a newly assembled group playing like they've been playing together a few years.

Washington has been borderline elite at getting to the hoop, scoring inside the arc and getting to the FT line. He's spending the summer working on his shooting from 3. If he can raise his historic 30% he's got a shot at all conference recognition. If Ballard can develop any kind of shooting potential other than dunks he's another potential all conference guy. He's also a potential G League or NBA guy. If Ballard gets NBA looks, Acy will become an elite recruiter of post players.

If Ballard can make half the level of improvement he made last off season, he will get NBA looks.

Even at 30%, Washington can't be ignored on the arc. Meeks demands attention there. McGinnis has to be defended beyond the arc. With that spread of the defense, Hill feeding Ballard or Bosnjak provides a lot of scoring opportunities. The post players are going to have to be aware and capable of finding and feeding a 3-point shooter.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Balkans seem to have worked out better for us than Baltics.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• My expectations on the overall recruits we signed far exceeded what I originally thought. Especially, the types of players that would excel in the HCPM System versus the players that moved on. Now we will see how our Shocks apply these upgrades on paper to wins on the court. Never do I want to wish my life away, but I'm excited for Shocker B-ball to begin. Hopefully, Paul S. does player podcasts after summer ball to ignite even more fan interest.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                There is that number 11 again.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• So the real question is… do we think this is enough of a roster to get us to the tourney?

i would assume Mills is confident of that, by the way he’s stacking senior after senior on this team…

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                    So the real question is… do we think this is enough of a roster to get us to the tourney?

i would assume Mills is confident of that, by the way he’s stacking senior after senior on this team…
                    I still think this is at best an NIT team. Though I've gone from thinking they have a shot at the NIT to if they don't get to the NIT they've under-performed.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Gonna come down to team chemistry and how quick our new guys can figure it out

Comment

• I've been mentioning chemistry for a while now. It's not easy getting players to truly like one another when they are in direct competition for PT. I've been there and I've seen it with others. Practices should be pretty intense. With so many seniors it's now or never for most of them. There are going to be some disappointed players that don't get the minutes they feel they deserve. Of course, this happens every season but we seem to have a very balanced roster now with nearly every player a legit candidate to play meaningful minutes. It's going to be a tough balancing act for PM. Good news is we are likely to have real depth.

Returners - QB, RD, HB, XB and BC
                        New - MB, Meeks, Washington, McGinnis and Hill
                        Which team would win? Pretty hard to say and what about the others I've left out?

Comment

• We don’t know Jack about these recruits and how they will compete in the AAC. Alright to be wishful thinkers but we’ll know nothing til the real games start. Right now we just have several seasons of dashed hopes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            Gonna come down to team chemistry and how quick our new guys can figure it out
                            HCPM seems to be the type of guy that would excel in the chemistry/team building department. If that's our biggest concern, we're sittin pretty.

Probably the complexity of his system is going to be the biggest threat for how far we can go.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I am trying to be cautiously optimistic for next season. But we undoubtedly have a better roster at this point than we did at the beginning of last season. How much we accomplish remains to be seen, but I'm seeing it as a positive step in the right direction and nothing more until proven otherwise.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• If the player most culpable -ahem- in making really bad decisions is at the end of the bench rather than running the point the team is automatically better. Doubtless.

Comment

Working...
                                X