Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Well... Their coach left too
    It don't matter, they gone regardless.

Comment

• Sounds like Kasean Pryor from South Florida might be headed to the portal too, joining leading scorers Miguel and Youngblood... sad to see that success on the court doesn't seem to count for much these days.

Is it just me, or does it feel like there simply aren't enough spots on teams with big NIL budgets to provide landing spots (with playing time) for all the good players in the transfer portal?

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
        Sounds like Kasean Pryor from South Florida might be headed to the portal too, joining leading scorers Miguel and Youngblood... sad to see that success on the court doesn't seem to count for much these days.

Is it just me, or does it feel like there simply aren't enough spots on teams with big NIL budgets to provide landing spots (with playing time) for all the good players in the transfer portal?
        Yeah feels that way. But maybe just shopping around. All could likely return to their schools if they choose.

Instead of testing the NBA waters...now they all test the NIL waters.....
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

It don't matter, they gone regardless.
          Nah. Several are expected to follow him to SLU. They were going to be wherever he was.

Comment

• As predicted portal wound up again. 1543 as of 7:30 pm

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
              As predicted portal wound up again. 1543 as of 7:30 pm
              Somewhere along the way, the college student/basketball players need to do the math. That number is almost large enough to fill 119 top teams with 13 players each. Or.... 220 top teams with a 7-man rotation. Well, neither of those things are going to happen. Particularly when those same schools are getting the cream of the crop of new freshmen and JUCO players.

Now, I'm sure some of those in that number are transferring FROM the top programs, because they want to play and not be recruited over all the time.

I think it will be interesting to see if these numbers start to down as players don't get picked to "move up" and they find that their old school has already filled their roster spot.

There are only so many players that can play at the top level (and not just sit on the bench). And so forth and so forth all the way down the levels.

Comment

• So am I reading this correctly? Is Penny's son in the portal for Memphis? Does that mean Dad didn't find his son good enough, or does his son not like his father? If there is no Father/Son loyalty then we are living in chaos.

Comment

Sounds like Kasean Pryor from South Florida might be headed to the portal too, joining leading scorers Miguel and Youngblood... sad to see that success on the court doesn't seem to count for much these days.

This is accurate. Every year there are kids who leave and don’t find a big money deal like their agents tell them and they are left with nothing and maybe their old team takes them or maybe they have moved on and fill the scholarship. Only the top of the top get the big NIL that actually comes to fruition (not just a promise) and get the playing time and exposure they are told they can get. My hope is that eventually someone wises up and knocks some sense in to these kids.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                    There are quite a few nice plums just in the last six hours. Hope we are in contact with several of them. ALL of Indiana State starters are in the portal incl Avila.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Ok, if my math is correct, he is wanting $91,250,000 per year? Sure, why not. (shrug shoulders)

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Ok, if my math is correct, he is wanting $91,250,000 per year? Sure, why not. (shrug shoulders)
                        Pay day, not per day!

hahahaha
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

This is accurate. Every year there are kids who leave and don’t find a big money deal like their agents tell them and they are left with nothing and maybe their old team takes them or maybe they have moved on and fill the scholarship. Only the top of the top get the big NIL that actually comes to fruition (not just a promise) and get the playing time and exposure they are told they can get. My hope is that eventually someone wises up and knocks some sense in to these kids.
                          I have a hard time feeling sympathetic when it doesn't work out for guys who leave good situations to chase a bag (even if I can't fault them for it). If players want the perks of being a professional athlete, including free agency, they shouldn't be treated with kid gloves by fans and the media.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            So am I reading this correctly? Is Penny's son in the portal for Memphis? Does that mean Dad didn't find his son good enough, or does his son not like his father? If there is no Father/Son loyalty then we are living in chaos.
                            Ashton wasn't very good this year so it makes sense that he transfers down a level I guess. Memphis fans are happy because Penny definitely played his sons for more minutes than their talents warranted.

Comment

Ashton wasn't very good this year so it makes sense that he transfers down a level I guess. Memphis fans are happy because Penny definitely played his sons for more minutes than their talents warranted.
                              No, no, no. There's only two possible options! He either hates his dad or his dad thinks he's the worst player ever to touch the court!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Pay day, not per day!

hahahaha
                                Well that makes a hell of alot more sense. I was looking at this a little blurry eyed from a hotel lobby this morning. I am proof positive that staying at a Holiday Inn Express does not make you smarter.

Comment

Working...
                                X