Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Do you think in 2026-27 we finally won't have to talk about/convert the Covid year anymore?

Because I'm pretty sure we will still be dealing with it.
    Is the NCAA even worried about this covid transfer thing? I don't know how many lawsuits the NCAA is facing right now. If the NIL lawsuit doesn't bankrupt them (to the tune of $4 billion), the "actual" female NCAA athletes that are suing the NCAA over their actions to take away fair play most assuredly will completely bankrupt them. I have to wonder if the (female) lawsuit against the NCAA won't somehow affect some schools who were attempting to silence the female athletes and just accept the men into their locker rooms. It's just a complete clusterf**k at this point. NCAA has to settle this thing somehow, otherwise they just get wiped clean. Like Enron or Lehman Brothers. They'll become a footnote in grand wikipedia fashion.

Comment

• FAU's Goldin in portal now - also Yesufu

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
        FAU's Goldin in portal now - also Yesufu
        Scroll up
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Do you think in 2026-27 we finally won't have to talk about/convert the Covid year anymore?

Because I'm pretty sure we will still be dealing with it.
          Next season should mostly be the last of it because it will the fourth season post-COVID. I suppose there still could be some stragglers who had hardships and redshirts. But any player who graduated high school in 2021 or later won’t anything to do with the COVID freebie season.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Next season should mostly be the last of it because it will the fourth season post-COVID. I suppose there still could be some stragglers who had hardships and redshirts. But any player who graduated high school in 2021 or later won’t anything to do with the COVID freebie season.
            The Grant Gibbs of the NCAA could go on for years!
            Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Well......duh.....

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Transfer to another team in the same league??? The same league!!! Why?
                - Money?
                - Play for Penny?
                - Doesn't feel his current coach can get him to next level?
                - Thinks his current team sucks and he's much better off to bail on them? Boooo!!!

My fandomship is soooo wavering these days. I mean I guess it's good for the kids...but man it sure sucks for the fans.
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I’m fine with the transferring. It’s the transferring within the same league that’s BS.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                    I’m fine with the transferring. It’s the transferring within the same league that’s BS.
                    Yes we need to draw the line somewhere. I actually know more about what happened on “Law and Order” last week than who is still playing in the NCAA Tournament. Has it ended yet?

By the way, Marshall was a “meanie”. That watch twirling was beyond belief. What could we have been thinking?
                    Last edited by Shockm; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                      I’m fine with the transferring. It’s the transferring within the same league that’s BS.
                      Until a few years ago quite a few leagues didn't allow intraleague transfers. Every league allows it now, but I'm sure an athlete would have taken it to court if they didn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Until a few years ago quite a few leagues didn't allow intraleague transfers. Every league allows it now, but I'm sure an athlete would have taken it to court if they didn't.
                        I'm sure they would, because they should be able to do anything they want whenever they want to! Great preparation for actually living life.

Comment

• I have no idea what the draw would be of playing for Memphis at this point, other than it being the only place that will take you.

Just an abject failure to live up to expectations ever since Penny took over. Memphis is like a living embodiment of the theory of what would happen if you took the coach's salary and allocated it all to NIL, but instead of getting a cheap coach with big NIL, they have a fairly big NIL and an expensive coach with a cheap-coach ability.

Just talent wise, they should have had at least an elite 8 or two in the past 7 or 8 years, if not a final 4. But nope. Not even a sweet 16.
                          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

I'm sure they would, because they should be able to do anything they want whenever they want to! Great preparation for actually living life.
                            Every non- compete that I have signed for work purposes did not allow me to go to work for a competitive company until 2 or 3:years after I left. While some say they aren't binding, I had one job offer in Wichita that hired me then released me after about 2 hours because of that non- compete. I told them during the initial interview, but their legal department didn't see until after the hire was made.
                            Several years later, I had an employee quit. After hearing through the industry grapevine that he was working for a competitor, we took him and his new company to court. They argued that he was working in a different capacity. We won and he lost his new job. I'm sure there are situations that would be ruled the other way. But people don't like going to court in defense when breaking a contract. Contracts are the only way to go.

Comment

• Maybe fans just don't understand the appeal of a man with his own bobblehead. For the record, this is the same face he makes when his team does stupid sh*t.
                              He was a terrific NBA player. And no matter what teammates say about him, there is no way he can be called the goat (sorry Shaq). He never even won a championship. He has a net worth of probably $30-100 million. He has cartoons of himself and lil Penny. The Tigers play in one of the most beautiful NBA arenas. Why wouldn't players be drawn to that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Every non- compete that I have signed for work purposes did not allow me to go to work for a competitive company until 2 or 3:years after I left. While some say they aren't binding, I had one job offer in Wichita that hired me then released me after about 2 hours because of that non- compete.
                                Several years later, I had an employee quit. After hearing through the industry grapevine that he was working for a competitor, we took him and his new company to court. They argued that he was working in a different capacity. We won and he lost his new job. I'm sure there are situations that would be ruled the other way. But people don't like going to court. Contracts are the only way to go.
                                How binding a non-compete is depends heavily on what state you live in. Kansas gives a **** about workers, so they are pretty binding. In Missouri, they are still in employment contracts but most courts wont enforce them. California is so heavily dependent on the tech industry where people move around as discreet projects at big companies come and go, so they are nearly totally unenforceable and, as of January 1 of this year, can't be in any employment contracts.
                                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Working...
                                X