Scrimmage Against South Dakota State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    Probably slim to none, unless this is an extraordinarily challenging sprain. Think of it this way -- if a player the caliber of Van Vleet were under some sort of practice restriction but scheduled to become available at the semester, do you think there would be any question of redshirting? Or would the Shocks happily accept him for the remaining two-thirds or so of their schedule, which will include the entire Valley season?

One other thought: Van Vleet seems to be a very level-headed, solid kid, and we know Marshall isn't going to do anything desperate (nor does he need to, with guys like Armstead, Williams, Cotton, and even Baker available). So if it does seem best for the long haul, and Marshall for some reason decides to recommend redshirting, I have no doubt it would be the right choice -- and it seems quite possible that Van Vleet, perhaps learning from the experience of White and Wessel, would have the wisdom to accept the suggestion. But I'd be pretty surprised if it ever becomes a question for serious consideration (and by the way, feel free to remind of what I just said if it actually does).
    At this moment, how many point guard candidates do we have for the 13'-14' season, other than FVV?

My question excludes make-do 2 guards such as Cotton as candidates.

If FVV is the only candidate, then should we get him ready for the 13'-14' season?

Just wondering.
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Hey guys! Im in South Dakota right now for work. I feel super relevant in this thread all of the sudden.

You're welcome for this useless post.

Also, there is absolutely nothing here and it's freaking cold.

If their basketball team beat us in practice good for them. It could do nothing but help us and they can go back to that all season when they try to figure how it helps their rpi :)

Comment

We have a verbal from 6 foot Rain Holland.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
          We have a verbal from 6 foot Rain Holland.
          Committed on 06/26/2012 according to ESPN. I am confused.
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."

"Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind."

-Thomas Jefferson

What did Thomas Paine have to say about "roundball"? :D
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Not for sure what the confusion is. I was responding to ricardo del rio's question on true point guards for next year. If Holland signs it would be two. It does seem like the Shockers are interested in getting one more but we also appear full for next year if all verbals sign.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Yeah, that's sort of the point. Teams with a stud rally around him and rise above their usual ability. Which is why you have been pining for a "lunker".
                  Ummm.. my dream "lunker" and whatever SDMSLU has are not one and the same thing. My lunker is a top 10-15 Power Forward or Center. Yes, you can rally around a hoss like that, but that doesn't mean he is a one man show. If we ever land that lunker I am hoping for, I'm expecting to have several top 100 players to go right along with him. Kind of like what we have right now. All we are missing is the lunker.

T

...:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                    Ummm.. my dream "lunker" and whatever SDMSLU has are not one and the same thing. My lunker is a top 10-15 Power Forward or Center. Yes, you can rally around a hoss like that, but that doesn't mean he is a one man show. If we ever land that lunker I am hoping for, I'm expecting to have several top 100 players to go right along with him. Kind of like what we have right now. All we are missing is the lunker.

T

It's all relative. We are going to require a higher calibre player to meet the stud requirement, that's absolutely true. But having said stud is better than not having a stud and that is the original point.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      It's all relative. We are going to require a higher calibre player to meet the stud requirement, that's absolutely true. But having said stud is better than not having a stud and that is the original point.
                      We have studs. In fact we have more studs than SDSMNOP. Lunkers, neither of us have.

T

Comment

I really wish I knew what all the South Dakota acronyms were :) I'm afraid to ask

Comment

SDMSLU is society of medical diagnostic sonographers, Louisville University
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                            We have studs. In fact we have more studs than SDSMNOP. Lunkers, neither of us have.

T

Touche'.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I don't know. Shaq sounds pretty heavy

Comment

Win, lose, or draw the scrimmage, I for one was delighted to see WSU picked fourth in the Valley preseason poll. GREAT bulletin board material -- if it isn't already posted, it will be when the time comes.

Meanwhile, I suspect third-place choice UNI will never even see the license plate of the yellow and black truck that runs over them; and IlSt had better be looking in their rearview mirror, too, and be ready to get the heck out of the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X