Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Why in the heck you would pine for a Missouri Valley Conference back-to-the-basket style player when you finally have a dominant center that plays above the rim with a 70%+ finishing capability is beyond me.

Ballard was 5th in the nation in 2 point field goal percentage!!

Ballard doesn't have to -- and shouldn't -- put the ball on the ground. He _shouldn't_ be playing with his back to the basket. He is WAY better than that.

He should receive lob pass after lob pass after lob pass after lob pass.

If a guard is throwing anything but lobs to QB other than for an occasional give-and-go, they are wasting one of the most effective scoring weapons in the entire NCAA Division 1 league.

We are beyond blessed to have Ballard back.
    + infinity!!!! Cortes was the ONLY one who seemed to get that, and was the only one who seemed to be able to get it done. For that reason alone I hope he stays.
    "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Penny said he wants better defenders this time.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Mussel man has been all over WSU’s sloppy seconds since he’s been there. I was happy to seem them suck ass this year.

And lol Memphis.
        Sure he heard from most of these schools long before he entered the transfer portal, Tobias.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Pohto just entered the portal.

That is all
          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Pohto just entered the portal.

That is all
            Watching ISUb. Hoping we can pick up a goofy big white kid who wears his grandmother’s glasses.

Comment

• 1,007 as of 9 pm tonight

Comment

• Sorry to see Rodger’s leave but I thought it could happen… that’s basketball business today. Here today gone tomorrow. Sucks really. Pohto going doesn’t bother me as much….he was so aggravating. Hopefully we can get a bruiser, rebounder to go with Ballard who made huge strides last year. Hopefully Mills can work the portal and pull out a stud, who knows

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                  I’m going to come out right and say this. The way Pohto was playing at the end, with the defensive liability he became, I’m glad he’s gone. It’d be better to get a center who can actually stretch the floor a bit, not a back to the basket. Mills offense obviously doesn’t operate that way.

I’ll also say this. I’m a little surprised that so many are thinking our two incoming freshmen will potentially be impact players? I’m really struggling to remember they last time we had a freshman be worth much for us.
                  AC, Cliff, X, Maurice Evans, Toure' Murry, Landry Shamet, Ricky Council, Tyson Etienne.
                  I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Do VanVleet and Baker count?
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Losing KP and IA doesn't hurt a bit if we replace them with somebody better. On the other hand.............

Comment

• Didn’t Pohto go into the transfer portal last year as well? Going in back to back tells me he doesn’t really care to be here. So unlike last year, he should have his bags packed. I wish him well in finding his Murray State to land on.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

AC, Cliff, X, Maurice Evans, Toure' Murry, Landry Shamet, Ricky Council, Tyson Etienne.
                          Maybe someone in the know can share, but I don't recall Xman having a great freshman season. I know he exploded sophomore season. I honestly couldn't find any stats.

[edit] Just found them. He averaged almost 6 pts and 4 boards freshman year. Then 18 and 14 soph.

Forgot to add, in the eagle story about X, it mentioned he had $41 in his pocket when he came to Wichita from Columbia, SC.

- Signed, Eternally Grateful I got to witness that era
                          Last edited by JVShocker; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            Didn’t Pohto go into the transfer portal last year as well? Going in back to back tells me he doesn’t really care to be here. So unlike last year, he should have his bags packed. I wish him well in finding his Murray State to land on.
                            Well, last year he went in due to the coaching change. Mills talked him into coming back.

I have little doubt he'll find a situation that works better for him and have a good senior season.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Maybe someone in the know can share, but I don't recall Xman having a great freshman season. I know he exploded sophomore season. I honestly couldn't find any stats.

[edit] Just found them. He averaged almost 6 pts and 4 boards freshman year. Then 18 and 14 soph.

Forgot to add, in the eagle story about X, it mentioned he had $41 in his pocket when he came to Wichita from Columbia, SC.

Likewise. He had AC and Cliff in front of him, so X had to wait his turn, even though he supposedly told them at one of the first practices, "hey, which one of you boys is going to be sitting?" I probably screwed up the quote, but you get the idea. I've seen them all and X-Man marked the spot. Arguably, the greatest to ever wear the black and gold.

image.png​​
                              Attached Files
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

I remember his first game in the black and gold. He hit something like 10 of 10 shots ( don't remember the qty, but definitely 100%) and was ferocious on the boards. AC said after the game that he honored be a bookend with X.

Oops, after checking, this was his sophomore year. My bad.
                                Last edited by Atxshoxfan; 4 weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X