Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

"Please Mr Koch...can we just have this one?"
    It's a bad look when "adults" (world travelers no less), are seen pleading to local industry titans for assistance pandering to extorting children.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
      In a coordinated effort the entire league should refuse the handshake line vs Memphis and head straight to the locker room.
      Opposing fan bases, should be heavily populated with Anti-FedEx signs. Perhaps UPS would be willing to provided the signs and posters.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
        Boomer alert ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        Eh. More like entitled millennial.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• We can moan and whine about Memphis, but how many of "Us" would like to have this scheudle?

Memphis' schedule in 2024-25 includes:
          Home against
          Missouri
          Mississippi State

Road games versus
          UNLV
          Clemson
          Virginia

Neutral-site
          San Francisco in San Francisco

TBD
          Mississippi (‘ole Miss, home and home)

Invitational (Nov. 25-27): three games at the Maui
          UConn, North Carolina, Michigan State, Auburn, Iowa State, Dayton and Colorado

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Disgusting lol. Memphis is honestly the dirtiest, most pathetic program. Can’t coach, and has obviously lost the ability to pull top 10 recruits, so they’re trying to make up for it by poaching some of the best players from the conference now. It still doesn’t solve their issue… aka penny.

man I hate that program.
            Nobody "pulls top 10 recruits" anymore. They pay.

And you're just jealous.

They'll be balls deep in us by half-time next year, you can rest assured of that.

If a school chooses to roll their entire institutional legacy through the slop, then Memphis is one of those showing you just how to do it. They are MILES ahead of us in the immorality game. And I for one am delighted.

It won't last long though, Wichita has a TON of money. And the Shockers have - historically - been very important to this city. Folks will start paying up - bigly. We will pay top-40 money and will have a top-40 program. But I won't be watching.

Disgusting child-worshipers.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Nobody "pulls top 10 recruits" anymore. They pay.

And you're just jealous.

They'll be balls deep in us by half-time next year, you can rest assured of that.

If a school chooses to roll their entire institutional legacy through the slop, then Memphis is one of those showing you just how to do it. They are MILES ahead of us in the immorality game. And I for one am delighted.

It won't last long though, Wichita has a TON of money. And the Shockers have - historically - been very important to this city. Folks will start paying up - bigly. We will pay top-40 money and will have a top-40 program. But I won't be watching.

Disgusting child-worshipers.
              Obviously they paid. What I’m saying is that they can’t even pay enough to draw them there because of Penny’s bad track record. Also it’s not immoral to pay kids for NIL. What’s immoral is all the dirty under taking. The conference should absolutely not be turning 50% over.

Comment

• Memphis....once again.....will have a Roster that should be able to walk their way to a conference championship and NCAA tourney appearance. Only 1 major problem....Penny is their coach and he will....once again....underperform.

Not worried about Memphis. They will likely clobber us, cause most of the time that is what happens. But they will disappoint.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  I thought Jones was in the portal?
                  All the posts about him entering the portal were from troll accounts

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                    With all the poaching by the Memphis Raiders, I hope every other team has them 100% in their sights to deliver an ass beating. I know it won't happen every time, but .01 and his crew should have a target on their back every single game.
                    The coaches should share their scouts on Memphis with each other.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Memphis must have a comically low recruiting travel budget, since they use every game they play as an in-person visit.

Comment

• Where did Penny find the time to “recruit” with his mom being sick?

Ok, that was a bit low…probably some karma heading my way.

Comment

• I've said it before and I'll say it again, penny and prime are the same person. Lazy recruiters who's strategy is built on short cuts. They just poach and don't even bother with high school recruits. And suck as coaches.

Comment

• Good move for Kenny. Can probably do a bit move moving down a bit

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Obviously they paid. What I’m saying is that they can’t even pay enough to draw them there because of Penny’s bad track record. Also it’s not immoral to pay kids for NIL. What’s immoral is all the dirty under taking. The conference should absolutely not be turning 50% over.
                              Memphis was PULLING top 5 recruiting classes before NIL. Black players worship Penny's brand, and Memphis was fully Nilling, pre-NIL. Just like the K|Uck-City Cheats,... but with less white-washing.

NIL isn't just immoral, it's unethical, irresponsible, irredeemable, and unsustainable.

If they want to fix the problem, this is the only way to move forward. You offer a living stipend of $40k per year, per scholarship athlete. That would be more than enough for a "professional student".

If you told me back in the day I was gonna get paid $20k/year to play hockey, chase tail, and sometimes study, I would have thought I'd won the lottery.

Or, if the top 40 BCS programs wanna remain semi-pro, the rest of us (210+ schools) can start the NCAAA and get busy being an amateur athletic league again (with healthy stipends).

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Good move for Kenny. Can probably do a bit move moving down a bit
                                Just proof that he wasn’t quite at this level. I wish him all the best. He’ll do well there I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X