Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaqtastic, Shaqaliscious, Shaqsational... Welcome to Wichita State Shaq!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaqtastic, Shaqaliscious, Shaqsational... Welcome to Wichita State Shaq!!

Originally posted by wufan View Post
    Morris is a quick jumper for his size.
    Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
    JT Durley part 2?
    Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    Well, 262 is a lot of pounds for a college PF. There have been plenty of guys who played center for money at that weight, some (like Wes Unseld, the king of the rebound and outlet pass) pretty well even though shorter than 6-8. How's Morris at getting the ball out for the break?
    Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    Most of the video shows a nice MVC type forward. At the 2:33 point, the video takes a decidedly BCS twist. My blood is pumping...

T

...:cool:
    Originally posted by shock View Post
    If HCGM lands this kid, enjoy the dunk contest this year, because its so long for the next four years
    Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
    IMO, Morris looks far more athletic than Durley.
    Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
    WTF! This guy's a HS senior? I would have bet my left nard he was a Juco with his size. To have his ups and size out of HS with Rosenboom patiently waiting for him in the weight room, I'm experiencing some blood pressure equalization problems below the belt if you know what I mean..

It's a great friggin' day to be a Shocker!

T

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    “(Morris) is an explosive and strong player that loves to finish with authority at the rim,” according to OKHoops.com’s evaluation. “Morris is also starting to develop a more consistent jumper … and an improved motor on both ends of the floor.”

Morris is named for former NBA star Shaquille O’Neal. His grandmother chose the name and Morris likes the comparison to one of the NBA’s top physical presences.

“It’s special,” he said. “I’m ready to bang. I’m going for every single rebound.”

Cowherd describes Morris as a back-to-the basket scorer who is naturally strong without much effort in the weight room. He is working on getting leaner and spending more time lifting, Cowherd said.

“Wichita State is getting a kid who is just now starting to tap into some of the physical promise he has,” Cowherd told Newsok.com. “He’s very explosive, and his quickness belies his size. He’s so physically strong, but he’s very quick, almost cat-quick at times. He’s very mobile, and he’s starting to tap into those tools.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2012/10/22/254...#storylink=cpy
    Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
    This kid already looks like a physically mature man. If he works hard he could be a monster! HCGM just keeps amazing me on the recruiting front!
    Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
    Reminds me of Glen "Big Baby" Davis
    Originally posted by shock View Post
    No. He is MUCH more athletic.
    Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
    He tweeted that the doctor says he will be 6'11" by the time he is done growing.
    Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    I think he would be more Shaq part 2 (the original).

Let it begin...

T

Big Diesel Part II
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Fan club: Wichita State Shaqers (works in so many ways)
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

But....where's Kobe?!

Comment

But....where's Kobe?!
          It's Shaq - not Shag.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

But....where's Kobe?!
            It's too Early to know for sure.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

ShaqAttack
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

The Big Shaqtus

Comment

Fan club theme song: Shaq the Monkey...AKA Creighton

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    It's Shaq - not Shag.
                    Did someone say Shag?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Shaqadocious, Baby!

Comment

The online home for Oklahoma Basketball Fans

Worlds Strongest Man Contestant?:
                        At the annual Athletes Combine in OKC this past spring, Morris left camp evaluators flabbergasted after a drill.
                        He easily dunked a 20 pound medicine ball consecutively 10 times.
                        The intriguing thing about Morris is that right now a lot of what he is doing is off of his natural skills. He is naturally very strong, especially in his base, as he very difficult to move out of the lane. Also he has good quickness, laterally and off the floor, for a man his size. He is not the most skilled player on the court right now but his raw talent is making up for it.

He has great hands and has a nice touch around the bucket, although his range is limited. Right now his game is more about using his strength and quickness to get what he wants around the bucket. He will need to continue to develop his post game to succeed as the competition gets bigger and better.

Morris’ has a high ceiling and is just starting to realize his potential. I think he has the natural strength to succeed as an offensive tackle in football, but he’s clearly a basketball player. He will only get stronger once he gets into a college level weight room and at that point watch out. With proper coaching and a good motor, he could be nasty down low in the Big 12.
                        Morris has the look of a much more athletic Kevin Bookout down low.
                        Eat it up Shocker fans!

T

Comment

Here Shaq dunks his team to victory in the final seconds of the game. Yeah, I think he's a pretty good-looking ball player. I'll take him... :tyrannosaurus:

T

Comment

I did a little snooping on an ORU board that was discussing the possible signing of Shaq. They were disappointed and inferred there was "more to the story" regarding why Shaq came to WSU.

From what I've gathered, Morris verbally committed to us more than once over the past few weeks, only to revert back to Wichita State each time under intense pressure from their coaching staff and his own family members.
                            That my friends is why he gets the big bucks. You do NOT want to be recruiting head-to-head against HCGM.

This would be a great time to remind the athletic department once again to pay Gregg what he is worth.. which is 2 million. Pay him, pay that man his money.

T

Comment

Those MEAN Shocker coaches! They made Shaq go to WSU when he really didn't want to.

Comment

Working...
                              X