2024-25 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    It is May, 2024, and I am reminded that it was FORTY YEARS AGO this month that I was diagnosed with cancer. I had 2 little kids and a good-lookin wife, and let me tell you, I was frightened. 8 months of chemo and 8 weeks of daily radiation and it was all over but the worrying. I had a world-class oncologist, terrific support from family and friends, and a million prayers headed my way. God is good, and IT'S GREAT TO BE ALIVE!
    That's amazing! Every day is truly a gift. What a journey--thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      It is May, 2024, and I am reminded that it was FORTY YEARS AGO this month that I was diagnosed with cancer. I had 2 little kids and a good-lookin wife, and let me tell you, I was frightened. 8 months of chemo and 8 weeks of daily radiation and it was all over but the worrying. I had a world-class oncologist, terrific support from family and friends, and a million prayers headed my way. God is good, and IT'S GREAT TO BE ALIVE!
      God Bless You! Great story of hope. KILL CANCER!

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

He also has a great DVD collection and a finance-free waterbed. Not to mention, he’s a Licensed Notary Public.

He’s not some random clown.

(Did I mention his condo with a fountain view?! Legend.)
        Tell ‘em about the ‘benies!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            Thank god.

If I had a wish list, we need another H&H with an A-10 or lower Big East, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Thank god.

If I had a wish list, we need another H&H with an A-10 or lower Big East, as well.
              Would love a H/H with St. Bonaventure so I can go to the road game

Comment

Wichita State Athletics continues its commitment to stakeholder feedback and introduces new fan-friendly and premium seating opportunities in Charles Koch Arena for the 2024-25 men's basketball season.

Comment

They had baseline seats late last year?

Comment

If anyone took advantage of the new baseline seating, can you let me know? I reached out and the numbers they gave me didn't make sense but the rep was having to look a bunch of stuff up and I'm not sure if they knew what they were talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      We must have thrown a big fit and threatened not to come (as we should have) to pull that off.
                      St. Bonaventure could certainly claim they were more deserving based on the last several years performance. They should absolutely not go to this event now.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        They had baseline seats late last year?
                        Yeah, I noticed it last year. Just the NW baseline right in front of the student section. It seems like the floor gets more and more crowded. Not sure I like that.

This is going to sound weird, but I think they need to reduce the seating in the arena. The days of regularly putting 10k in the building are over.

A couple of my ideas:

The top row is Row 34. I think the posts sit at Row 31. I would block off everything behind that. Curtain it off or board it up. Something. You could use that area up there for storage. People aren’t clamoring to sit up there. And no, I don’t think you could find a way to put suites up there. The only way to get up there would be to climb the stairs. Bigwigs aren’t doing that.

Speaking of suites though, there are a couple blocks of seats on the east side between the entrance level and the benchback seats (without arm rests). You could take those seats out and maybe see if you could maneuver the structure to make suite areas there. Kinda hard to explain with just a text description, but I can see it when I’m in the arena.
                        78-65

Comment

Mark your calendars on Saturday, Dec. 21 for an in-state showdown in Charles Koch Arena between the Wichita State Shockers and Kansas State Wildcats.

Sounds like this game will be fairly gated off to try and keep the purple away. Hopefully we can get 8.5-9k in yellow in the building.
                          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                            https://goshockers.com/news/2024/6/4...oundhouse.aspx

Sounds like this game will be fairly gated off to try and keep the purple away. Hopefully we can get 8.5-9k in yellow in the building.
                            Wait .. is a game in Koch arena being sold separate from the season ticket package? Am I reading that right?

EDIT: .. might just be saying SASO and season ticket holders get priority access to EXTRA tickets

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Yeah, I noticed it last year. Just the NW baseline right in front of the student section. It seems like the floor gets more and more crowded. Not sure I like that.

This is going to sound weird, but I think they need to reduce the seating in the arena. The days of regularly putting 10k in the building are over.

A couple of my ideas:

The top row is Row 34. I think the posts sit at Row 31. I would block off everything behind that. Curtain it off or board it up. Something. You could use that area up there for storage. People aren’t clamoring to sit up there. And no, I don’t think you could find a way to put suites up there. The only way to get up there would be to climb the stairs. Bigwigs aren’t doing that.

Speaking of suites though, there are a couple blocks of seats on the east side between the entrance level and the benchback seats (without arm rests). You could take those seats out and maybe see if you could maneuver the structure to make suite areas there. Kinda hard to explain with just a text description, but I can see it when I’m in the arena.
                              Not a bad idea about the last three rows. I did love my row 31 seats right in front of the camera bay before we gave them up.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X