No announcement yet.

As of Mid-May 2024 --- Roster has been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think this is about as good of a late addition as WSU could get. Very pleased with the results of this recruiting cycle and overall improvement of the roster.

Three things I like about this particular player (based on what I've read so far, which isn't much to be fair):

1- Should be able to compete for minutes right away (22 years old, playing 20mpg in a quality pro league with former NBA players)
    2- Bosnjak offers a different kind of game from Quincy Ballard (back-to-the-basket skillset, can shoot a bit, has playmaking ability)
    3- This addition likely allows Meeks to play more at the 4, which could allow Washington (who I am high on) to play more at the 3 (pending an improved 3 point shot)

Bonus like: HCPM should have an embarrassment of depth and lineup options next season. Time to show off his coaching chops.

Comment

• warning for returning players - you have competition this year.
      DeGray - hope you're working on your game, rebounding and 3 point shooting, bring more energy
      Cortes - cut down on turnovers and become a more reliable shooter and finisher at the basket
      Bell - find an outside shot, cut down on turnovers, take the blinders off this year and pass the ball from the drive
      Beverly - find an outside shot, there was a small stretch where you hit a few, expand on that, stop the cross court bounce passes

Comment

• I like what I saw on the highlight video posted by shocks02 on the recruiting thread:

He does look more like a legit post player than Zane Meeks does allowing Meeks to get most of his minutes at the 4.

Comment

• If you also want your highlights tape, check my Instagram profile (link in channel bio)Music:ASAP Rocky - Praise the Lord Tyga - Taste

Apologies if this has been posted already.

Maybe a shorter-poor man's McLovin from FAU?

Comment

• PS Anyone from Zagreb is ok in my book.

Comment

• It's a solid roster. The ten guys below are all grown men, most of which have proven to play D1 ball at a high level. Where we might be lacking is the top-end talent, first or second team all-conference types. I could see that being Quincy, Justin, or Corey. We'll have to see. If any of the three freshman or Joy can crack that rotation, watch out.

Rotation players (10):
              Justin Hill
              Bijan Cortes
              Xavier Bell
              AJ McGinnis
              Harlond Beverly
              Corey Washington
              Ronnie DeGray
              Zane Meeks
              Matej Bosnjak
              Quincy Ballard

Waiting in the wings (4):
              Zion Pipkin
              TJ Williams
              Yanis Bamba
              Joy Ighovodja
              Last edited by shocks02; June 19, 2024, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Do we know what class these players are?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEcVIYk_SOI

Apologies if this has been posted already.

Maybe a shorter-poor man's McLovin from FAU?
                  Now thats an inside big man. No dancing around to get his shot. He just positions and posts well and makes a quick move and goes hard. This guy is not a backup, he's a player who will contribute greatly.

Comment

• His game does show a little bit of past Big Man Yugoslavian Shocker flavor. Not a jumper, shot blocker, or outside shooter, but decent athlete and solid low post player/rebounder/defender. Zarko Part Deux?

Zarko Durisic

Position: Center
                    6-10 (208cm)
                    School: Wichita State (Men)

SUMMARY
                    Career

G 89
                    PTS 6.4
                    TRB 4.4
                    AST 1.3
                    FG% 49.0
                    FT% 67.2

Comment

• OK, I'm not a Mills fan (oh really?), but this is a pretty damn good off-season.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        OK, I'm not a Mills fan (oh really?), but this is a pretty damn good off-season.
                        Agreed. These last 2 signing have fit the trend of the rest. No home runs, but all solid doubles and triples that all fit the needs extremely well. Mills built a plan of what we needed and got solid players for every area. I can look at the roster and not see a single person that is a for sure all-conference player but also look at the roster and not see any glaring holes. He's going to have the talent to mold a TEAM for sure.

Infinitely better than last years team. If they can click, They should definitely be in the conversation as a tourney team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

His game does show a little bit of past Big Man Yugoslavian Shocker flavor. Not a jumper, shot blocker, or outside shooter, but decent athlete and solid low post player/rebounder/defender. Zarko Part Deux?

Zarko Durisic

Position: Center
                          6-10 (208cm)
                          School: Wichita State (Men)

SUMMARY
                          Career

G 89
                          PTS 6.4
                          TRB 4.4
                          AST 1.3
                          FG% 49.0
                          FT% 67.2

I will add (for those on here who are too young to know who Zarko is) that Zarko May have been the Center for the best Shocker team in history in 1983. 25-3

Comment

I will add (for those on here who are too young to know who Zarko is) that Zarko May have been the Center for the best Shocker team in history in 1983. 25-3
                            No. '83 was a really good team. Certainly a different era. Not close to 2014. Not as good as 2013. Top 10 all time at WSU? Sure. I know they finished top 15 in the AP, but what was that team's best win? Tulsa? Lost to top 20 Memphis (not that competitive) a really good New Orleans team that finished like 22-7 and ISU. Just nothing to say "they're great".

Comment

And Zarko is still the Director of International Player Personnel for the Timberwolves, something he has done since the late 90s. And how about his buddy from just that one season I believe, Zoran Radovic?
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• I was kind of hoping the signing of a 14th guy would really show us the NIL game has stepped up.

Certainly think it has, but idk how much it had to do with this signing.

Meeks almost has to be the walk on in this scenario, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X