Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pogo, you are right. They are all basically on the same page.

Comment

• The day March madness ceases to exist is the day I stop watching. There’s magic in having mid majors there.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
        I actually like the clarification. It would have prevented the Tomlin situation…
        I think the Tomlin situation could still potentially be viewed differently as he was kicked off the team and perhaps even out of school.

But the ESPN article I read a last week, which is in the NCAA forum here, did state that the legislation would not allow mid-season transfers. I went back and verified that.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
          The day March madness ceases to exist is the day I stop watching. There’s magic in having mid majors there.
          Keep hanging on. You aren't alone and it won't die all at once. A "token" mid major here and there will be a way for the money "establishment" to say that they are fair to non-P5 schools.

Meanwhile, no more WSU players being hung in the rafters at Koch Arena.

I even saw a 1940 Ford Coupe with a rumble seat last week. Nostalgia can be good.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
              I'm assuming Abidde also considered San Diego State, Portland State, Long Beach State, Boise State, and Chicago State, amongst a host of others.
              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                The day March madness ceases to exist is the day I stop watching. There’s magic in having mid majors there.
                like NC St

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

I'm assuming Abidde also considered San Diego State, Portland State, Long Beach State, Boise State, and Chicago State, amongst a host of others.
                  I THINK I saw what you did there....:)

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

"Hey! Those aren't states!"

Signed,
                    Sold-cattle-to-build-locker-room Missouri State fans

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

"Hey! Those aren't states!"

Signed,
                      Sold-cattle-to-build-locker-room Missouri State fans
                      Can't go wrong with Wright State.

Comment

• I think McNeese State is also an option!
                        Last edited by Topshock; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• At least he didn't pick Memphis State.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Fedex just pledged 5 million a year for the next 5 years to Memphis. So we probably should get used to losing all our best players to Memphis since businesses in Wichita aren't interested in NIL apparently.

EDIT: They will also apparently match 50% of any other donations on top of that. So Memphis is shooting for another 2.5 million from other sources, similarly to us, but their 2.5 million becomes a 9 million bucket a year because of Fedex.
                            Last edited by Stickboy46; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              Fedex just pledged 5 million a year for the next 5 years to Memphis. So we probably should get used to losing all our best players to Memphis since businesses in Wichita aren't interested in NIL apparently.

EDIT: They will also apparently match 50% of any other donations on top of that. So Memphis is shooting for another 2.5 million from other sources, similarly to us, but their 2.5 million becomes a 9 million bucket a year because of Fedex.
                              is that more than they were paying players before?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

is that more than they were paying players before?
                                Maybe, maybe not .. but its now the "official" amount

Comment

Working...
                                X