No announcement yet.

A New Type of NIL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a $50 Ballard tshirt. Hope its good quality for that price.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Got a $50 Ballard tshirt. Hope it’s a good quality for that price.
      Made in Gina!
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Made in Gina!
        Most of us were…
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

But, why??
          Because I am a principled man and I don't waver. I would love to see Wichita State be a leader and get out ahead of all this, building a coalition before it all comes crashing down.

Regardless, the LAST thing you'll see CB doing is walking up to children, wearing clothing that bears the name of his extortionist. How humiliatingly absurd.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Because I am a principled man and I don't waver. I would love to see Wichita State be a leader and get out ahead of all this, building a coalition before it all comes crashing down.

Regardless, the LAST thing you'll see CB doing is walking up to children, wearing clothing that bears the name of his extortionist. How humiliatingly absurd.
            If they are “children”, and you used to brag about touching yourself in the stands while they practiced, what kind of principles are we discussing here?
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

If they are “children”, and you used to brag about touching yourself in the stands while they practiced, what kind of principles are we discussing here?
              Well, according to Merriam-Webster, the third definition of principle is:

an underlying faculty or endowment
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Libel?

Comment

• NCAA: 1 in 3 star athletes receive abuse, threats by bettors
                  The NCAA reports that nearly one in three star athletes receive abusive messages from people with "betting interests," with some college basketball players getting death threats during championship tournaments.

May 17, 2024, 05:14 PM ET
                  David Purdum, ESPN Staff Writer

"One in three high-profile athletes receive abusive messages from individuals with a "betting interest," and more than 540 men's and women's college basketball players received similar abuse, including death threats, during championship tournaments in March, the NCAA said in a release Friday...."

Comment

• I thought I would put this here. I saw this coming.

Colleges can now pay players directly, If I understand this right.

Comment

• I thought I would put this here. I saw this coming.

Colleges can now pay players directly If I understand this right.

Comment

• I fully expect that to spend a lot of time in court. The proposed "settlement" is majority paid by the schools outside of the A5, who are not Even named in the lawsuit. Also there is a cap on how much can be paid, which will be challenged because it wasn't negotiated by a union. Future student athletes had no say and will have no say in this (unlike in a pro league where the union vote on contracts periodically).

Still a long way to go and this just screams of the A5 trying to still maintain an upper hand here.

Comment

• The IRS should love all of this NIL business. It opens up a new revenue stream. Before this cash was funneled to players with no record of it happening. Now it is out there in print and acknowledged by all parties. I wonder how much of the money that the conferences and ncaa are going to be giving to past players will receive after the lawyers and agents and IRS take their cuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                            The IRS should love all of this NIL business. It opens up a new revenue stream. Before this cash was funneled to players with no record of it happening. Now it is out there in print and acknowledged by all parties. I wonder how much of the money that the conferences and ncaa are going to be giving to past players will receive after the lawyers and agents and IRS take their cuts.
                            Not to mention all the earnings from bowl games, etc that were funneled to schools and surely not taxed since they are non-profit institutions.

Comment

Working...
                            X