Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems like the same list of a hole schools targeting the top tier Shocker transfers every year. F them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

forevershockerfan had the scout, and his word is good as gold. If FSF says an incoming freshman will be a contributor, then there's a high chance that freshman will be a contributor. Even though FSF has never made one thin dime coaching.

Thank you for the kind words Kung Wu The Great. For a guy not making not one thin dime coaching, I sure had lots of free unsolicited opinions along with an off year last Season on predictions such as Shockers taking 5th. in the AAC and Germany being a starter. I did want the same pg you did from Israel though.

As far as KP, if he stays, I'm hoping his passing skills are more utilized, similar to the Season before that. Either way, I hope HCPM brings in a really good PF/C that can seriously challenge KP and DeGray for playing time. Yes, I really like TJ's game and think he can be a contributor in the Shocker rotation his Freshman year.

Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
        It seems like the same list of a hole schools targeting the top tier Shocker transfers every year. F them.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

I’ll also say this. I’m a little surprised that so many are thinking our two incoming freshmen will potentially be impact players? I’m really struggling to remember they last time we had a freshman be worth much for us.
          Grant Sherfield, Tyson Etienne, and Ricky Council all come to mind

Comment

• Yaxel Lendeborg is coming back to UAB.

Also have not seen where Haggerty is leaving?

The league can keep some talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
              Yaxel Lendeborg is coming back to UAB.

Also have not seen where Haggerty is leaving?

The league can keep some talent.
              Christian Coleman also confirmed he will be returning to UAB. Andy Kennedy has done a remarkable job retaining talent while at UAB. Good news for the AAC.

Not sure I like the graphic he chose below though lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                I will disagree somewhat with the idea that back-to-the-basket post skills don't have a place. Getting the ball into a post player with skills forces the defense to either let him work one-on-one or collapse, which opens up shooters and cutting lanes. I am damn sure hoping coach Acy works overtime with Q to further develop those skills (and his baby hook shot), especially with players like Beverly and DeGray on the floor who excel at cutting to the basket.
                I agree and will add that if you're a defender guarding a guy who can roll to the hole or post up 5-10 ft out and pop a short jumper consistently, how do you defend him? Front him or between him and the basket? Just plain old tough to defend when posting on occasion.

Think AC or X ability to post.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  I will disagree somewhat with the idea that back-to-the-basket post skills don't have a place. Getting the ball into a post player with skills forces the defense to either let him work one-on-one or collapse, which opens up shooters and cutting lanes. I am damn sure hoping coach Acy works overtime with Q to further develop those skills (and his baby hook shot), especially with players like Beverly and DeGray on the floor who excel at cutting to the basket.
                  With a 72% 2 point FG percentage, I hope that Acy doesn't touch a freakin' thing regarding Ballard's down-low decision making. Teaching a 72% 2 point maker to start kicking out to a 35% 3 point shooter or handing off to a 48% 2 point cutter is a losing strategy.

Instead someone needs to help him dial in his free throws. Acy should spend time working on defending against back-to-the-basket play and developing a better sense for recognizing and spacing when defending against cutters. Also QB needs help knowing when and how to pro foul.

QB can afford to get more aggressive when defending -- he's left too many personal fouls on the table for my liking. In my perfect world a dominant center would regularly have 3 or 4 PFs a game. If they aren't doing that either they aren't getting enough playing time or they don't understand where the thin line between fouling and aggressive play actually is.

Sorry, I'm rambling.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Grant Sherfield, Tyson Etienne, and Ricky Council all come to mind
                    Sherfield wasn’t great imo when he was here, and it was more that he had to be played than optionally too if I remember right (I could be wrong). You’re 100% on the mark with Tyson and Ricky though. Ricky blew me away. I knew he was gonna be big time early on. Still can’t believe he wasn’t starting lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

I might add Frankamp to that group as well.
                      And Joe Ragland

Comment

• As for QB, all he needs is a 8-10’ jump shot. Carl Hall was a layup/dunk only guy his junior year and was able to expand his range slightly his senior year. Maybe QB can do something similar. Doesn’t have to be a lot, but just a little bit would keep a defense on its heels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          As for QB, all he needs is a 8-10’ jump shot. Carl Hall was a layup/dunk only guy his junior year and was able to expand his range slightly his senior year. Maybe QB can do something similar. Doesn’t have to be a lot, but just a little bit would keep a defense on its heels.
                          Why would you want to reduce his scoring output? Encouraging him to take longer shots will absolutely reduce his 2 point field goal percentage and lower his offensive efficiency and our final score.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I wonder how many players FAU loses. Have to imagine they are bottom of the conference next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Oh, blow it out your insufferable a**. WSU just lost the greatest 3 pt. shooter they've ever had, who really stepped up big in March, and nothing on deck to replace that production.
                              He was referring to Pohto, you ignorant slut*

*The Office reference
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SkoShox View Post
                                Musselman has been all over WSU’s sloppy seconds since he’s been there. I was happy to seem them suck ass this year.

And lol Memphis.
                                Last edited by ShockerFever; 4 weeks ago.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X