Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Yes it was. Worse was having to sit in AFH while students waved fake money at WSU players, all while Ku players were systematically collecting cash on a weekly basis from bars owned in whole or in part by Doug Compton, a business man reputed to have ties to the Kansas City mob, known bookie and all around bad guy.

Oh yeah, he's Dollar Bill's neighbor nowadays.
    How did you not throat-punch some self-righteous POS Beaker meathead? Simple fact of being outnumbered?

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
      First time in a while that the Shox haven't had some high-tanked players on these lists
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• 1073 as of 6 pm

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          1073 as of 6 pm

Unfortunately, I wouldn't think a high transfer recruit would look at the Shocks. There's just not enough of a sample size yet for a player to go "yeah, Paul Mills is my guy." With fHCGM, he could always say, "look, I've helped numerous guys get their shot at the big league." Best bet is probably higher profile guys from 2 years or so ago that didn't get much playing time, who might be overlooked because everyone is looking for the hot potato.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
            When can transfer portal kids start signing on to new teams?
            After signing the NIL contract! LOL
            Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Unfortunately, I wouldn't think a high transfer recruit would look at the Shocks. There's just not enough of a sample size yet for a player to go "yeah, Paul Mills is my guy."
              Maybe Paulino or Acey are their guy though.

Too Paul’s credit though, he seems to have a good report with his players. That can’t hurt.
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Whenever they want
                Thanks Stick. Trying to get an idea about when we might land our first transfer. Assuming the P5's get the first picks...I'm trying to remember when does the 2nd Round of the draft usually start for all us other farm clubs?
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Thanks Stick. Trying to get an idea about when we might land our first transfer. Assuming the P5's get the first picks...I'm trying to remember when does the 2nd Round of the draft usually start for all us other farm clubs?

Good one AZ!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

First time in a while that the Shox haven't had some high-tanked players on these lists
                    Should tell you everything that you need to know about the level of talent that we had on this year’s roster. Really hoping the staff and work some magic this offseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks771 View Post

Should tell you everything that you need to know about the level of talent that we had on this year’s roster. Really hoping the staff and work some magic this offseason.
                      Or the guy that would have been high on the list decided to stay.
                      I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

I think we’re in what they call the supplemental draft. Or maybe the suppository draft.
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Well according to some posters, the portal was picked clean in about a week and a half last year. So we should be coming up on the leftover draft any day now

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Well according to some posters, the portal was picked clean in about a week and a half last year. So we should be coming up on the leftover draft any day now
                            This is a good point. Mills was hired on March 22, 2023. Our last game this year was March 15, so Mills has exactly one additional week to work with this offseason.

So far, all we've seen or heard is one more week of crickets.
                            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

This is a good point. Mills was hired on March 22, 2023. Our last game this year was March 15, so Mills has exactly one additional week to work with this offseason.

So far, all we've seen or heard is one more week of crickets.
                              Absolutely. He didn't need to hire staff, move his family, get to know members of his new team, (whose staying whose going) or anything prior to recruiting the portal. He just wasted weeks of time by doing those things.
                              Sone folks have absolutely no sense of reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Absolutely. He didn't need to hire staff, move his family, get to know members of his new team, (whose staying whose going) or anything prior to recruiting the portal. He just wasted weeks of time by doing those things.
                                Sone folks have absolutely no sense of reality.
                                Not only that - But the dates do not even add up from one year to the next, which is totally misleading.

He was hired the Wednesday following the first round of the tournament last year. Meaning a year ago today was his first full day on the job.

Comment

Working...
                                X