Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You'd think we are going to start reaching a point where the players stop remembering what Penny did as a player, and instead have just grown up with Penny being an underachieving coach.

Comment

• As much as it would hurt the league, I hope Memphis continues to fail. Act like a D-bag team and you get what's coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
        As much as it would hurt the league, I hope Memphis continues to fail. Act like a D-bag team and you get what's coming.
        I can't quite bring myself to hope that. I was looking at average attendance numbers this morning, and they are the only team keeping the AAC average above the MVC.

AAC avg: 4258
        MVC avg: 3896

If you take out their 12276 per game, the AAC is at 3690. If you factor them back in at 4000 per game (probably well below their floor, granted), the AAC would sit at 3711.

I know this isn't portal related, but losing Houston (7400), Cinci (9600) and now SMU (5100) has really hurt the league's overall attendance. Hopefully schools like UAB, USF and UNCC can continue to draw better. It will help if WSU, Temple and Tulsa can get back to their historical averages. Tulane and UTSA need to get their acts together. Sub-2000 is abysmal.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I can't quite bring myself to hope that. I was looking at average attendance numbers this morning, and they are the only team keeping the AAC average above the MVC.

AAC avg: 4258
          MVC avg: 3896

If you take out their 12276 per game, the AAC is at 3690. If you factor them back in at 4000 per game (probably well below their floor, granted), the AAC would sit at 3711.

I know this isn't portal related, but losing Houston (7400), Cinci (9600) and now SMU (5100) has really hurt the league's overall attendance. Hopefully schools like UAB, USF and UNCC can continue to draw better. It will help if WSU, Temple and Tulsa can get back to their historical averages. Tulane and UTSA need to get their acts together. Sub-2000 is abysmal.
          Need to add VCU

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Need to add VCU
            Their 7,200 would be a nice add. But Dayton's 13,000 would be even better! If we're just considering attendance, of course.

Comment

Their 7,200 would be a nice add. But Dayton's 13,000 would be even better! If we're just considering attendance, of course.
              Dayton would be be a good get but VCU better fits the AAC profile as a large research university in an urban setting.

They would also fit in nicely from a geographic perspective with Temple (5 hour drive), Charlotte (4 hour drive), and ECU (2.5 hour drive).

Comment

• I was surprised that the AAC just barely outdraws the A-10 (4180). The MWC is far better at nearly 7000 per game. Of course, they had an excellent year as a conference.

Comment

I was surprised that the AAC just barely outdraws the A-10 (4180). The MWC is far better at nearly 7000 per game. Of course, they had an excellent year as a conference.
                  MWC had an excellent regular season, but sh!t the bed in the post-season overall.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

MWC had an excellent regular season, but sh!t the bed in the post-season overall.
                    I hate when that happens...
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

You can get a lot of that at a winning program, though. The caliber of players that Memphis has had over the last decade could have played for a lot better schools. Maybe at first it wasn't all that clear, but by now it should certainly be clear that Memphis is not where you want to go if you want to make a deep run in March.
                      Exactly what's wrong with the NIL and transfer rules. It is clear Memphis hasn't made a deep run with all that talent and players should be aware of that fact...BUT they (Memphis) pay better. The shift in kids thinking to being paid better is all that matters these days. Winning is secondary. Cheapens the game and losses it's integrity. Again...great for the kids but sucks for the fans.
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Exactly what's wrong with the NIL and transfer rules. It is clear Memphis hasn't made a deep run with all that talent and players should be aware of that fact...BUT they (Memphis) pay better. The shift in kids thinking to being paid better is all that matters these days. Winning is secondary. Cheapens the game and losses it's integrity. Again...great for the kids but sucks for the fans.
                        If you're a decent (not great) D1 player, which would you rather do -

1) Get $30 or $40K for starting on a team with little or no chance of making the tourney
                        2) Get $150K to be a role player (or even a bench warmer) on a P4+BE team
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Memphis recruits with dollars and that’s what they get, kids that only care about the dollars.

Comment

• ”With that being said”

I can’t find who said it and where, but whoever you are…you are absolutely correct and I’ve never noticed it before. Maybe I just never cared to notice it…IT IS on every transfer portal post!

Maybe we should just change the title of this thread to “with that being said”.

Comment

• Rice, Temple & North Texas all recruiting Flanagan

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• 1323 as of 7:30 pm

Comment

Working...
                                X