Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Edition-Bilas “Let them transfer at Halftime to the opposing team” Portal Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Transfer portal officially opens the Monday after selection Sunday and is open for 45 days. So March 18th - May 2nd is the window.
    I wonder what the reasoning is to have the portal open before all NCAA play is over. What may be the advantages or disadvantages for both players and schools in or not in the post season?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I wonder what the reasoning is to have the portal open before all NCAA play is over. What may be the advantages or disadvantages for both players and schools in or not in the post season?
      Coaches have complained about that as it puts those still competing at a disadvantage, as well as the players on those teams that may wish to transfer.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Let the game of musical chairs begin again.

As a fan, it's hard to fall in love with a team when there is lack of connection to the players. I think a commitment should mean something. I think the requirement to sit out should be reinstated, otherwise it's way to easy to bail for playing time or money.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

It was originally 60 days, which meant if you started it after the tournament (early April) you would be into Summer semester by the time it closes. I'm guessing that's why. They shortened the window to 45 days this year but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the next change now.

Comment

I wonder if our NIL (if it exists) will offer all of our existing players some incentive to stay, different amounts for different guys of course.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              I wonder if our NIL (if it exists) will offer all of our existing players some incentive to stay, different amounts for different guys of course.
              Yeah. This is what the NIL guy looks like.

Comment

Eight today so far.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                  Eight today so far.
                  $8.00? Woohoo.

Comment

Losing Ballard would be like losing Tolle.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

So I'm torn. I feel like we need every player that Mills recruited this year that played any serious minutes this year to enter the Portal. Then also a couple of the hold overs. Basically i wouldn't be upset about anyone but Ballard and Rogers leaving.

Then i think ... Well Mills didn't recruit a single player that i want to stay after a year.... do I have confidence that he can do any better in the portal this time?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        So I'm torn. I feel like we need every player that Mills recruited this year that played any serious minutes this year to enter the Portal. Then also a couple of the hold overs. Basically i wouldn't be upset about anyone but Ballard and Rogers leaving.

Then i think ... Well Mills didn't recruit a single player that i want to stay after a year.... do I have confidence that he can do any better in the portal this time?
                        Well, see, now that we are playing on the Wednesday game, we have a chance to end our season that much earlier and he can get a good start on recruiting the portal.

I mean, last year he wasn't hired until waaaaaaaay late in the offseason (March 22 - a whole 2 weeks from now!) so that explains why he picked this team off the turd conveyor belt.
                        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post

Well, see, now that we are playing on the Wednesday game, we have a chance to end our season that much earlier and he can get a good start on recruiting the portal.

I mean, last year he wasn't hired until waaaaaaaay late in the offseason (March 22 - a whole 2 weeks from now!) so that explains why he picked this team off the turd conveyor belt.
                          1c237m.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post

It's not like recruiting started on his first day. His first order of business was probably personal stuff along with building a staff. But even that was after he had a couple of days talking to his old team and members of his new team.
                            Most recruiting is done by the assistant coaches who build relationships with recruits over several months. Giving them info on those coaches current school and team. Imagine working on a recruit for months, to convince him that he should come to your school, then all of the sudden you take a new job and now have to convince him, that he would now be better off at your new school.
                            By the time you create a new staff and start looking at the portal, the top talent is gone or at least down to a couple of schools. Your mostly left looking at kids who are scrambling to find any team that will take them. If I could prove it, I'd bet a ton of money that top kids are already being poached to new teams, but just waiting for the portal period to announce anything.

In other words, your sarcastic post is not real life. I'm not saying it will be better this year or even next year, but.....be real.
                            Last edited by Atxshoxfan; March 9, 2024, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Verbal Commits lists projected portal entries from this season so far at 55, including several from Dartmouth which is interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

It's not like recruiting started on his first day. His first order of business was probably personal stuff along with building a staff. But even that was after he had a couple of days talking to his old team and members of his new team.
                                Most recruiting is done by the assistant coaches who build relationships with recruits over several months. Giving them info on those coaches current school and team. Imagine working on a recruit for months, to convince him that he should come to your school, then all of the sudden you take a new job and now have to convince him, that he would now be better off at your new school.
                                By the time you create a new staff and start looking at the portal, the top talent is gone or at least down to a couple of schools.

In other words, your sarcastic post is not real life. I'm not saying it will be better this year or even next year, but.....be real.
                                We should have a reality show- ShockerNet on the Spectrum.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X