Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Likewise. He had AC and Cliff in front of him, so X had to wait his turn, even though he supposedly told them at one of the first practices, "hey, which one of you boys is going to be sitting?" I probably screwed up the quote, but you get the idea. I've seen them all and X-Man marked the spot. Arguably, the greatest to ever wear the black and gold.

image.png​​
    My memory must be doing a Biden. I could of sworn that X came in the year after CL left for the NBA????? Just checked, you were correct, he was a freshman while cliff was here.
    Last edited by Atxshoxfan; March 27, 2024, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• X came in 1981, Cliff was drafted in 1982

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

My memory must be doing a Biden. I could of sworn that X came in the year after CL left for the NBA????? Just checked, you were correct, he was a freshman while cliff was here.
        No he just played behind Cliff and Antoine that first year. He still averaged 5 points or so because he played some in the first half, and more at the end of games when we had teams beat. He also was a good depth piece, when either one got in foul trouble.

The following year, Antoine was a Senior, and X a Sophomore. Both were great, and we were a Top 10 team, only losing 3 games the entire year.

In today's game, he would transfer out after his one year.

Comment

• Can you imagine having a freshman X Man sitting on the bench? Holy cow! We were stacked!!!!

As much as I loved the Final Four run in 2013 and the great 14 year ride with Coach Marshall, there will never be any sports team I loved more than the early 80s Shocker Basketball teams. My 13 year old brain thought they were the greatest thing ever assembled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

No he just played behind Cliff and Antoine that first year. He still averaged 5 points or so because he played some in the first half, and more at the end of games when we had teams beat. He also was a good depth piece, when either one got in foul trouble.

The following year, Antoine was a Senior, and X a Sophomore. Both were great, and we were a Top 10 team, only losing 3 games the entire year.

In today's game, he would transfer out after his one year.
            I have always thought that team would have won the National Championship if not for the probation.

Comment

• Had we not been put on probation losing our seven footer to KU and Cliff we would have gone undefeated with a national title - no one would have beat us

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Dude View Post

I have always thought that team would have won the National Championship if not for the probation.
                That's why we were on probation. It was a joke.
                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Losing KP and IA doesn't hurt a bit if we replace them with somebody better. On the other hand.............
                  There are lots of guys like IB.
                  Easily replaced? Probably, yet although IB had his faults, as look at my front window, I don't see any athletic 6'8" guys hanging around.
                  Will be interesting to see what HCPM and staff reel in to replace him.

Now Pohto?
                  He could drive you crazy at times with his mental approach to certain games. I immediately think of the Charlotte game and how it was obvious he didn't want to be there.
                  Then again, he made a commitment to stay after HCPM met with him and pulled his name out of the portal.
                  Say what you will, he was depth behind QB and much needed - especially after they realized Germany wasn't going to fill the bill.
                  However, he is not AAC level and needs a better situation to enjoy his last year. No explosion off the floor and has minimal lateral quickness.
                  The Fever mentioned Murray State and that may end up being an accurate assessment for his ability.

The replacements?
                  That's on HCPM and his Lieutenants to find and sign players who not only are better players, but fit the style he wants to play.

This will be one of the most interesting off seasons I can remember in a long time.

That is all.
                  Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

Watching ISUb. Hoping we can pick up a goofy big white kid who wears his grandmother’s glasses.
                    That kid has some of the best nicknames I have seen in a while. Some include: Cream Abdul Jabbar, Milk Chamberlain, Larry Nerd, College Jokic, Larry Blurred to name a few.

I would love to add this kid!

Comment

• View the profile of Drake Bulldogs Guard Kevin Overton on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                        https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba.../kevin-overton

Watched quite a few Drake game this year (since I seemed to constantly have $$ on them) - this kid is the real deal.

Comment

• When can transfer portal kids start signing on to new teams?
                          FINAL FOURS:
                          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                          Number of Times Ranked: 157
                          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                          #3 - Dec. 2017
                          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                          #2 ~ March 2014
                          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

That's why we were on probation. It was a joke.
                            Yes it was. Worse was having to sit in AFH while students waved fake money at WSU players, all while Ku players were systematically collecting cash on a weekly basis from bars owned in whole or in part by Doug Compton, a business man reputed to have ties to the Kansas City mob, known bookie and all around bad guy.

Oh yeah, he's Dollar Bill's neighbor nowadays.

Comment

• College basketball transfer portal 2024:
                              Ranking top 40 players as Tony Perkins, Sean Pedulla explore options

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                                When can transfer portal kids start signing on to new teams?
                                Whenever they want

Comment

Working...
                                X